Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J. Chisholm
Forum: London Transport June 24th 10, 10:09 AM
Replies: 33
Posted By J. Chisholm
Massive Disruption at Paddington

Kev Lawrence wrote:
"CJB" wrote in message
On Jun 23, 9:41 pm,...
Forum: London Transport May 26th 10, 12:47 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By J. Chisholm
Post office railway reuse

Only if you expand the bore from the same point all the way through.
If you expand it downwards at the stations, and upwards away from
them, the incline is significantly reduced.

And if you...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 09, 10:13 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By J. Chisholm
Disruption at Feltham

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:14:48 +0000, "J. Chisholm"
I don't go with 'constant change' theory. More like a typical foundation
that has been undermined by...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 09, 09:14 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By J. Chisholm
Disruption at Feltham

Bruce wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:18:36 GMT, "Richard J."
You're talking as though the problem is insufficient brickwork at the
top of the arch. But...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 09, 02:35 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cycle route from Finsbury Park to North Finchley

wrote:
In article , (J.
Chisholm) wrote:

Hello...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 09, 11:48 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cycle route from Finsbury Park to North Finchley

Paul Luton wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Hello Londonistanis,

I live in Finsbury Park, and am currently working in North Finchley.
I've been getting there by public transport so far, but...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 09, 03:47 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By J. Chisholm
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

Barry Salter wrote:
Hi folks,

Nobody appears to have picked up on this Press Release on the DfT site
that was posted on Friday:

-----8-----Start of quoted text-----8-----

056 ...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 09, 11:51 AM
Replies: 298
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Adrian wrote:

If it's not a silly question, why did you stop in a position where he
could pull up alongside?

Because had I stopped outside the cycle lane I would have risked being
hit or...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 09, 08:57 AM
Replies: 298
Posted By J. Chisholm
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Graculus wrote:
Boris's latest mad-cap idea:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7998687.stm and other sources.

So, the idea is that this allows cyclists to move off before lorries and...
Forum: London Transport March 19th 09, 01:43 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By J. Chisholm
Beware parking illegally in Ealing

wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 09, 09:25 AM
Replies: 77
Posted By J. Chisholm
All TfL buses suspended due to snow

Neil Williams wrote:
On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 01:38:14 +0000, Matthew Dickinson

I can't remember this happening in the 70s and 80s when we had the
same...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 09, 09:30 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By J. Chisholm
New Pedestrian Crossings....

Cheeky wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:28:11 +0000, Stuart

... they've all got the green man/red man lights next to the button
rather than in the...
Forum: London Transport December 4th 08, 11:47 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By J. Chisholm
A foot and cycle bridge across Barking Creek as part of the DLRDagenham Dock extension?

John Rowland wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, John Rowland wrote:
How about a hand-wound transporter bridge hanging from the fixed bar
of the flood barrier?
APPROVED....
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 08, 08:54 AM
Replies: 92
Posted By J. Chisholm
Boris admits bendy-buses are safe - but he'll axe them anyway

Boltar wrote:
The problems are lack of mirror coverage of their near sides made worse by
high driving positions and lack of any or...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 08, 04:06 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By J. Chisholm
Bridge joints

John Rowland wrote:
I don't know the correct terminology, but I'm talking about the 2 rubber
strips across the entire road width which you get on either side of a road
bridge.

Expansion...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 08, 03:43 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By J. Chisholm
Another squashed bus

Richard J. wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:
Seehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7528024.stmfor info and
picture. In Old Oak...
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 08, 10:08 AM
Replies: 50
Posted By J. Chisholm
Crossrail approved

Mr Thant wrote:
How will this work? I thought that the Crossrail platforms were to be
on the south side of Paddington under the...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 08, 03:49 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By J. Chisholm
Thameslink Rolling Stock

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
06:30:52 on Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Mr Thant
Forum: London Transport April 21st 08, 11:43 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By J. Chisholm
Airtrack

Paul Scott wrote:
So on 'environmental grounds' they want...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 08, 10:31 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By J. Chisholm
Kings Cross Meeting Point Advice

Mr Thant wrote:
On 9 Apr, 10:26, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I need to arrange to meet a small group (15) somewhere in the King's
Forum: London Transport February 21st 08, 09:33 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By J. Chisholm
Councils block in illegit driveways

Tom Anderson wrote:

Where I used to live some idiot insisted on parking his (almost)HGV on
the footway. Apart from the damage and difficulty in...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 08, 03:22 PM
Replies: 70
Posted By J. Chisholm
Councils block in illegit driveways

IanB wrote:

I was completely sickened by the interview with the councillor
concerned. Her excuse for impounding people's cars was health and
safety - "people expect cars to drive up ramps but...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 07, 03:04 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By J. Chisholm
The King's Cross St. Pancras nexus - a novelty tube map

Paul Scott wrote:
I thought people here might...
Forum: London Transport October 16th 07, 08:51 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By J. Chisholm
Kings Cross -progress on platform Y?

Mr Thant wrote:
J. Chisholm wrote:

So does anybody know the timescale for completion?

If you scroll to the back of the ECML business plan (the landscape
pages):
Forum: London Transport October 15th 07, 02:10 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By J. Chisholm
Kings Cross -progress on platform Y?

I had an opportunty to wander around KX on Friday. Most of the area
along the most eastern side is now blocked off as a work site, and
scaffolding is all over the outside along York Way. No sign of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63

Forum Jump