Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: trainmanUK
Forum: London Transport May 20th 11, 06:45 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By trainmanUK
Goodbye OEP hello compulsory Touch In

Had an ATOC brief today. If you have a travelcard loaded on you
oyster and some PAYG credit and wish to travel outside your Zones you
MUST touch in at the start of the journey. If found outside the...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 10, 11:58 AM
Replies: 75
Posted By trainmanUK
9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

I think they could have done much more with the money spent if they
targeted the spening in a more sensible way. For example they are
currently making Green Park accesible at a huge cost.

They...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 10, 11:53 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By trainmanUK
NR Tickets on LU

I guess they are hoping the comission on the sales will be a boost to
the coffers.

You can actually buy tickets to most destinations in the network area
already. Such as Oxford, Reading, Slough...
Forum: London Transport September 7th 10, 11:06 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By trainmanUK
Cash fare from Charing Cross to Richmond

Looking at the cash fare options in London it seems to be very
complicated. Have I got the following correct.

If I want to travel from Charing Cross to Richmond there are 3
different prices.

1. ...
Forum: London Transport September 7th 10, 08:20 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By trainmanUK
RMT just cost me 20 quid

Dont forget that ASLEF are not on strike.
Forum: London Transport May 15th 10, 09:07 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By trainmanUK
Bus drivers' Big Red Book

Does seem to be a bit out of date. Single fare still showing at 90p
Forum: London Transport May 15th 10, 08:30 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By trainmanUK
Oyster Query

On 14/05/2010 22:46, trainmanUK wrote: I went from Piccadilly Circus to Kings Cross on the piccadilly line.
I went to the...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 10, 09:46 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By trainmanUK
Oyster Query

I went from Piccadilly Circus to Kings Cross on the piccadilly line.
I went to the Eurostar ticket office to buy a ticket which took about
10 minutes. I then went from Kings Cross to Paddington on...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 10, 10:01 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By trainmanUK
Paddington signs

On 24 Jan, 22:26, "Richard J." wrote:
trainmanUK wrote on 24 January 2010 22:04:02 ...

On 24 Jan, 20:27, "Clive D. W. Feather"...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 10, 09:04 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By trainmanUK
Paddington signs

Now that the extended Circle Line has bedded in, have signs at
Paddington main line station changed? In particular, is it made...
Forum: London Transport January 22nd 10, 08:27 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By trainmanUK
Chiltern Line Electrification - Roger Ford's solution to WestMidlands Capacity Issues?

On 22 Jan, 18:45, E27002 wrote:
On Jan 21, 8:54*pm, "DW downunder" noname wrote:

Forum: London Transport January 17th 10, 08:37 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By trainmanUK
Street Repairs

On 17 Jan, 09:05, Phil Richards
Who is responsible for repairs in London, the local council or TfL?
Since the snow has thawed a small pothole outside my...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 10, 04:51 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By trainmanUK
First class and oyster cards

What is the situaiton with first class and oyster PAYG. Can it be
valid in First? Can you get a first class oyster PAYG ?

I suspect the answer is no so if you want to go first class in the
zones...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 10, 02:52 PM
Replies: 113
Posted By trainmanUK
Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

On 3 Jan, 12:38, MIG wrote:
On 3 Jan, 12:19, Matthew Dickinson

On 3 Jan, 11:52, MIG...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 10, 10:23 AM
Replies: 113
Posted By trainmanUK
Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

In another thread, someone posted the result of an FOI request, which
included a TfL staff briefing, which included this statement.

"An Oyster Extension Permit is only needed when a...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 09, 12:22 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By trainmanUK
Motorcycle - centre stand query

Virtually any case can get to the court of appeal if you feel strongly
enough about it. However the costs soon ramp up and are not worth
pursuing. T
Forum: London Transport December 27th 09, 08:23 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By trainmanUK
Kilburn Park

On 27 Dec, 12:38, "Basil Jet"
It appears that many or all of the drivers on westbound Bakerloo services
yesterday didn't bother telling the...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 09, 01:56 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By trainmanUK
Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity - update

On 14 Dec, 09:02, "Ian F." wrote:
As the original thread drifted, this is just to let you know that the
original plan didn't work!

Bear in mind this is pre...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 01:10 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By trainmanUK
Maryland with an Oyster travelcard?

On 23 Nov, 14:05, MIG wrote:

On Nov 23, 1:27 pm, Tristan Miller
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 01:08 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By trainmanUK
New Oyster rules

Will children under 11 be able to travel free throughout all the zones
when PAYG is valid in all the zones from January 2010. Or will the
split London Overground / Tube still apply and children will...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 01:02 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By trainmanUK
Announcement re. Oyster on London overland rail

On 23 Nov, 13:50, John Bull wrote:
And is the inclusion of overground services to Heathrow an indication that
Heathrow Connect will be an Oysterable service?

Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 12:55 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By trainmanUK
Maryland with an Oyster travelcard?

..

And if I meet a ticket inspector on the train to Liverpool Street, they're
just going to take my word that I boarded at Maryland rather than, say,
Shenfield (or some other Zone 3 station...
Forum: London Transport November 17th 09, 08:44 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By trainmanUK
First Capital Connect strike ...

Any company that has to cancel half its service because drivers will
not work rest days and overtime is clearly not employing enough
drivers.

Interestingly First Great Western where in a similar...
Forum: London Transport October 29th 09, 07:19 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By trainmanUK
Battersea Bridge

Those poles are closed every night from, I think, 11pm, and those variable
signs are still used nightly.- Hide quoted text -

Ah I need to get out more. Dont do late nights very often...
Forum: London Transport October 28th 09, 07:26 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By trainmanUK
Battersea Bridge

On 28 Oct, 19:12, Paul Terry wrote: