Showing results 1 to 25 of 235
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roy Badami
Forum: London Transport October 17th 12, 07:20 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Roy Badami
Cross-platform interchanges

So, I was just wondering what other cross-platform interchanges there
are on the underground.

I'm thinking of things like Victoria line and Northern line (Bank
branch) at Euston, Victoria line and...
Forum: London Transport January 22nd 12, 07:49 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Roy Badami
Kings Cross exhibition

Has this finished already? I specifically looked for it this afternoon and could see no sign of any exhibition either near or in the travel centre? Where was/is it?

roy
Forum: London Transport April 12th 11, 08:24 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Roy Badami
Ticket gates at Finsbury Park

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 11, 07:32 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Roy Badami
New countdown sign locations

In article ,
I tried doing Google searches based on the info provided by Mr Dolbear
further down the thread....
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 08:34 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Roy Badami
Getting to your destination when last train cancelled (was: Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again)

In article ,
TOCs have to get you to your destination if you arrive in
good time for a...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 11, 07:16 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Roy Badami
Artic trains

In article ,
Which is what the man on the Clapham omnibus (or the man usually found
driving the...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 11, 11:40 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Roy Badami
Fire at Highbury and Islington

In article ,
As service has resumed on the Victoria Line and the station has reopened
I would assume the...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 11, 08:21 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Roy Badami
Fire at Highbury and Islington

Well that was a bit scary. Arrived at the station on a southbound Victoria Line train, and shortly afterwards the Inspector Sands announcement started, and then almost immediately changed to an...
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 11, 09:03 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Roy Badami
YP railcard and evening peak travel

It's confusing, but there are two entirely different notions of
peak/off-peak used on the London network.

Each individual journey on Oyster PAYG is charged as peak
6.30am-9.30am and 4pm-7pm and...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 11, 10:00 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Roy Badami
OEPs to be abandoned

In article ,
I would expect it to be designed such that the green light is not
given until the card has...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 11, 09:54 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Roy Badami
Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

In article ,
Richard wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:49:12 -0600, (Roy Badami)

Interesting -...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 04:57 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Roy Badami
OEPs to be abandoned

In article ,
either (I'm...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 10:01 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By Roy Badami
OEPs to be abandoned

In article ,
Tristan Miller wrote:

So what are...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 11, 09:49 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Roy Badami
Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

In article ,

Last year I had a bus driver in Germany get very rude in two languages
because...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 11, 09:45 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Roy Badami
OEPs to be abandoned

I misread the subject as "OAPs to be abandoned" and assumed this was
going to be a post about some reduction in validity of the Freedom
Pass and/or the national concessionary bus pass.

Then I...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 11, 11:00 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Roy Badami
Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

In article ,

I think it is actually perfectly reasonable to have just one type of bus
stop and to request passengers...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 11, 10:35 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Roy Badami
Tube maintenance brought in-house?

Thanks, Paul, for filling in all the details in the report (which to
be fair may in part be things I missed due to inattention rather than
errors on the part of the BBC).

-roy
Forum: London Transport March 8th 11, 09:32 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Roy Badami
Tube maintenance brought in-house?

BBC London News on BBC1 is reporting this tonight - but I'm confused.
After Metronet failed and TfL bought out the Tube Lines contract I
thought it all already *was* in house. Can someone explain to...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 11, 08:49 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Roy Badami
Why no assigned platforms?

In article ,
I'm not sure I can think of any mode of transport that combines *all*
of those (clearly desirable) elements. ...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 11, 12:22 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Roy Badami
Why no assigned platforms?

In article , Huge wrote:
Like all the other
people who choose to travel by some means which is cheap, reliable,
comfortable, door to door and...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 11, 12:12 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Roy Badami
DLR Stratford extension - date anyone?

We are well past the anticipated opening dates which were variously Jan
2011, Feb 2011 and possibly March 2011. Therefore dates like "late
Spring" or "early Summer" are now mentioned but you can...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 11, 12:08 AM
Replies: 165
Posted By Roy Badami
Oyster ticketing developments

In article ,

Well, I imagine that when they implement weekly capping they...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 11, 08:43 PM
Replies: 165
Posted By Roy Badami
Oyster ticketing developments

In article ,
It's for paying for individual entrances and exits from the tube (some
of the exits will be credits, of...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 11, 10:05 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Roy Badami
FPK refusing to sell BZ2 tickets

In article ,

Forum: London Transport February 27th 11, 09:18 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By Roy Badami
FPK refusing to sell BZ2 tickets

In article ,
Peter Smyth wrote:
So I think your second interpretation is correct and the Routeing Guide
does not have any power to ban...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 235

Forum Jump