Old August 18th 04, 04:19 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Boscastle

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Zak Thargle-Whoosh" wrote in message
om...

Remember to carry a card with you at all times,
saying that you don't want Cherie Bliar to
visit you in hospital if you are seriously ill.

Unless you are in need of an emetic.

no words to express the effect that had.
you haven't lost it john, as you never will.

Old August 18th 04, 04:49 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 18 Aug 2004:

(Zak Thargle-Whoosh)typed

Remember to carry a card with you at all times, saying that you don't
want Cherie Bliar to visit you in hospital if you are seriously ill.

I bought a 'don't' card a long tome ago. It was modelled on the Donor
Card of the time:

'In the event of an accident, don't let Mrs Thatcher visit me.'

I said it was a long time ago...

I wish I'd known you could get those, I'd have got one, too!
--
Annabel - "Mrs Redboots"
(trying out a new .sig to reflect the personality I use in online forums)

Old August 18th 04, 05:42 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article , Helen Deborah
Vecht wrote:
'In the event of an accident, don't let Mrs Thatcher visit me.'

Superseded by the ...DiPoW... edition IIRC

Some years ago, a colleague of mine had a very authentic looking 'donor
card' which requested that, in the event of him being comatose in hospital,
Princess Diana only be allowed to visit him in on condition she attempt to
shag him back to conciousness :-)

Old August 18th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

David Hansen wrote in message . ..
On 18 Aug 2004 07:14:19 -0700 someone who may be
(Lukipela) wrote this:-

From what I heard on the news this morning, it could have been a
rather 'unfortunate' visit for him - wasn't there a bomb found near
where he was staying?

Probably put there by Pater Mandelson or Alastair Campbell to get a
bit of sympathy for Mr Liar.

Do you think they could think up a plan quite as complex as the one
you're suggesting?
Old August 18th 04, 06:35 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

David Hansen wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:34:55 +0100 someone who may be "Tony Day"
wrote this:-

If Blair is out of the country (which I assume he is), Prescott is acting
head of state.

Mrs Battenburg is head of state, whether she is in the UK or not.
She has a whole line of successors, whose place in the pecking order
is worked out in a rather sexist way, but these only come into play
upon death.

She does, however, make exceedingly good cakes.

judicious snip applied

If he is up to his job then he will already have enough
understanding of such events. One of the effects of global warming
is going to be more weather extremes. He claims to be interested in
global warming and in England he covers all sorts of planning. Thus
he should have ensured that he is briefed adequately on such things,
for example with reference to Lynmouth.

The only interest a politician will have in climate change will be how
to extract more money from the taxpayer and extend control over the
individual.
This, incidentally, is why "global warming through increased levels of
carbon dioxide in the atmosphere" was thought up as it is hogwash as
basic science and undisproveable, as it is unproveable.

David
Old August 19th 04, 08:17 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message ...
"David Hansen" wrote in message
On 18 Aug 2004 07:14:19 -0700 someone who may be
(Lukipela) wrote this:-

From what I heard on the news this morning, it could have been a
rather 'unfortunate' visit for him - wasn't there a bomb found near
where he was staying?

Probably put there by Pater Mandelson or Alastair Campbell to get a
bit of sympathy for Mr Liar.

The first free holiday that cost a bomb? ;-)

IGMC

could well have cost him an arm and a leg more like...
Old August 19th 04, 08:34 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

om...

(Lukipela) wrote this:-

wasn't there a bomb found near
where he was staying?

Probably put there by Pater Mandelson or Alastair
Campbell to get a bit of sympathy for Mr Liar.

The first free holiday that cost a bomb? ;-)

could well have cost him an arm and a leg more like...

If it cost him both arms, he would no longer be able to hug Cherie, so it
was probably planted by Mandelson.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped