Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Forum: London Transport April 7th 08, 09:05 PM
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
Crossing London tube tracks

On Apr 7, 9:43 pm, Andy Burns wrote:
On 07/04/2008 10:32, MIG wrote:

I'm sure I remember Peter Purves going into the Underground with a
maintenance team...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 08, 01:22 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By [email protected]
Councils block in illegit driveways

So how come the house across the road from me was refused planning
permission for a second vehicular access to the road? How come there's...
Forum: London Transport December 26th 07, 11:55 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
The tube wasn't completely closed on Christmas Day... :(

On 27 Dec, 00:18, Adrian wrote:

...sadly vandals and the otherwise bored and useless of London...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 07, 05:02 PM
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Commuting from Stafford = London

On 29 Nov, 16:28, "Toby" wrote:

I've done this route many times, albeit from London to Crewe. Going down,
there are 3 Pendolinos that arrive into Euston before 9 - the
Forum: London Transport October 26th 07, 09:27 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Drayton park old tunnels

On 26 Oct, 21:49, Boltar wrote:
Where were the entrances to the old tunnels at Drayton park that used
to go to Finsbury? Are they completely buried or is there anything
Forum: London Transport September 24th 07, 11:09 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Catenary in drayton park - moorgate tunnels?

On Sep 23, 6:54 pm, wrote:

That's odd; Rails Through The Clay suggested it was installed as an
afterthought when someone forgot to lower the pantograph and ended up
Forum: London Transport September 13th 07, 05:20 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Catenary in drayton park - moorgate tunnels?

On 12 Sep, 00:05, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

An overrun all the way from Drayton Park to Highbury and Islington?
Surely not?

It runs as far as the south end of H&I SB...
Forum: London Transport September 11th 07, 09:40 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Catenary in drayton park - moorgate tunnels?

On 11 Sep, 09:54, Boltar wrote:
For the first time today I waited on the southbound line to moorgate
at highbury. I noticed above the track there was what looked like
Forum: London Transport July 14th 07, 01:49 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By [email protected]
North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Jul 14, 12:57 am, D7666 wrote:

Any time I have been down that way the non-rush hour loadings of...
Forum: London Transport July 12th 07, 09:40 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By [email protected]
Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incident planning and the BTP

On Jul 12, 10:02 pm, " wrote:

The nationalrail.co.uk live arr/dep boards information is doing
sterling service in keeping abreast of the situation:

"SITE...
Forum: London Transport July 12th 07, 09:14 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By [email protected]
Oh dear - commuter services out of Euston today, poor incident planning and the BTP

On Jul 12, 9:47 pm, (Neil Williams)
Unfortunately someone saw fit to throw themselves under a train at
Harrow and Wealdstone at the height of the evening...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 07, 01:38 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By [email protected]
North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

I agree. A quick measurement on Google Earth of the westbound/down
platform, which is on the inside of the curve and...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 07, 03:24 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By [email protected]
Northern line near collision

On 17 Jun, 15:36, Boltar wrote:

If he'd been going a bit faster and had a collision and killed
himself, the...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 07, 03:25 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By [email protected]
Northern line near collision

But if the driver thought he was turning that train and taking it south
again, he might have been heading for the crossover. That...
Forum: London Transport June 6th 07, 06:25 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford - new DLR platforms

On 6 Jun, 18:25, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Forum: London Transport May 6th 07, 04:37 PM
Replies: 201
Posted By [email protected]
Critique my tube map

London Transport used to issue a "proper" railway map (Underground
lines in usual colours, all BR lines black, main roads...
Forum: London Transport April 26th 07, 03:42 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Signage for Bakerloo southern extension

On 26 Apr, 13:05, wrote:
Surely there are no signs left at Waterloo which dates before the
dreadful c.1990 re-signing project which wiped out 90% of the
Underground's...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 07, 12:50 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
London Bridge signals question

On 1 Apr, 13:11, "Jonathan Morton"

That's interesting. I'd always assumed that the name came from the fact that
the usual shape of the display (rectangular, and shaded) looked vaguely like
a...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 07, 02:44 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
London Bridge signals question

On 31 Mar, 23:27, "Clive D. W. Feather" c...@on-the-

They are telling the driver which route he's going to take (so he knows
which speed restrictions apply and which...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 06, 11:28 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Holloway Road Tube Work

Tom Anderson wrote:

They were at the same level at the Holloway Road end, and slightly above
main-line level as the tracks began...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 06, 10:27 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Holloway Road Tube Work

John Rowland wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

The economics of closing 4 existing surface stations and building
underground ones have never...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 06, 06:58 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Holloway Road Tube Work

Tom Anderson wrote:

So, hang on, what altitude was the yard at? The railway's on a viaduct;
either the sidings were at ground level and there was a big ramp, or they
were at the level of the...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 06, 01:45 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Holloway Road Tube Work

Tom Anderson wrote:

The width! Ten roads would be about fifty metres across, wouldn't it?
That's a decent amount of space - a row or two of houses, i'd say.

Well, as it happens, there's three...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 06, 07:42 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
What station is this?

wrote:

As for the rolling stock, it looks like 1938 stock which would have
been authentic for the Northern in 1944, although I am not...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 06, 07:36 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Holloway Road Tube Work

Tom Anderson wrote:

How extraordinary. Surely it can't have been a very big sidings? Amazing
to think there was a little rooftop depot right next to where i used to
live!

Like many urban...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46

Forum Jump