Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Piatkow
Forum: London Transport July 30th 15, 09:19 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Piatkow
Vehicle and driveway width

What nowadays is the maximum allowed width for a road vehicle in
ordinary service, such as a refuse collection vehicle, a...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 15, 02:55 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Piatkow
Night tube

Not that it needs the signalling, rather the signalling engineers need night time shutdowns to put it in.

Overnight services are only being introduced on lines with no major engineering projects in...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 15, 04:35 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Piatkow
Longest and Shortest

If by remote you mean outside the built up area then Liberty Cottages in Havering atte Bower on route 375 is a good candidate.

The route continues north to the Passingford Bridge roundabout in open...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 15, 08:30 AM
Replies: 140
Posted By Piatkow
Chaos likely when they close ticket windows at King's Cross St. Pancras

No, its probably too late for that. But at least theres the possibility of
things not getting any worse when someone new takes over

I can see a candidate claiming that they will reopen ticket...
Forum: London Transport February 8th 15, 09:58 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Piatkow
Freedom Pass Renewals

Post Office? Which other authorities use them for issuing bus passes? Mine doesn't.

If its a special arrangement with the GLA then Post Office are quite at liberty to pull out if they think that it...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 14, 08:09 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Piatkow
Oyster question

If I have a monthly travelcard put onto my PAYG oyster will it intelligently
use the remaining PAYG money to pay the...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 14, 05:20 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Piatkow
Croxley Link

You could have made all the same ridership arguements about reopening the North London Line to Stratford and look how busy it is now!

Considering what traffic in Watford is like whenever I visit I...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 14, 11:05 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Piatkow
All-night Tube trains from Sep 2015

And still no comment or intent as to what happens to the Night Bus
network and whether extra buses will be added in the suburbs to give
convenient links perhaps offset by reductions on the busier...
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 14, 10:43 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Piatkow
Super-sewer disruption along the Thames

You might have missed the FOUR page announcement (in small type) in the Evening Standard of the compulsory access (and destruction) by...
Forum: London Transport August 12th 14, 11:10 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Piatkow
No surprise: Crossrail to Tring proposal

An earlier suggestion was a tunnel from OOC to somewhere south of Wembley
Central. Crossrail would take over the DC lines from there, with the
Bakerloo and Overground services terminating in...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 14, 02:10 PM
Replies: 73
Posted By Piatkow
Any way to force a break of journey other than using two oyster cards?

I have totally lost track of this arguement and any attempt to go back over the old posts quickly saps my will to live!
Forum: London Transport July 21st 14, 10:26 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Piatkow
Why can't TfL run crossrail themselves?

On Monday, July 21, 2014 10:31:00 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Why do we have to have an "operator" like on the DLR that will inevitably

suck away some of the money to its...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 14, 04:11 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Piatkow
Oyster Cap confusion

But the next Chesham departure "After 09:10" is at 09:34 - when
Off-Peak applies to fares, anyway.

Am I missing something?

It allows people through the barriers rather than blocking...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 14, 08:25 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By Piatkow
Croxley rail link additioanl funding.

2 stations and a viaduct.

Two viaducts or major bridges. No provision appears to have been made for reinstatement when Ascot Road was build.
Forum: London Transport June 26th 14, 12:15 PM
Replies: 161
Posted By Piatkow
TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

I am not sure what people expect but how is a card reader expected to "know" which card to debit if you have a couple of contactless payment cards in your wallet? (More of an issue on buses at the...
Forum: London Transport June 26th 14, 12:09 PM
Replies: 161
Posted By Piatkow
TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

you can't put you non-Oyster card in an Oyster wallet. You'd never
know which was which

Never heard of marker pens?

I have two Oyster wallets with different designs.
Forum: London Transport June 24th 14, 09:14 PM
Replies: 161
Posted By Piatkow
TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

Yes but I currently have one holder for all cards - who will pay for the
extra holders I need now?

You have a problem with using a free Oyster wallet?
Forum: London Transport May 15th 14, 03:37 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Piatkow
Wi-Fi on North Surrey Buses

Arriva have wi-fi on their Saphire services but I find using my 3G connection much easier than filling in a sign up screen on my phone. Also I don't get a fresh lot of marketing emails. The power...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 14, 10:48 AM
Replies: 122
Posted By Piatkow
Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

So your point is the same as mine, that it really sucks that you have to
notice these problems yourself before anything gets done?

4 issues in the entire lifetime of the Oyster scheme, 1 would...
Forum: London Transport April 24th 14, 08:49 AM
Replies: 122
Posted By Piatkow
Oyster: still an unreliable rip-off

Go through a gate that opens in front of you and discover the touch hasn't
been registered,

I have never seen that happen when it was definitely my own card that opened the gate. When a large...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 14, 09:45 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Piatkow
Commuting from Sidcup, help!

Hybrid vehicles such as the Toyota Prius and all-electric cars are
exempt
from the "congestion charge." We don't know what car he will be driving.

Hence the word "normal" as shorthand for...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 14, 12:34 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Piatkow
Commuting from Sidcup, help!

It would help if we knew what sense you were using the name "Southwark" as it is both a place in its own right and a local government area.

If you mean the area north of Elephant then you are going...
Forum: London Transport March 24th 14, 08:26 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By Piatkow
Card clash

Or just take out the desired card. When standing at a checkout this
is hardly inconvenient.

You aren't at a checkout you are in the middle of maybe 20 people all pushing top get on the bus or...
Forum: London Transport October 30th 13, 11:50 PM
Replies: 102
Posted By Piatkow
Freedom Pass

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:14:19 PM UTC, wrote:
Recently my Freedom Pass has failed at some Oyster Readers (usually Underground ones)with an error 94.

Forum: London Transport October 13th 13, 11:14 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Piatkow
M25 River Crossing

On Saturday, 12 October 2013 13:29:17 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
As a matter of interest, why is the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge not

designated as a Motorway? Can I report the Department for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31

Forum Jump