Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Darren
Forum: London Transport February 14th 06, 03:41 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Darren
Silverlink Metro transfers to Tfl Nov 2007

KAS wrote:
one small point - how can the Branch qualify for TFL - its 50 miles from
london for heavens sake. surely make sense to electrify it !!!

Are you referring to to the Marston Vale...
Forum: London Transport February 14th 06, 12:28 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Darren
Silverlink Metro transfers to Tfl Nov 2007

Peter Masson wrote:
while I've lost track of what currently operates St Albans Abbey -
is it 313s, or are 150s used despite the wires?)

313s, or if there's a shortage of them 321s are used.
Forum: London Transport February 14th 06, 12:20 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Darren
Silverlink Metro transfers to Tfl Nov 2007

Paul Scott wrote:
The new concessionaire will have to release stock for two routes not being
transferred - what are these?

150s for Bedford-Bletchley and 313s for St Albans Abbey
Forum: London Transport February 10th 06, 05:00 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Darren
Rail link scheme a priority

Chris Tolley wrote:
There are umpteen other East of
England PT projects that should be greater priorities, like increasing
capacity on the ECML, and upgrading cross-country links, especially...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 05, 11:55 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By Darren
For Boltar About The EOR.

Boltar wrote:
Well you shouldn't have de-electrified it in the first place then
should you!
I don't see why it would be too dangerous. Would people start running
around on the track just...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 05, 09:17 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Darren
My Epping and Ongar line history website rate it and anyone willingto link me?

EorJames wrote:
Could you guys tell me what you think. It still needs a bit of work.
And if anyone here is willing to exchange links.

Its interesting, as you might be able to tell from my sig, I...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 05, 05:39 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Darren
Most liveries on a single TOC

Dr. Sunil wrote:
Some of the dirty grey/crimestoppes/railcard ones are 313s.

315s have them as well

Anti Trespass: 315844/858
Travelcard: 315845
Intalink: 315857
Undercoat: 315845-315856
Forum: London Transport February 21st 05, 09:59 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Darren
Strange TOC name on WAGN Moortgate service this morning.

Boltar wrote:
Inta-something , forget the last part.

Intalink, its a Bus/Rail partnership in Hertfordshire, between various
bus companies, WAGN and now One, who also have a 315 in these...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 05, 04:29 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Darren
SET 376 - A big disappointment

Jack Taylor wrote:
IIRC, after the last time, Bombardier purchased the former Chapman company
outright.

That's right: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/3330089.stm

[ The company...
Forum: London Transport January 25th 05, 12:35 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Darren
District Line

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Several tons were saved from the weight of the paint, they said.

Makes you wonder what some of the trains on the National Rail system
must weight then, with these TOCs...
Forum: London Transport December 15th 04, 06:09 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darren
New rival plan for Crossrail

GazK wrote:

It hardly looks like a serious proposal if it is published on the personal
webspace you get with a £25 a month blueyonder broadband account!

It would help if the map was slightly...
Forum: London Transport December 15th 04, 12:23 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darren
OT Bing Bong

Chris wrote:
I'm glad we don't have any of them in the center of London :-)

You Will, just wait until Capital Radio and GWR Group merge next year

I do remember they(/she?) were asking people...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 08:30 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darren
Bing Bong

elyob wrote:

I remember b3ta.com did an interview with the lady who does the voices.
There's a link to her website at the end.

http://www.b3ta.com/people/emmaclarke/

Oh yes...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 11:34 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By Darren
London's closest pair of level crossings?

Martin Underwood wrote:

Can I ask a supplementary question? Whereabouts in London (or even in the
whole of Britain) is the closest pair of level crossings in terms of the
length of road (not...
Forum: London Transport December 6th 04, 01:04 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Darren
London Critical Mass

wrote:
Try the link on the right that says "When and Where" :-)

I did and there was no time or meeting point.

From the link Dave Newt suggested:

London CM meets at 6pm on...
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 04, 08:21 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Darren
Travelcard Zone Adjustments

John Ray wrote:

Does anyone know what determines changes like this?

Earth Movement?

.....I'll get my coat

Forum: London Transport December 1st 04, 10:10 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Darren
Access to this Newsgroup

David Bradley wrote:
If I pop into an Internet Cafe and wish to send and receive messages
to this news group, what would be my options, if any?

David Bradley

Google Groups?...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 04, 12:52 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Darren
What would a Gatwick to Liverpool Street service require?

David E. Belcher wrote:

To build on the last-mentioned point, surely a lot of air travellers
from Essex & East Anglia would be better off going from Stansted
rather than Gatwick?

David E....
Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 04:56 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Darren
Train - Underground tickets

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

I don't know about Sportis which is now obsolete here but the portable
machines currently used by WAGN can do tickets to Underground zones I
think, as well as the...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 04, 03:39 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Darren
Train - Underground tickets

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

You can't buy a ticket online *to* an Underground destination either. You
can at NR ticket offices. PITA.

Can SPORTIS issue tickets to an individual Underground...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 04, 08:48 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Darren
East London Line extension news

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

Would that be why the Watford-Brighton service, which also uses
platform 16 (?), is being dropped ?

Eh? Silverlink's West London Line trains currently terminate...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 04, 09:43 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Darren
150130 at Euston

Neil Williams wrote:

Unless it's changed, an early-morning Silverlink service from MK Central (or
probably Bletchley these days on a Saturday) to Euston is operated using a
pair of 150s to get...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 04, 08:51 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Darren
Silverlink County Timetable

Gavin Hamilton wrote:
Definately an 86, the NSE liveried one...................... and I
can't
remember the number!

86401

--
Darren
Forum: London Transport September 8th 04, 01:32 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Darren
Blockade of cross London Thameslink services from Saturday 11thSeptember 2004 until 2005

D7666 wrote:
Why ask such a question ?

Since BedPan / Thameslink electrification WH PSB has sucessfully
managed to run the same railway for 15 years without routing HST to
Moorgate - or...
Forum: London Transport June 24th 04, 02:17 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Darren
Kings Cross mainline - query

"John Hearns" wrote in message
The platform is already there, Platform 9 3/4
Simply walk straight at the girder, and keep...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38

Forum Jump