Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joel Rowbottom
Forum: London Transport February 16th 06, 07:04 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Oops!

Steve M wrote:

Isn't there a £30 fine or a "training course" if caught doing this now?

ISTR that one of the cycling institutes includes third-party cyclist
insurance in their...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 06, 12:23 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
London Tube Anagram Map

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Is Dollish Ill the only one where the letters are not scrambled?

Presumably it's the Sean Connery pronunciation :P

--
Joel Rowbottom, Chief Bespectacled Village...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 06, 09:24 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Choc off

James Farrar wrote:

The occasional Coke machines are still working, though.

Never had any success from those either :(

Coke machine: http://nokia.fotopic.net/p8279388.html

Cadbury machine:...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 06, 09:19 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Choc off

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Theye are also good about sending refunds if you report having lost
money. 0800 223879 is the number to ring.

They've always been pretty good with me - I think my...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 05, 08:43 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
FA: London Underground Videos

Hey chaps --

Not owning a video recorder any more, it seems silly to keep the couple
of VHS transport videos I've got.

So, er, this is a blatant advert to say "I've put them on eBay" ;)

London's...
Forum: London Transport August 27th 05, 06:00 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Piccadilly Line - Emma Clarke Announcements

Boltar wrote:

I meant the Victoria Line... your absolutely right, the picadilly line

So who's Emma Clark anyway?

http://www.emmaclarke.com/

Forum: London Transport August 26th 05, 07:01 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Tube Challenge

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

Rats! Why didn't someone post about this earlier?
I'm on holiday this week and could have joined in, on behalf of past
challengers. :-(

I was quite surprised (like I...
Forum: London Transport August 25th 05, 06:26 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Tube Challenge

Heya --

Surprised to see nobody's mentioned today's Tube Challenge.

BBC have it covered at:

One of Fotopic's own admin staff are in a team,...
Forum: London Transport July 17th 05, 07:59 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Victoria Line Murals

Hi guys --

Just dragged out my copy of "What's In A Name" (Harris, 2001 ed).

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

- King's Cross St. Pancras - a crown with a cross underneath. Fairly
obvious.

A cross...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 05, 01:25 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
timescale wrong

Paul Terry wrote:

Since they were relatively small, I think it is possible they were
placed under a seat.

It doesn't look like it, though.

r.
Forum: London Transport July 10th 05, 07:33 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Which way were the trains going?

Nick Cooper wrote:

I doubt they'd be able to make the distinction, considering way "Tube"
has been used to describe the sub-surface trains/lines the last few
days! That aside, the terms used...
Forum: London Transport July 10th 05, 07:21 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Mobile Phones on the London Underground

Paul Weaver wrote:

About the only form of public transport where you are safe from "HELLO!
I'M ON A TRAIN! I'M VERY IMPORTANT SO I'LL TALK ABOUT MY BORING LIFE AT
FULL VOLUME FOR EVERYONE TO...
Forum: London Transport March 28th 05, 01:04 PM
Replies: 101
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywherefor you for pictures on the LU

Keith J Chesworth wrote:

The copyright of all material is mine and remains so. As I have a
strong dislike of the draconican laws in this field I have a waiver on
most of the sites allowing a...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 05, 08:31 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Saturday parking hours

Paul Weaver wrote:

Save it for who? Theres no reason to go into most town centres now.

Sadly, this is the case. However, I'm always a believer in supporting
your local traders - both market and...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 05, 07:37 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Abandoned Underground Station books on Ebay

wrote:

3 interesting illustrated books on the various abandoned underground
stations and railway lines that can be found in London on sale he-
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 05, 06:52 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
On line model shop

Richard J. wrote:

The map says "Published by Douglas Rose, 35 Summers Lane, North
Finchley, London, N12 0PE." You could try writing to him.

Blimey, didn't think of that (seriously!).

Thanks...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 05, 06:12 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
On line model shop

Richard J. wrote:

Which particular historical tube map do you mean? Are you referring to
Douglas Rose's "The London Underground: A Diagrammatic History"? I've
never seen an unfolded...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 05, 05:57 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
On line model shop

Ian Jelf wrote:

Am I alone in finding LT Museum Shop staff incredibly offhand and
unfriendly most of the time?

They've always been fine with me, but then I don't go to the shop that
often and...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 04, 07:34 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Joel Rowbottom
Chelney Line

Hey chaps --

With all this talk of Crossrail, something occurred - I haven't heard
anything recently about the proposed Chelsea-Hackney line.

Is this still live, or is it consigned to the dustbin...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Forum Jump