Old October 16th 03, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJC CJC is offline

Default Todays metro, Graffiti artest wanted

wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Rob) wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...8.asp#graffiti

Wonder if they have pictures of TOX??

So they were lucky enough to have the person caught on a unit where the
saloon CCTV equipment was actually working. All they need to do now is get
the dud 30-40% saloon CCTVs working to perhaps catch somebody elsee at it.

Roger

I too prefer seeing grafitti to adverstising on the tube, I don't like
the window scratches though, or on good architecture. I think some of
it looks alright, and TOX seems to know about the tube at least,
he/she tags where signals are and at window height for maximum
exposure. TOX could make a better effort in his/her work though. I
actually think some of the stuff done on a couple of district line
trains is good, better than the lack of paint on it. LU should invite
a few famous grafitti artists to do up a few trains on the District,
be a good publicity stunt.

I am resigned to there being a problem on the network, I don't think
there is much anyone can do to stop the stuff going up, a lot of them
cant be prosecuted as they're too young and it is the fault of LU,
letting people get in their property esp. near depots (which seems to
be a speciality of TOX), I mean if a 15 year old can do it a terrorist
can and blow up the whole rolling stock of a tube line. Best to have
fun working out how they got to the places along the route rather than
complain.

Old October 16th 03, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Rob" wrote in message

Looks like a spell-checker is needed too.

;-)
--
Brian
"What's the point in growing up if you can't behave like a kid when you want

Old October 16th 03, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJC wrote:

I too prefer seeing grafitti to adverstising on the tube, I don't like
the window scratches though, or on good architecture. I think some of
it looks alright, and TOX seems to know about the tube at least,
he/she tags where signals are and at window height for maximum
exposure. TOX could make a better effort in his/her work though. I
actually think some of the stuff done on a couple of district line
trains is good, better than the lack of paint on it. LU should invite
a few famous grafitti artists to do up a few trains on the District,
be a good publicity stunt.

That is utter rubbish IMO. TOX just paints his tag on any unused surface
that he can reach. Many of his efforts have vandalised brick walls that
have stood in their quiet dignified way for over a century. The unpainted
District line trains would look a lot better if they didn't have to be
subjected to harmful cleaning agents to remove the grafitti. And please
don't try to elevate these vandals to the status of "artists". It's
criminal damage pure and simple.

Would you like your home defaced in this way?
--
Richard J.

Old October 16th 03, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote the following in:

CJC wrote:

[...]

I agree with everything you say here. The thing about the graffiti that
you get on tube property is that it simply isn't the kind of graffiti
that can be considered art. It's just a load of crap, unimaginative
tags that make otherwise pleasant looking trains ugly.

There's one of those designated graffiti area type things near my
house, and some of the stuff you get there is amazingly good. It really
transforms a dull concrete bridge (coincidentally it's a bridge over
the District line), and it's definitely a vast improvement. Anyone
trying to label the crap TOX is guilty of as art should see the real
thing first.

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.
Old October 17th 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJC" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

In article ,
(Rob) wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...8.asp#graffiti

Wonder if they have pictures of TOX??

So they were lucky enough to have the person caught on a unit where the
saloon CCTV equipment was actually working. All they need to do now is

get
the dud 30-40% saloon CCTVs working to perhaps catch somebody elsee at

it.

Roger

I too prefer seeing grafitti to adverstising on the tube, I don't like
the window scratches though, or on good architecture. I think some of
it looks alright, and TOX seems to know about the tube at least,
he/she tags where signals are and at window height for maximum
exposure. TOX could make a better effort in his/her work though.

His/her *work*?! This kind of behaviour is not clever or a form of art -
it's criminal damage that costs taxpayers hundreds of millions of pounds a
year in the UK. It also heightens peoples fear of crime, as these tags are
essentially gangs "marking their territory".

I am resigned to there being a problem on the network,

That's the spirit!

I don't think
there is much anyone can do to stop the stuff going up, a lot of them
cant be prosecuted as they're too young and it is the fault of LU,
letting people get in their property esp. near depots (which seems to
be a speciality of TOX)

It's not the fault of LU. They seem to invest a lot of money in fences,
CCTV and razor wire along the tracks and depots. Is it *your* fault if
someone breaks into your house because you didn't have bars on your windows?

Old October 17th 03, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Rob) wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...8.asp#graffiti

Wonder if they have pictures of TOX??

So they were lucky enough to have the person caught on a unit where the
saloon CCTV equipment was actually working. All they need to do now is get
the dud 30-40% saloon CCTVs working to perhaps catch somebody elsee at it.

Roger

Shame the picture of his face was so blurred as to be almost useless.
What is it with CCTV vendors? WHy are the pictures from their systems so
goddamn crap? You can get a tiny CCD device in a camera or video camera and
it produces FAR better pictures than CCTV.

B2003
Old October 17th 03, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ed Crowley" typed

It's not the fault of LU. They seem to invest a lot of money in fences,
CCTV and razor wire along the tracks and depots. Is it *your* fault if
someone breaks into your house because you didn't have bars on your windows?

The police almost suggested that, when I was burgled, it was my fault
for not having a burglar alarm...

I HATE BLAMING THE VICTIMS!

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old October 17th 03, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Boltar) wrote:

wrote in message
In article ,
(Rob) wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...8.asp#graffiti

Wonder if they have pictures of TOX??

So they were lucky enough to have the person caught on a unit where
the saloon CCTV equipment was actually working. All they need to do
now is get the dud 30-40% saloon CCTVs working to perhaps catch
somebody elsee at it.

Roger

Shame the picture of his face was so blurred as to be almost useless.
What is it with CCTV vendors? WHy are the pictures from their systems so
goddamn crap? You can get a tiny CCD device in a camera or video camera
and
it produces FAR better pictures than CCTV.

B2003

Most of the time the pictures from the cameras are recorded at very slow
speed in time lapse, which means that the results are next to useless for
any real purpose. Plus, they are generally recorded to tape. Digital
(which the buses are supposed to have) would be a much better quality.

Roger
Old October 17th 03, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:26:48 +0000, romic wrote:
Most of the time the pictures from the cameras are recorded at very slow
speed in time lapse, which means that the results are next to useless for

Shouldn't affect the picture quality though, just the frames/second

any real purpose. Plus, they are generally recorded to tape. Digital
(which the buses are supposed to have) would be a much better quality.

Hang on, TV is produced on tape, much of it on DVC Pro, which gives a
great quality picture.

As for camera size, you can get broadcast quality cameras only a few
inches long and maybe an inch wide

Camden Underground Graffiti Mr R London Transport 16 December 31st 06 12:38 PM
2 jailed for railway graffiti Solario London Transport 112 October 3rd 06 09:07 AM
graffiti trainspotter London Transport 57 February 3rd 04 08:27 AM
Graffiti Rob London Transport 7 November 21st 03 04:40 PM
Graffiti on London Underground Trains - continues Chris Brady London Transport 5 August 7th 03 10:59 AM