Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Shelley
Forum: London Transport January 21st 08, 11:30 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By John Shelley
No L at Central

I don't recall having seen this mentioned before, but if it has been I
apologise for repetition.

Travelling with my cousin through Wembley Central on a Bakerloo train over
the weekend he noticed...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 07, 11:52 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By John Shelley
Central Line past West Ruislip

thoss wrote:
At 14:23:28 on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 Paul Terry opined:-

In message ,
writes

Are there/were there? Any...
Forum: London Transport August 3rd 07, 08:36 AM
Replies: 79
Posted By John Shelley
Grit in the Oyster

wrote:
On 3 Aug, 08:59, Bob wrote:
http://www.silicon.com/publicsector/0,3800010403,39168037,00.htm

Of course this will mean the need for...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 07, 08:25 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By John Shelley
New Adobe Acrobat reader - should I install?

James Farrar wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 00:12:20 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

"John Rowland" typed

Anyone...
Forum: London Transport May 3rd 07, 08:07 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By John Shelley
LU Stock Transfer Lines

John Rowland wrote:
MIG wrote:
In message ,
"...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 06:23 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By John Shelley
Oyster guide in other languages - spanish

stevo wrote:
The leaflet states it is available in hard copy in other languages,
anyone know if it is online - my usual googles have so far failed.

Cheers,

Steve

Forum: London Transport November 21st 06, 04:56 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By John Shelley
Best Underground Book?

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
snip

# * Sixty Years of the Bakerloo, by Charles E.Lee,
# pub.1966 London Transport, P24p, no ISBN;
Haven't seen this. Note the page count, anyway.

Forum: London Transport November 14th 06, 08:11 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By John Shelley
Regenerative braking in S stock

Tom Anderson wrote:
snip
Using the running rails as a voltage reference would be the obvious
way to do it. AIUI, there is a voltage across them from track
circuits, but it's small enough that...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 05, 11:07 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By John Shelley
History of Northern Line underground 1967 FA

John Salmon wrote:
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote

Good grief! I have that booklet (but 2nd impression, 1968) and the
rest of the series published around that time!

How many were there? I've...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 05, 12:02 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By John Shelley
Waterloo and City, and Post Office Station

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:45:39 on Mon,
25 Jul 2005, Clive D. W. Feather
remarked:
in the middle the "Post...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 05, 11:39 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By John Shelley
Tripcocks on 165s

David Hansen wrote:
snip
Striking a trainstop occasionally at high speed is very different to
striking them regularly at high speed. One of the reasons there are
tripcock testers is to ensure...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 05, 07:54 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By John Shelley
Tripcocks on 165s

Ronnie Clark wrote:
snip

That still leaves the front and rear-most cocks being reset a hell of
a lot of times, and being struck at high-speeds.

The leading tripcock will only hit a...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 05, 08:32 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By John Shelley
Tripcocks on 165s

David Hansen wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:03:53 +0100 someone who may be "RPM"

Only the tripcock on the leading vehicle is "active" on a...
Forum: London Transport July 13th 05, 01:40 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By John Shelley
Taking a dog on the underground

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
23:31:37 on Tue, 12 Jul 2005, AndyColeman
remarked:
One concern is the...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 05, 08:21 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By John Shelley
round thing outside liverpool street

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article ,
writes
Underneath that slope was a British Railways Staff Association-owned
Forum: London Transport April 25th 05, 01:07 PM
Replies: 93
Posted By John Shelley
Question about Broad Street

J Lynch wrote:
It has been a while since I had a look, but my recollection is that
the station was immediately adjacent to the main building. At that
time the platforms were still extant,...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 05, 12:10 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By John Shelley
district, circle and hammersmith and city lines - reorganisation idea

TheOneKEA wrote:
Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
snip
[+] In general, a signal can only turn green if a train hitting the
train stop of the following red signal *at line speed* will be
Forum: London Transport January 1st 05, 12:04 PM
Replies: 211
Posted By John Shelley
'0207 008 0000'

Martin Underwood wrote:
snip
At least in the UK we got rid of local codes for neighbouring
exchanges: these varied from one place to another - so you might
precede a person's number with a 9...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 04, 02:11 PM
Replies: 211
Posted By John Shelley
'0207 008 0000'

Martin Underwood wrote:
"John Shelley" wrote in message
snip

Ah, so new suscribers in an area potentially get...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 04, 11:40 AM
Replies: 211
Posted By John Shelley
'0207 008 0000'

Martin Underwood wrote:
snip
By the way, how much of a London number can you omit? You can omit
the 020 if you're calling from a London number but can you also omit
the district code (the...
Forum: London Transport September 17th 04, 08:35 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By John Shelley
Leytonstone tunnel?

Chris Henderson wrote:
'The Newbury Park - Seven Kings route closed in 1956;...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 04, 01:45 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By John Shelley
Metropolitan Line Questions

Matthew P Jones wrote:
snip
Anyway, anyone know anything about a passing loop at the station
between Rickmansworth and Chalfont & Latimer?!

Vol2 of Bill Simpson's A history of the...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 04, 11:00 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By John Shelley
Whatever happened to the Mill Hill East extension?

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

I said "two routes *from* Moorgate".

I'd been considering routes from Moorgate (GN&C) and Moorgate (City Branch)
to a common destination. You didn't state to...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 04, 06:44 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By John Shelley
Whatever happened to the Mill Hill East extension?

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article , Bill Hayles
writes
Trains on the two main routes from Moorgate would have coupled...
Forum: London Transport December 4th 03, 05:56 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By John Shelley
Magnetic stripe tickets

Orienteer wrote:
Can anyone help answer a query from a friend in Japan?

He's trying to find information about when magnetic stripe tickets
were first used, and heard that LT had some in the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26

Forum Jump