Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Cummins[_4_]
Forum: London Transport November 29th 12, 08:38 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Contactless ('wave-and-pay') payment progress?

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Paul
Corfield) came up to me and whispered:

I assume that whatever is deemed
reasonable for retailers would broadly be OK for bus...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 12, 12:39 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Free Tube station WiFi extended until "early 2013"

We were about to embark at Dover, when ()
came up to me and whispered:

I'm puzzled how Roland ever connects to wifi. Most seems to
need a browser.

I connect to...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 12, 11:53 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Strange track layout at Moorgate Northern?

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Nick Leverton)
came up to me and whispered:

There was an earlier loop at Charing Cross. You know .. the
terminus
of the CCE&H.

Forum: London Transport September 28th 12, 10:55 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Strange track layout at Moorgate Northern?

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Clive D. W.
Feather) came up to me and whispered:

Kennington was the termins of the CCEH.

Never.

It was, you know... hence the...
Forum: London Transport September 25th 12, 05:20 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Strange track layout at Moorgate Northern?

We were about to embark at Dover, when ()
came up to me and whispered:

Except that Stockwell was the original Southern terminus of the
C&SLR.

Quite right - my...
Forum: London Transport September 25th 12, 12:07 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Cambridge to London City Airport

We were about to embark at Dover, when
(Theo Markettos) came up to me and whispered:

Can anyone recommend a sensible way to get there
from Cambridge?...
Forum: London Transport September 18th 12, 05:58 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Strange track layout at Moorgate Northern?

We were about to embark at Dover, when
(Recliner) came up to me and whispered:

This is all IIRC, of course - it's been over 112 years since
I was last at the King...
Forum: London Transport September 18th 12, 02:45 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Strange track layout at Moorgate Northern?

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Offramp)
came up to me and whispered:

As one travels south on the Bank branch Northern Line the track
changes sides a few times....
Forum: London Transport September 17th 12, 10:05 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Strange track layout at Moorgate Northern?

We were about to embark at Dover, when nowhere@com (Subterraneo) came up
to me and whispered:

he platform extension works do indeed explain why the track
cuts across the platform area.

Thought...
Forum: London Transport September 16th 12, 10:12 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Strange track layout at Moorgate Northern?

Evening all

I;ve just reviewed a Youtube video, which shows a peculiarity at Noorgate
northern, southbound platform.

At the southern end of the platform, the line cuts to the right, to
entern...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 12, 08:17 AM
Replies: 47
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
London Blunderground triumphs during the Olympics

The nearest other Waitrose is Canary Wharf which is a bit of a
bloody pain to get to compared with Westfield for a lot...
Forum: London Transport June 20th 12, 02:09 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Amersham with Zone 1-6 railcard

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Clive Page) came
up to me and whispered:

I thought the ATOC considered fare information "commercial" and
so could not be released?

In...
Forum: London Transport June 12th 12, 11:56 AM
Replies: 115
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Tube Wifi

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Roland Perry)
came up to me and whispered:

As for having a landline, I need it for ADSL. I also think it's
a bit rude to expect...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 12, 11:30 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
taxi to airport in London

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Roland Perry)
came up to me and whispered:

If doing so avoids paying out to that passenger, of course they
will!

That's the one thing...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 12, 01:01 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
taxi to airport in London

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Robin) came up
to me and whispered:

As regards the term "driving test", it is used both in the
underlying legislation (the London Cab...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 12, 06:18 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
taxi to airport in London

We were about to embark at Dover, when
(Richard J.) came up to me and whispered:

True, but don't assume that it's always the taxi driver that
has the knowledge.

To...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 12, 04:10 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
taxi to airport in London

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Mike
Hughes) came up to me and whispered:

Wrong. Taxi drivers are required to take an additional driving
test before they get...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 12, 01:46 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
taxi to airport in London

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Mike
Hughes) came up to me and whispered:

For those who don't know about such things, you will often find
that many PH companies...
Forum: London Transport June 6th 12, 07:33 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Longer Distance Crossrail

We were about to embark at Dover, when
(allantracy) came up to me and whispered:

It's fine for inner London but extending the Overground
(Underground really) concept...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 12, 11:31 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
LU jobsworths

We were about to embark at Dover, when () came up
to me and whispered:

If there's a ****wits-R-Us job agency they must be making a
mint on the
commision for getting...
Forum: London Transport January 31st 12, 07:02 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
TfL use of English

We were about to embark at Dover, when () came up
to me and whispered:

Ring the bell?

thus distracting his attenton whilst the vehicle is in motion...

--
Paul Cummins...
Forum: London Transport January 30th 12, 09:58 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
TfL use of English

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Offramp)
came up to me and whispered:

My favourite incomprehensible sign is on most TfL buses:
"..Do not speak to or distract the...
Forum: London Transport December 28th 11, 07:27 AM
Replies: 204
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
coinage, was bus partitions

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Denis
McMahon) came up to me and whispered:

When we went decimal in the early 1970s (February 1972 if my
memory serves me...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 11, 08:48 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
New boris bus breaks down

We were about to embark at Dover, when () came up
to me and whispered:

180hp is enough to power a double decker albeit slowly.

The original RT was 97bHp IIRC?

--
Paul...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 11, 01:38 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Paul Cummins[_4_]
Decision on rail link due before Christmas

We were about to embark at Dover, when
(Charles Ellson) came up to me and whispered:

You can e.g. send LU and NR electric stock into
Richmond but neither can take the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51

Forum Jump