Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stuart
Forum: London Transport March 18th 05, 08:52 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Stuart
CTRL 2 Bridge

Ian Snowdon wrote:
Some weeks ago someone asked about the purpose of the concrete structure
near the CTRL bridge across the ECML leading into St Pancras. As I was
visiting the station I asked...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 05, 11:33 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Stuart
London has a new Underground line

Dave Arquati wrote:

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/topstories/display.var.578209.0.more_tube_delays_on_the_way.php

(begin quote)
"More Tube delays on the way
Waterloo, City...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 05, 11:32 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Stuart
Jubilee Line spotting by satellite

Rupert Goodwins wrote:

But what's going on between Wandsworth and Battersea or, for that
matter, 2km due north of Westminster?

Thames Water Ringmain?
Forum: London Transport March 1st 05, 10:00 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stuart
LU is getting worse!

EorJames wrote:
I travel up to London every sunday and i find delays on the central
line,jubilee line full of enginering works and the district the same.
Traveling from Upminster brige to baker...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 05, 05:54 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By Stuart
[OT] 4x4 cars on London streets

Huge wrote:
(Aidan Stanger) writes:

Huge wrote:

Possibly off-topic but i see Christian Wolmar has...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 05, 09:48 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Stuart
KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

WHO'S YER DADDY?!! wrote:
I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power, not to
mention white wine when this happened:

Forum: London Transport February 3rd 05, 07:48 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Stuart
London Underground Flash Movie (**WARNING**)

wrote:

Although there's not been a strike for a while

The weather's not been that great..... wait till the summer
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 05, 06:56 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Stuart
London Underground Flash Movie (**WARNING**)

TheOneKEA wrote:
We've all heard that wonderful song. Now we can watch the Flash movie.
http://www.backingblair.co.uk/london_underground/

disclaimer/

Excellent.

Nice use of Goatse on...
Forum: London Transport January 4th 05, 07:08 PM
Replies: 211
Posted By Stuart
'0207 008 0000'

A H wrote:

Oftel/Ofcom are to blame and they should sort it out before 020-3xxx xxx
brings on apoplexy within the media who will insist *London phone numbers
are changing again.....0203 is the...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 05, 11:44 PM
Replies: 211
Posted By Stuart
'0207 008 0000'

Sunil Sood wrote:

"John Rowland" wrote in
message

What might the rest of the exchange be used for? I...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 04, 06:55 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Stuart
Putting roof-level railways underground?

Michael Bell wrote:
It is a fairly obvious feature of railways south of the river that
many run at roof level.
I once got into correspondence with somebody who said "It is the
long-term...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 04, 10:33 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Stuart
Cirque and Sushi

Les and Claire wrote:

Where's the best Sushi too?

Ahhhhhm if you knew sushi like I knew sushi.....
Forum: London Transport December 12th 04, 10:33 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Stuart
Christmas Won`t Be The Same Again!!!

Robert McCall wrote:

It`s hard to believe but this will be the last Christmas where we can go
shopping up west and be able to get a routemaster home :-(

Yes, next year I'll have room on my bus...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 04, 05:55 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Stuart
Northern line radios

David Walters wrote:
What is it about the Northern line train radios not working that
stops the usual service pattern (particularly trains from both
Edgware and High Barnet taking both central...
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 04, 11:35 PM
Replies: 41
Posted By Stuart
Reasons for delays

Chris wrote:

On the tube, why are there only a finite number of reasons for delays with
very little explanation (and often different reasons at different stations)?
Does anyone have a...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 04, 06:30 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Stuart
Tube maniac at large

elyob wrote:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/14911073

Hunt for Tube maniac
By Clair Weaver, Evening Standard
A major police hunt is under way today for...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 04, 07:40 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Stuart
A big Thank You to Ken Livingstone

Steve wrote:
What I would like to ask any of you erstwhile readers is, what would hapeen
if an inspector got on and my card showed that I hadn't made a transaction
to pay for that journey?...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 04, 11:29 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Stuart
Identifying a bus driver

Andrew Black (delete obvious bit) wrote:

In the "old days" bus drivers used to wear a badge with a number on them.
Nowadays they rarely do (In my experience).
If one wishes to complain about...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 04, 11:10 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Stuart
Missed the bus heading towards Hook?

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Troy
Steadman writes

Having put the Aces of Spades on the map for a brief moment,...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 04, 10:52 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Stuart
Trivia: Hook Underpass (Ace of Spades)

Troy Steadman wrote:

Farmer Brooms fields behind Kelvin Grove (just across the A3)? There is
a picture in HRA of a 5/- a flight bi-plane in the 1930's. Don't suppose
the pub owned the...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 04, 06:04 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Stuart
Trivia: Hook Underpass (Ace of Spades)

CIG_BIG_CIG wrote:

What I meant by this question was if I was at the roundabout I can
only go towards London on the A3 there is no direct access to the
southbound A3 you have to go to Esher...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 04, 11:16 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Stuart
Trivia: Hook Underpass (Ace of Spades)

CIG_BIG_CIG wrote:

Has the Hook underpass always had the layout it has now where lane 1
diverges off from the rest of the road? Also, has it always had the
slip roads to/from the A3 on the...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 04, 01:25 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Stuart
Trivia: Hook Underpass (Ace of Spades)

Troy Steadman wrote:

It isn't a tunnel, it's a roundabout on top of the A3 in a cutting,
nowadays a very ordinary intersection but in it's time quite something.
As was the "Ace of Spades"...
Forum: London Transport October 25th 04, 08:46 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Stuart
A406 upgrades

Dave Arquati wrote:

Building a flyover harks back to the 60s when it was considered
acceptable to plonk concrete megaliths in the middle of residential
areas because car traffic was much...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 04, 05:09 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Stuart
Disappeared track

Stuart wrote:

Recently though they've totally remodelled the road layout in the area,
including the juction of Hook and Chessington Roads and the 'bridge' has
gone

Alhough looking at the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31

Forum Jump