Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David F
Forum: London Transport July 28th 09, 04:36 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By David F
Stations named after commercial entities

On 23 July, 14:35, "
wrote:

I see that the DLR has "Custom House for ExCel", the latter being
somewhere that might not...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 09, 02:54 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By David F
Escalators to the DLR at Bank.

On 28 July, 13:58, MIG wrote:
On 28 July, 12:39, Mr Thant

On 28 July, 12:11, David F ...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 09, 02:52 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By David F
Escalators to the DLR at Bank.

On 28 July, 12:39, Mr Thant
wrote:

Why can't we do this any more? I understood it made sense at...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 09, 11:11 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By David F
Escalators to the DLR at Bank.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm a bit confused as to the situation
with the DLR escalators at Bank.

If I enter Bank station, I am now once again able to take the
esclalator down (near exit 6, I...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 09, 04:08 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By David F
Travelling to Gatwick from London, tomorrow (11/6/09)

On Jun 10, 1:16*pm, TimB wrote:
On Jun 10, 10:09 am, David F wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a flight at Gatwick at midday tomorrow, which I...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 09, 09:09 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By David F
Travelling to Gatwick from London, tomorrow (11/6/09)

Hi folks,

I have a flight at Gatwick at midday tomorrow, which I am planning to
drive to from Islington, N1. My worry is that the tube strike will
make the roads hell. I think I've got 3 options -...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 08, 10:26 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By David F
What's up with the 243 bus?

Recently I've noticed the 243 bus whizzing along Southgate Road every
now and then... normally the 21, 141 and 76 are the only buses to be
found (unles you count the 812, which I am told passes by -...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 08, 09:56 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By David F
air conditioned buses

On 26 Jul, 13:23, Stuart wrote:
Was it actually aircon, or just the giant fans in the back that just
suck air out (and so in through the...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 08, 09:52 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By David F
Can I punch a hole in my Oyster Card?

On 25 Jul, 18:25, Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

I have a retractable keychain I wear on my belt. *I find it useful to have
my Oyster Card on this as I don't...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 08, 08:52 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By David F
Tube update service

On Jul 17, 10:06*pm, thecommuter thecommuter.
wrote:
Hello,

There is now a free user-friendly mobile service which you can access
by typing *realtimetube.com* on...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 08, 09:22 AM
Replies: 48
Posted By David F
M25 Speed cameras

On 12 Feb, 14:10, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
,
at...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 08, 11:34 AM
Replies: 48
Posted By David F
M25 Speed cameras

On 12 Feb, 12:26, Mizter T wrote:

In message , at 11:52:45 on
Tue,...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 07, 09:29 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By David F
Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

On 5 Sep, 11:00, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Boltar...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 07, 10:46 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By David F
Oyster and bus goes out of service

On Jul 9, 8:16 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
If the bus was already running
short when you got on then I'm afraid it's tough luck as short turns do
happen and people should...
Forum: London Transport May 25th 07, 09:34 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By David F
Oystercard at Sloane Square Question

On 25 May, 06:37, David of Broadway
Of course if you get a lift to Uxbridge

Or if you went home by bus, or if you went for a...
Forum: London Transport May 24th 07, 08:39 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By David F
ELL extension - Hoxton/Haggerstown.

On 23 May, 11:41, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2007 00:12:54 +0100, Barry Salter

I would expect consultation to start in mid - late 2008 or so for any
bus...
Forum: London Transport May 22nd 07, 03:16 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By David F
ELL extension - Hoxton/Haggerstown.

Gents,

I live relatively close to the new planned Hoxton & Haggerstown
stations on the ELL (or is it ELR, now?).

I was wondering if there would be any new bus routes planned to
augment the...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 07, 02:30 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By David F
Banksy at Old Street Tube (Tarantino Bananas)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6575345.stm

Whatever you think about whether removing this was a good thing or a
bad thing, it looks a lot worse now it's gone. Strange that it's on
BBC News today...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 07, 09:46 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David F
Your Oyster card has been stopped...

On Apr 3, 6:59 pm, stevo wrote:
David F wrote:
On the Oyster Card web site, I get this message:

"Your Oyster card has been stopped and you will not be able to use...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 07, 02:49 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David F
Your Oyster card has been stopped...

On the Oyster Card web site, I get this message:

"Your Oyster card has been stopped and you will not be able to use it
for any transaction on this site. Please call the Oyster Helpline on
0845 330...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 07, 02:22 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By David F
Bus destination blinds - how are they decided?

On 2 Apr, 14:41, wrote:
For as long as I've been taking it (i.e. at least 7 years), the 47 has
shown a destination of "Catford Bus Garage". Today I noticed that the
new...
Forum: London Transport January 31st 07, 03:36 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By David F
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

On 31 Jan, 11:18, "Graculus"

You'll have a job to fill your bags with only £145 worth of goods each, as
that is the duty free limit. I assume you'll...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 06:47 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By David F
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

On Jan 29, 3:00 pm, "AstraVanMan"
Think I'd prefer to either go for the driving option, or find a...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 01:27 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By David F
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

Think I'd prefer to either go for the driving option, or find a cheapo
hotel near the airport and travel the night before.Jeez, why?...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 12:21 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By David F
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

On Jan 29, 1:13 pm, "Graculus"