Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Adamfi
Forum: London Transport October 31st 08, 06:51 AM
Replies: 51
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Penalty fare increase

Neil Williams wrote:

Fare-dodging isn't theft, as it doesn't deprive someone of the travel
you have "taken".

What I find curious is that you can end up with a criminal record for
fare-dodging,...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 08, 09:38 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard Adamfi
NatEx looks to close Dot2Dot

I suspect, in hindsight, NatEx are glad they got out of GatEx when they did,
with Southern already reporting that demand is...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 06, 01:25 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Richard Adamfi
The real reasons behind the strike?

Are LU offering voluntary redundancy? Surely if the package was
generous enough, we could eliminate unnecessary ticket office staff
without a strike?

If the same tickets can be bought from a...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 06, 04:53 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

wrote:

Is Oyster also not available on National Rail between West Brompton and
Earl's Court? What about a journey starting at Richmond and ending at
Stratford but via the...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 06, 03:14 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

wrote:
The following is a hypothetical scenario, since I do not have Oyster of
any sort.

If I have Oyster pre-pay, and I get on NR at Wandsworth Town (no
barriers of any...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 06, 09:23 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

On 2 Jan 2006 13:18:25 -0800, "james007"
wrote:

Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

Yes. For me, it's over £100 cheaper to just 'pay as you...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 06, 06:53 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Bus jam

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:52:01 +0000, Paul Corfield

lights governing traffic flow into and along it. Oh and which has taxis
allowed into it at its western extremity...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 06, 12:25 PM
Replies: 71
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Zone 6 conquers ten further Southern stations...

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:04:40 -0000, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:

I can just see Ashtead and Leatherhead jumping for the joy at this prospect!

Well, Leatherhead...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 06, 10:13 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Richard Adamfi
One Day Travelcards on Oyster?

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:44:47 +0000, Tom Anderson

I know - and capping also loses in the crucial midnight-to-0430 window,
too, and there are probably other issues...
Forum: London Transport December 27th 05, 10:11 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Richard Adamfi
tube and buses.New Years Eve/Day

spikemike wrote:

I will be wanting to travel between Wapping and South Kensington..
suppose i will have to bring my walking boots with me...and a flask of
hot soup.. ha...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 05, 02:01 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Can I buy an Oyster reader?

Adam Funk wrote:

Of course the bus company might have *accidentally* erased the tape by then.

However, if you request to see the CCTV but it is no longer available,
then the fact that you were...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 05, 01:19 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Can I buy an Oyster reader?

Has anyone ever requested PROOF from the bus driver that the Oyster has
been validated?

I was thinking of printing out a form and asking the driver or DLR
train captain to sign each time I board a...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 05, 09:37 AM
Replies: 445
Posted By Richard Adamfi
New Fares

Barry Salter wrote:

Not really...With the £1.20 Cash Fare, you need to make 10 bus journeys
in a week for a Bus Pass to be worthwhile. With the increase, that comes
down to 9. Okay, it's not...
Forum: London Transport October 5th 05, 09:32 AM
Replies: 445
Posted By Richard Adamfi
New Fares

Neil Williams wrote:

And gbp3 is an absolute insult. Off-peak, you can get a ticket for
unlimited train travel throughout Greater Manchester for less than
that, for example. gbp2 is too much...
Forum: London Transport October 5th 05, 09:11 AM
Replies: 445
Posted By Richard Adamfi
New Fares

Neil Williams wrote:

It takes 5 mins to get one, and then you just feed a tenner into the
machine when the barriers say you are getting low.

...which TfL get to keep and earn interest...
Forum: London Transport October 4th 05, 06:35 PM
Replies: 445
Posted By Richard Adamfi
New Fares

Neil Williams wrote:

Cheaper fares on Oyster, not artificially and ridiculously
over-expensive ones on paper.

Of course, that would be better but we have already tried that strategy
this year. ...
Forum: London Transport October 4th 05, 06:01 PM
Replies: 445
Posted By Richard Adamfi
New Fares

Neil Williams wrote:

I understand the purpose of the exercise is to encourage Oyster use,
but IMO this is not the way to do it.

So what is the way to do it? Abolish cash fares straight away? ...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 05, 08:01 AM
Replies: 50
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

Adrian wrote:

RPI was 137.9 at Jan 1993 and 192.2 at Jul 2005.

According to that, fuel prices have risen *much* faster than inflation.

Forum: London Transport August 24th 05, 11:59 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Blue is the new Pink - TfL 7DTC become Oyster only

Mizter T wrote:

This move represents TfL's next big push for the Oyster card system,
and is backed up by a witty and well executed poster campaign across
the Tube and elsewhere (I've seen at...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 05, 08:48 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Saturday parking hours

Paul Weaver wrote:

Save it for who? Theres no reason to go into most town centres now.

Of course, many people still have need to visit
shops/banks/businesses/work places etc. which traditionally...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 05, 11:12 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Tube so expensive

Tom Anderson wrote:

Actually, the real cost of motoring *has* gone down, hence (partly)
the
growth in the number and length of car journeys.

I didn't realise that! How the hell did that...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 05, 08:02 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Saturday parking hours

Eh?

Most town centres (and most suburban centres of London) have on-street
parking restrictions covering the whole of Saturday afternoon
(typically 8am-6.30pm Monday to Saturday).

Central London is...
Forum: London Transport March 8th 05, 02:06 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard Adamfi
Public Transport to Heathrow

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

What about

Forum: London Transport March 7th 05, 08:30 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Richard Adamfi
London-Oxford Megabus

Rosalba e Massimo wrote:

So, are the above two completely different services? If they are the
same, is Megabus timetable correct?
In any case, do you know if Megabus has more stops in...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 04, 01:17 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Richard Adamfi
My other car is a bus

What do you think of the new advert?