Old August 18th 04, 11:14 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Boscastle

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is)

Indeed he is - according to bbc.co.uk, he's currently paying
Berlusconi a visit in Italy, having dropped in on the Olympics a
couple of days ago.

Would that be another free holiday for him and his family?

Blair is alleged to make a donation against his freebies, although I
doubt whether having to endure "Duce" Berlusconi is worth the money.

--
Tim

Old August 18th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
ted ted is offline

Tim Fenton writes

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
k...

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is)

Indeed he is - according to bbc.co.uk, he's currently paying
Berlusconi a visit in Italy, having dropped in on the Olympics a
couple of days ago.

Would that be another free holiday for him and his family?

Blair is alleged to make a donation against his freebies, although I
doubt whether having to endure "Duce" Berlusconi is worth the money.

Tony might be listening to Mrs "Duce" Berlunsconi as she allegedly IF
still
at home isn't all that PC correct; has a habit of calling it as she sees
it
Old August 18th 04, 11:48 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"David Hansen" wrote in message
news
I do not think this is a major disaster and of national
significance. Obviously it is locally very serious and it is right
for assistance to be rendered from the UK as a whole.

It is NOT a political visit.

It is a totally party political visit.

If it was a party political visit, and he was thinking of vote-gathering,
North Cornwall would be one of the most futile places in the UK for him to
visit !

--
Richard

Old August 18th 04, 12:09 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message k...
"David E. Belcher" wrote in message
om...
"Tony Day" wrote in message

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is)

Indeed he is - according to bbc.co.uk, he's currently paying
Berlusconi a visit in Italy, having dropped in on the Olympics a
couple of days ago.

Would that be another free holiday for him and his family?

Not if you believe the Downing St spin that the Blairs donate to
charity an amount equivalent to the value of the holiday hospitality
received.

On the subject of visiting national disasters, on that basis when is 2
Jags going to visit Virgin HQ?!
Old August 18th 04, 12:13 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Tim Holden" wrote in message
om...

On the subject of visiting national disasters, on that basis when is 2
Jags going to visit Virgin HQ?!

Hasn't he done enough to save the drowning this week?

Old August 18th 04, 02:14 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Tony Day" wrote in message

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is)

Indeed he is - according to bbc.co.uk, he's currently paying
Berlusconi a visit in Italy, having dropped in on the Olympics a
couple of days ago.

Would that be another free holiday for him and his family?

From what I heard on the news this morning, it could have been a
rather 'unfortunate' visit for him - wasn't there a bomb found near
where he was staying?

It's no doubt a free holiday for them yes. He's probably trying to
work up the energy to impregnate his wife in order to win the voters'
hearts just in time for another election...
Old August 18th 04, 02:19 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:48:48 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be "Richard
Rundle" wrote this:-

If it was a party political visit, and he was thinking of vote-gathering,
North Cornwall would be one of the most futile places in the UK for him to
visit !

Quite possibly. However, what really matters to party politicians is
how things look on television.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.
Old August 18th 04, 03:27 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On 18 Aug 2004 07:14:19 -0700 someone who may be
(Lukipela) wrote this:-

From what I heard on the news this morning, it could have been a
rather 'unfortunate' visit for him - wasn't there a bomb found near
where he was staying?

Probably put there by Pater Mandelson or Alastair Campbell to get a
bit of sympathy for Mr Liar.

The first free holiday that cost a bomb? ;-)

IGMC

Old August 18th 04, 03:40 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default LU driver's managers told him to stop assisting stab victim

Clive Feather:
Much, if not all, of the US has a "Good Samaritan" law: if you were
genuinely attempting to give help in an emergency, you can't be sued for
the results of your actions.

That's "laws", plural -- this is under state jurisdiction.
http://www.momsteam.com/alpha/features/cardiac_awareness_center/good_samaritan_laws.shtml
has a synopsis of Good Samaritan laws in all 50 states and DC, showing how
they vary. In Canada, http://www.canadianlawsite.com/goodsamaritan.htm
says that rescue attempts are required in Quebec and protected in 4 of the
the other 9 provinces.
--
Mark Brader | But I think we can do better next time. (Where the
Toronto | word "we" refers to [those] who do the hard work while