Showing results 1 to 25 of 135
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sweek
Forum: London Transport May 6th 09, 09:01 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By sweek
Park and train in/near West London

I'm also curious now as to whether Hillingdon area folks ever try and
use the Oxford Tube/Espress as a nifty 'express' night bus to get from
central London back to Hillingdon.

Perhaps...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 09, 03:29 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By sweek
Piccadilly Turnham Green

On 20 Apr, 10:31, "Richard J." wrote:
sweek wrote on 20 April 2009 11:23:23 ...

Wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of Barons...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 09, 09:23 AM
Replies: 33
Posted By sweek
Piccadilly Turnham Green

Wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of Barons Court on the Picc and
replace it with Turnham Green?
Forum: London Transport April 14th 09, 06:25 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By sweek
More trains on the Northern line, but where?

I think they did say that 24 trains per hour is possible without the
split, 30 trains per hour wouldn't be, right?

I do hope to see the split coming. The Northern Line has clearly been
more...
Forum: London Transport March 25th 09, 11:04 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By sweek
Heathrow to Central London

Euston may not be on the Piccadilly line but King's Cross - St.
Pancras station is very close to it. I would suggest you get on a
Piccadilly line train from Heathrow (completely step-free) and...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 09, 12:29 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By sweek
SWT checking tickets

Wouldn't it be easy enough to let the gates know which train has come
in and then check the validity? i.e. if it's a fast from Surbiton, no
way could a Vauxhall be valid.

That wouldn't work...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 09, 12:26 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By sweek
SWT checking tickets

On 17 Mar, 10:14, elyob wrote:
Is it me or are the guards now checking the tickets on the trains even
more since they installed the gates at Waterloo?

I don't know if it...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 09, 05:12 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By sweek
Oyster Complaint

I've been trying to get an answer to a simple query about my PAYG Oyster
card since 30 January (sent to as this...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 09, 07:47 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By sweek
East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

If Clapham Junction to Canary Wharf really is going to be faster than
the via Waterloo route, I think it'll do the line more bad than good
because it will be absolutely packed from opening.
Forum: London Transport February 12th 09, 07:52 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By sweek
St. Pancras to E. Croydon by Thameslink

But let's hope that the OP's relations have seat reservations and are
not travelling on the 1730, 1800 or 1830 departures from Kings...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 08, 12:29 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By sweek
district line closing time

That was why I advised taking the first train to Edgware Road and changing
there if it is a Hammersmith and City. The Piccadilly is much...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 08, 09:14 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By sweek
district line closing time

I'm going to completely disagree with the routes above and suggest
going for the Piccadilly from Earl's Court, as it's much more frequent
and faster than the Circle and District lines. The change...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 08, 07:38 AM
Replies: 85
Posted By sweek
Waterloo gateline

It is switched on and it still seems to be causing quite a few
problems. I may be wrong here but are the gates working in both
directions at the same time? That's what it looked like the last...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 08, 05:54 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By sweek
Reading display

In the Netherlands there are two simple types of trains, stopping and
intercity ones. The Dutch train indicator displays are quite big and
display all the stops on one big screen. You'll often see a...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 08, 10:01 PM
Replies: 130
Posted By sweek
Constant anouncements on London Buses

I just really don't see the point in the "29 ... to ... Leicester
Square" announcement every stop. This seems like something they should
play on the outside of the bus. The people already on the bus...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 08, 09:16 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By sweek
Another Oyster scam

On 28 Jun, 20:43, "tim....." wrote:

On Sat, 28...
Forum: London Transport May 3rd 08, 11:17 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By sweek
Question about Oyster travelcard + extensions.

Thanks for the replies. That is a bit annoying, but luckily I'm not in
this actual situation right now. I might be in the future though, so
it's very good to know about this limitation.

Officially...
Forum: London Transport May 3rd 08, 07:26 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By sweek
Oyster travelcard extension question

Just a quick question: If I normally use my zone 2-3 starting at a
station that does not have PAYG (say Harringay) to travel to a zone 1
station (say Moorgate) while I have a zone 2-3 travelcard on...
Forum: London Transport May 3rd 08, 06:57 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By sweek
Question about Oyster travelcard + extensions.

I'm sure one of you will know the answer to this question.

If I have a zone 3-2 travelcard, and leave my non-PAYG station in pay
3, don't touch in (because I can't), and touch out in zone 1,...
Forum: London Transport April 27th 08, 07:42 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By sweek
Best route Stansted Express - Turnham Green

Trying to get to Stansted Airport by 7.30 is just about do-able by
train. Take a Piccadilly from Turnham Green around 5.30ish in the
morning, and you should get to Tottenham Hale about 45 minutes...
Forum: London Transport April 11th 08, 05:12 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By sweek
Sutton Loop post Thameslink

I'm sorry if this is a bit of a stupid questions, but by Wimbledon
loop do people mean the one with Sutton on it, right? What's the one
from Clapham Junction to Richmond, Kingston and Wimbledon...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 08, 03:51 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By sweek
Forest Hill and Sydenham post Thameslink

Overground tube system?

* Overall this is good news for people in Forest Hill and Sydenham who

finally get to join the tube system.

The overground as 'part of the tube system' seems...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 08, 11:15 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By sweek
iBus. The most annoying thing about bus travel...

The driver also has a module in the cab with a display that also shows
in real time whether the bus is early or late. *I noticed this for the
first time on a 192 and was genuinely surprised at...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 08, 10:30 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By sweek
iBus. The most annoying thing about bus travel...

It is incredibly annoying. I'd love for it to be just visual
announcements. If someone doesn't know the area and can't, then they
can just ask for assistance.

It used to just be on the 41 I took...
Forum: London Transport January 25th 08, 07:29 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By sweek
Oyster PAYG and differential bus fares

The Netherlands is working on a touch in and touch out zonal fare
system, and it's not working well at all.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 135

Forum Jump