Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Geoff Marshall
Forum: London Transport November 8th 04, 11:45 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Error codes for Oyster cards

yeah, i deffo saw someone with a '121' or somethiing the other day.

i've just come from Earl's court warwick avenue this morning! i'll have a
look on the way home tonight ..

"k" ...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 04, 12:17 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Error codes for Oyster cards

Hi all,

has anyone got a list of the gate codes that are 1xx - onwards. i.e what i
think are Oyster specific errors. I've got a list of the old gate codes but
they don't go up ino the 100's range...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 04, 04:42 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Geoff Marshall
North Harrow closure

Anywone know why North Harrow is closing at 9pm at the moment on Sundays -
Thursday only ?
Forum: London Transport July 7th 04, 09:53 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Geoff Marshall
tube map in evening standard

Oops!

just seen the thread below on this .. sorry ...

Anyone know where to get a copy of...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 04, 09:52 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Geoff Marshall
tube map in evening standard

Anyone know where to get a copy of the proposed 2016 map published in last
nights Standard?

Geoff.
Forum: London Transport June 30th 04, 08:07 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Tube Strike Info on LUL Website

I did my usual journey last night home too!

Got to OXford Circus to go down to Waterloo at 8pm, and the Bakerloo was
running fine! A sign at OC said that "trains would be stopping at 8pm",
but I...
Forum: London Transport May 18th 04, 09:01 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Bakerloo Line

They're not directly on top of each other.. but almost.. they're at angle
with one above the other.

If you stand towards the front of the southbound platform you can look down
through grills/vents...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 04, 01:25 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Pre-Pay Oyster question

If I buy a prepary Oyster card and load £20 onto it and then...

Use it for loads of journeys all over the tube, in one day, including before
09.30 AND going into Zones A-D, does it get up to £12.60...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 04, 09:54 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Refurbished Victoria line trains

Yeah, the floor was the same colour. Sadly enough I was looking at the
floor trying to see if it was different. I'll take a photo if i ever see
it again.

Ok, so are there any other special "one...
Forum: London Transport January 22nd 04, 02:10 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Refurbished Victoria line trains

Whoops!

bit behind the times then. travel on the Vic a fair bit though, and that's
the first time i've ever seen it! ah well ... sorry ...!

"Fossil" wrote in...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 04, 04:30 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Refurbished Victoria line trains

Got on a northbound at Vauxhall this morning, and for the first time noticed
that the 7 seats facnig each other in the middle part of the carriage, have
been altered to match the Jubilee style stock...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 04, 04:43 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Aldwych Station

Have a look at:

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

And follow the 'Aldwych' link and 'Aldwych Tour' link on the left.

More information about Aldwych than you can shake a stick at. ...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 04, 05:13 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Juniper vs Desiro

Thanks guys, nice one.

"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message
Hi all,

dumb question (and I think there was a post about this...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 04, 04:42 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Juniper vs Desiro

Hi all,

dumb question (and I think there was a post about this last week but I can't
find it anymore..)

the below article, which class number of trains aer the Juniper's and
which are the...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 04, 09:16 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map

Have a look at Hywel Williams webpages at:
http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

there's a link down the left hand side for Walford East (as it's actually
known)

I can knock up up a tube map of...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 04, 09:14 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Geoff Marshall
trains into Waterloo - back to nomal?

Yes, my 09.05 Epsom to Waterloo was running the obligatory 7 minutes late
yesterday and today which means things are perfectly back to normal.

"Tim" wrote in...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 04, 02:31 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Tour of London Underground

Oh.. I have... just once or twice. (Okay, six times actually!)

A chap called Jack Welsby hold the Guinness World Record for doing this in
19 hours, 18 minutes and 45 seconds.

I once did it in 19...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 04:06 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Heathrow T4 to close

Just been sent this:

Thank you for your recent enquiry on the Piccadilly Line service to Heathrow
Airport, which has been passed to me.

In answer to your enquiry, Terminal 4 station is expected to...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 02:44 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Heathrow T4 to close

All there seems to be is that PDF on the tfl site as mentioned a coupld of
posts back .. indeed.. lack of information on this one! most annoying...

Is there a map somewhere showing the new track...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 03, 10:29 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Heathrow T4 to close

I know that the whole POINT of their being such a long distance with the
'loop' between 4 and 1,2,3 at the moment is that it was done deliberately
with T5 expansion in mind, so that they wouldn't...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 03, 03:54 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Heathrow T4 to close

Well I just had a 'lightbulb' moment, and though I'd ring LU to find out.
Rang up their specific customer number Piccadilly Line .. asked when T4 was
going to close.

The chap politely told me that...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 03, 03:35 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Heathrow T4 to close

I did indeed mean the T5 tube extension and not T5 itself!

Just been all through the TFL/tube website and I can't find any reference
about it, so if it IS there, then it is hidden well -...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 03, 09:58 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Heathrow T4 to close

Hi all,

I heard a rumour (yeah, I know..) that Heathrow T4 tube will close before
the end of the year, as work then begins on T5. Is this true? Anyone know
anymore on this or have i been...
Forum: London Transport October 28th 03, 12:57 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Geoff Marshall
tourist question re walking in London

Buy an A-Z of London!

"clio22" wrote in message
Hi,

I'll be visiting London for the first time and, as such,...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 03, 04:36 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Geoff Marshall
Visiting All Tube Stations

Jon,

everyone here has assumed that you'll be doing it all by tube. Far
quicker for some of the outlying stations (e.g. Metropolitan and Central far
reaches) to just drive to them in turn in a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29

Forum Jump