Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Simon Hewison
Forum: London Transport April 4th 10, 08:58 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Simon Hewison
SWT hounded my family over £2 fine

On 30/03/2010 11:19, David Cantrell wrote:
Now that's *obviously* nonsense. Cyclists don't get stopped for
ignoring traffic regulations.

You obviously haven't been in the City of London when...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 10, 01:26 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Simon Hewison
Blind Lamps

On 12/02/2010 08:15, Neil Williams wrote:
But I agree. I don't see why London insists on being so backward.
Flipdot displays were crap, so I don't blame them for missing those
out, but it...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 09, 08:30 PM
Replies: 41
Posted By Simon Hewison
Now I can't top my Oyster card

redcat wrote:
Maybe this time next year LT/Oyster Card will have figured out how to
take my money on-line ;-)

The issue here is one of Transport for London trying its best to reduce
its...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 08, 08:46 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Simon Hewison
Large Hadron Collider 'advert' on Northern Line tube cards

Has anyone else spotted the in-car tube card adverts with a photo of
part of the Large Hadron Collider on the Northern Line stock? It is just
a photo, with tiny text pointing at it being related to...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 07, 07:53 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Simon Hewison
Thameslink 2000 question

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
While true, isn't there also a problem at Farringdon because of the time it
takes to switch from overhead to track power supplies?

Doesn't seem to take more than a...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 06, 08:47 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Simon Hewison
Finchley Central gates

Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
Why are there no automatic ticket gates on the Station...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 06, 09:45 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Simon Hewison
Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

Peter Frimberly wrote:
Thanks for sharing your photos, if anyone craves even more (including
some close-ups of the carriage undersides as they were craned
overhead), I've put the good ones...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 06, 06:56 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Simon Hewison
What's this green thing at London City Airport?

Voice wrote:
The one at Stansted is an eerie find if you're just driving around &
it appears out of the woods at about 9 at night!

So if you happen to own a green aeroplane about the size of a...
Forum: London Transport October 29th 05, 08:31 PM
Replies: 71
Posted By Simon Hewison
Red lights in Criclewood, Harrow and elsewhere

John Rowland wrote:
The traffic lights at Cricklewood Lane / Claremont Road are a particular
conundrum, because they only allow about 4 vehicles to emerge from busy
Cricklewood Lane before...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 05, 07:51 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Simon Hewison
False name & address on Oyster - any problems?

Jon D wrote:
I don't much like the idea of the Oystercard people being able to
look up each and every journey I ever make by tube.

I've nothing to hide and I don't seek complete anonymity. ...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 05, 07:42 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Simon Hewison
dumb question from America

Got Any Gum ? wrote:
i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

181.6 kg. There is no official measurement called Stones.
(At least, not in the UK).

However, Mick...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 05, 12:47 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Simon Hewison
Last three RM routes

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Am I right in thinking that no RMLs are running on the 13 so any RMLs
still in service are on the 38 or 159?

Sullivan Buses have a few routemasters that they're using...
Forum: London Transport July 24th 05, 05:53 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Simon Hewison
"The Tube" TV Show

Joe wrote:
I know that filming was taking place a few months ago, and the last I
heard of it was that The Tube would be starting again on ITV1 London in
August. Anyone know when It's due to...
Forum: London Transport July 20th 05, 11:29 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Simon Hewison
Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

Neil Williams wrote:
I'd say that cycle routes are very subjective as there are many
factors that can make them good or bad to any given individual
cyclist, and as such they're best planned...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 05, 08:33 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Simon Hewison
Parking in Lambeth

J. Chisholm wrote:
Mrs Redboots wrote:

I agree. All it takes is late evening and sunday working. In all of...
Forum: London Transport March 19th 05, 09:26 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Simon Hewison
Lights, camera, Becktion!

Robin Mayes wrote:

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they...
Forum: London Transport February 8th 05, 07:34 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Simon Hewison
Unresolved Bus Journey

Barry Salter wrote:
A more likely explanation is that your colleague is likely boarding the
Northern Line at Finchley Central and neglects to touch in or out as the
gates are open 99% of the...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 05, 06:20 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Simon Hewison
Cunning escalator plan?

Adrian wrote:
Seems clearer to me than ... "landing momentarily" (*for* a
moment rather than *in* a moment, in UK English).

Isn't that why so many people are jumping to their feet and...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 05, 07:44 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Simon Hewison
Oyster Pre-pay - can't top up online?

Graham J wrote:
No, because you can't put credit or tickets on it online, you can only order
credit or tickets, you still have to collect it somehow (by passing through
gates normally as it...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 04, 08:12 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Simon Hewison
Oyster, pre-pay.

RW wrote:
Yesterday I was unable to "touch out" my prepay Oyster due to all the gates
being out of order at a station that I was exiting from.

When that happens to me, as it frequenty does at...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 04, 09:12 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Simon Hewison
Highway Code for Coach Drivers

Martin Underwood wrote:
I do it because if I'm turning left, I can't afford to take my eyes off the
road ahead to check my left mirror or look over my left shoulder to look for
cyclists who are...
Forum: London Transport September 18th 04, 01:41 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Simon Hewison
Oystercard picked from pocket

Christian Hansen wrote:
The person on the phone looked up my number and said that, no, it hadn't been
cancelled but no, it hadn't been used since Friday. I had a little shiver of
1984-style Big...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 04, 08:19 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Simon Hewison
Top up Oyster Prepay - "too many coins"?

Graham J wrote:
Legal tender is a means of payment that should not be refused by a creditor
to settle a debt. If you are buying a ticket, or paying for an item in a
shop there is normally no...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 04, 04:17 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Simon Hewison
TfL cycling (on-yer-bike posters) spot-the-problem quiz

On 2004-04-29, Brimstone wrote:
Is the scene in a one way street?

Extra points if you can name the street and whether or not it is
actually a one-way street.
Forum: London Transport April 29th 04, 03:20 PM
Replies: 19

On 2004-04-29, Dan Gravell wrote:
Simon Hewison wrote:

TfL are currently publicising a load of cycling route guides on
various tube stations posters /...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32

Forum Jump