Showing results 1 to 25 of 230
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TKD
Forum: London Transport February 1st 07, 06:44 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By TKD
Train firms to roll out Oyster PAYG

Nice to see this going forward and forward, but I'd also like to see a
timetable for it.

You can piece some of the implementation timetable together from press
releases by c2c, one, Silverlink...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 07, 08:18 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By TKD
Using Oyster on Valid NR Services

How does Oyster work when you need to touch in and touch out on more than
one occasion to complete a...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 07, 10:33 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By TKD
Oyster for single day UK visitors?

If two of us are coming into London from Sussex to go to the RA in
Piccadilly, what is the best...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 07, 08:36 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By TKD
Oyster Prepay and YP railcard

Is it possible to set up a YP railcard on Oyster prepay, so that if I
use
it the maximum I would pay off peak would be 50p cheaper than the
cheapest
travel card ie...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 07, 12:33 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By TKD
Oyster Prepay and YP railcard

Is it possible to set up a YP railcard on Oyster prepay, so that if I use
it the maximum I would pay off peak would be 50p cheaper than the cheapest
travel card ie £4.30.

I can buy a...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 07, 05:43 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By TKD
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

According to today's London Lite, Chiltern are to accept PAYG from June
at the rest of its Greater London stations (Northolt Park to Wembley
Stadium) .

They are also to retail cards outside...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 07, 03:30 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By TKD
North East corner - Underground

Why does the north east corner suffer from a lack of customers yet the NW,
SW and SE do fine for numbers? Any ideas? Could it mean the lack of
passenger numbers further closes in the North...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 07, 03:16 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By TKD
Travelcard pricing - is this really correct?

One day Travelcard Z1-6 is also valid on National Rail, so it covers
most of your way already. So from £14.50 you pay for the Travelcard
(most of the amount) + rail ticket from boundary of Z6...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 07, 10:55 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By TKD
Annual Oyster and Photocard

"Mizter T" wrote in message

Forum: London Transport January 15th 07, 06:37 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By TKD
Annual Oyster and Photocard

"Mizter T" wrote in message
asdf wrote:

I, and other...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 07, 05:25 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By TKD
Annual Oyster and Photocard

A quick question regarding the need for photocards with Oysters.

I have an Annual Oystercard and accompanying Gold Record Card. I also
have a very old photocard which used to be...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 07, 01:09 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By TKD
Annual Oyster and Photocard

A quick question regarding the need for photocards with Oysters.

I have an Annual Oystercard and accompanying Gold Record Card. I also
have a very old photocard which used to be used when I...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 12:31 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By TKD
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

Two young boys have been hit and killed by a London Underground (LU)
train in Barking in...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 07, 04:15 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By TKD
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

"Ten million Oyster cards have now been taken out by the public.

Given that the Greater London Urban Area has a population of ~8.5 million, I
wonder how many individual customers that is made up...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 07, 10:27 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By TKD
TfL website no longer shows single fares tables

And the fare zone map still shows the Hainault Loop as in Zone 5!

The link at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/maps/ directs to an old version
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/lon_con.pdf of the...
Forum: London Transport January 4th 07, 02:46 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By TKD
c2c withdraw Dec 06 timetable

c2c are withdrawing their new weekday timetable on Monday and returning to
the previous one, after successful passenger campaign.

The new timetable was supposed to deal with increased demand in the...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 06, 12:08 PM
Replies: 89
Posted By TKD
Brick Lane

And what about the rest of the area Aldgate East serves? I can't see
"Brick
Lane" taking off as a name for that part of London, although is "Aldgate"
or
"Aldgate East" widely used in any...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 06, 02:29 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By TKD
Zone 1/2 Travelcard?

On my occasional trips to London, I would purchase a one week Zone 1/2
Travelcard, slip it in with my LT Photocard and be covered for most of my
transportation needs.

With the advent of...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 06, 12:39 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By TKD
Zone changes

BTW... Can anyone see any more changes to the zones on that map? And
have anyone found a new version of the "London Connections" map with the
zones of all railway stations within Greater...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 06, 05:13 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By TKD
Freedom Passes at Fenchurch Street from 9am

Probably because Fenchurch Street has around 17 million passengers a year
and Marylebone has around 7.

I don't see how that could make the slightest difference. c2c serves a
completely...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 06, 07:22 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By TKD
Freedom Passes at Fenchurch Street from 9am

The barriers to the platforms at Fenchurch Street would not open
for a Freedom Pass at 9:25am today. The guy on the gateline said
they are not valid there until 9:30am. As far as I...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 06, 04:44 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By TKD
Freedom Passes at Fenchurch Street from 9am

The barriers to the platforms at Fenchurch Street would not open for a
Freedom Pass at 9:25am today. The guy on the gateline said they are not
valid there until 9:30am. As far as I can tell...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 06, 07:09 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By TKD
Freedom Passes at Fenchurch Street from 9am

The barriers to the platforms at Fenchurch Street would not open for a
Freedom Pass at 9:25am today. The guy on the gateline said they are not
valid there until 9:30am. As far as I can tell from...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 06, 09:43 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By TKD
Student Oyster discount scheme

Yes. Because of the delays in getting a card., you are also prevented
from buying an annual ticket (and therefore further savings). The card is
encoded to only sell tickets with a discount...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 06, 08:35 AM
Replies: 39
Posted By TKD
Student Oyster discount scheme

Am I alone in thinking the current student discount scheme on TfL is a
mess, both in the application and the discount available?

[snip]

Has anyone else noted similar problems?

Yes. Because...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 230