Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David
Forum: London Transport August 31st 11, 12:17 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By David
Is there an easy way of knowing which stations charge same as tubes?

On Aug 31, 11:16*am, Tristán White
If you're on the move, no smartphone or ipad to hand, and normally no
staff anywhere, how does one know whether one will...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 11, 01:01 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By David
Chiswick this weekend

It turns out that for Saturday and Sunday, the District Line is shut
from West Kensington to Ealing / Richmond, and the North...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 10, 10:38 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By David
Two "Street" stations in a row: prospective quiz question

On Oct 21, 10:33*am, MIG wrote:

District Line (Earls Court)
Waterloo And City Line (Waterloo and...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 10, 09:07 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By David
Two "Street" stations in a row: prospective quiz question

On Oct 20, 11:25*pm, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
Offramp wrote:
I was *thinking* of Baker Street and Bond Street!

And Great Portland Street and Baker Street.

So that makes 3...
Forum: London Transport September 11th 10, 12:43 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By David
Heathrow Connect dropping to an hourly service on Sundays

On Sep 11, 11:33*am, Mizter T wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:35:32 +0100, CJB ...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 10, 11:17 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By David
Poems on the Underground...?

Can't help with the last verse, but I suggest West ROO-islip instead
of south kensington

And did those feet in ancient times
walk Upton Park and Stepney Green
and was the holy Lambeth...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 10, 02:43 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By David
Same Destination, Opposite Direction

I was on a number 17 bus the other day, destination Archway. As we
passed by St. Paul's Cathedral a number 4 bus, also...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 10, 01:19 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By David
Oyster in Other Towns

They've gated Centraal NS too. The barriers weren't working when I saw
them (a week before Xmas) but it wasn't clear if that's because it was
stupid o'clock, or that they hadn't been...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 10, 03:43 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By David
How does one pronounce Isledon Road?

When I was on the 360 bus the other day, I noticed that the recorded
message said Pel-ham Street, as in Pel-[green eggs and]ham. I have
always (of course!) said it like pellum; but perhaps TfL...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 09, 09:14 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By David
TfL Farefinder

P.S. for extra fun, try and work out why there are three separate sets
of fares shown for Chiswick - Uxbridge. *I *think* I've worked it out,
but it depends on being an OSI God. *It's...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 09, 10:11 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By David
New Underground line?

On Dec 2, 9:19*am, PhilD wrote:

I looked at the new entrance to...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 09, 10:03 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By David
Quiztime

strictly a bridge is "a
structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a
river or canal or railway etc"

The bridge I have in mind was built in 2004. It is not over an...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 09, 02:49 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By David
Disruption at Feltham

There are suggestions doing the rounds that this structure wasn't built as a
water course, but as a 'subway' under Feltham Yard when first built. There
is a second course of the River Crane...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 09, 01:39 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By David
Actual bendy bus capacity?

up a significant percentage of the floor space. Plus standing on the top deck
of a double decker is unpleasent at the best of times with the nausea inducing
swaying, heat, people squeezing past...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 09, 02:58 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By David
Kingsway Tramway

AFAIK roundels with station names only now exist on platforms. The
one at Southgate was in the street.

This is what Street View now shows at Southgate:
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 09, 02:42 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By David
Old euston entrance

Yes, it's on the corner of Drummond & Melton...
Forum: London Transport August 24th 09, 12:43 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David
Oyster PAYG on NR - the battle continues... [was: Death of thepaper train ticket...]

The short 'cross-border' dead-ends have already been moved into the London
Fare Zones - Caterham, Tattenham Corner, Epsom Downs, Hampton Court, and
Epping into Zone 6; and Watford and Chesham...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 09, 10:07 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By David
Night buses

The 65 has recently been extended from Kingston to Chessington world
of adventures at night only.

I expected them to bring back the "N65" designation but they didn't,
instead they put an awkward...
Forum: London Transport July 24th 09, 01:59 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By David
Stations named after commercial entities

And it's not as if it's the only one either. *How about "Cutty Sark for
Maritime Greenwich"? *The station isn't called "Custom House for Excel",
it's Custom House, the "for Excel" bit being...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 09, 08:01 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By David
Fares: London - Gatwick?

I've never had any problem in getting a Boundary Zone 6 to Gatwick from
Clapham Junction, using my Freedom pass (which I guess counts as a
"season ticket" for the purpose).

Last time I was in...
Forum: London Transport July 12th 09, 09:07 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By David
Oyter with Travelcard

Incidentally my limited-ish experience of these buses in the morning
at Vauxhall is that a good number of people pile out at Vauxhall to
get on the Victoria line

This is also the experience of...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 09, 04:34 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By David
Quality reporting on Oyster PAYG

I know the first one is £2.10, the second is £1.10 and I'm pretty
sure the third is £1.10 as well, although I'm open to correction. Can
anyone confirm; are the existing National Rail PAYG...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

Forum Jump