Old February 16th 09, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default UTLer in the news

"Adrian" wrote
May I suggest that if your eyesight is so poor that you can't determine
if the headlights and roof lights are flashing from 1m away you probably
shouldn't be cycling?

He and Roland share Anton's syndrome, plus little respect for the truth.

Weird, I know - but what else fits the facts (and we know what Holmes would
say!).

Of course, it could conceivably be psychosis - for Roland, anyway, who seems
to determined to throw away whatever respect he'd earned by backing a total
loser.

--
Andrew

"Cyclists of the world unite - you have nothing to lose but your
ins" - Marx

Old February 16th 09, 10:28 AM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Adrian" wrote in message
Roland Perry gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

In message , at 23:12:25 on
Sun, 15 Feb 2009, Phil W Lee remarked:
And I've never seen (or heard) one of those 4x4 suv type vehicles
described as an "estate car" either.

That's because it's not a 4x4 SUV in the style of a Range Rover, Jeep
etc; it has a much lower profile. Here's one with a white bonnet (like
the Cambridge ones):

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/p1130756.jpg

No, it isn't.

That's a VW Touran mini-people-carrier. Not only isn't it a Honda CR-V,
it doesn't even have a white bonnet as you claim - that's silver. Really,
Roland, you do seem to be determined to make yourself look an utter tit
in this thread.

This is a Honda CR-V, in ambulance livery.
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg

Blimey! That looks JUST like an ambulance!

runs for cover

:-)
--
Brian

Old February 16th 09, 11:28 AM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

"Brian Watson" gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

That's because it's not a 4x4 SUV in the style of a Range Rover, Jeep
etc; it has a much lower profile. Here's one with a white bonnet (like
the Cambridge ones):

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/p1130756.jpg

No, it isn't.

That's a VW Touran mini-people-carrier. Not only isn't it a Honda CR-V,
it doesn't even have a white bonnet as you claim - that's silver.
Really, Roland, you do seem to be determined to make yourself look an
utter tit in this thread.

This is a Honda CR-V, in ambulance livery.
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg

Blimey! That looks JUST like an ambulance!

Is the word "AMBULANCE" on the bonnet a clue? Just like, with the VW
Roland posted, the word "PARAMEDIC" would be a clue?
Old February 16th 09, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:16:28PM +0000, Adrian wrote:

your evidence says
that you don't "recall" if they were flashing or not ...

May I suggest that if your eyesight is so poor that you can't determine
if the headlights and roof lights are flashing from 1m away you probably
shouldn't be cycling?

Looks like someone needs to learn the difference between seeing
something and remembering it.

Please stop rolling your Jargon Dice and explain the problem
you are having to me in plain English, using small words.
-- John Hardin, in the Monastery
Old February 16th 09, 02:07 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:28:17 +0000, Adrian wrote:
This is a Honda CR-V, in ambulance livery.
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg

Blimey! That looks JUST like an ambulance!

Is the word "AMBULANCE" on the bonnet a clue?

Although I believe they've gone and written it backwards... :-)

.... although it does say it the correct way round on the side, albeit in
letters that seem disproportionally small to the size of the vehicle, and
toward the rear where you might not happen to glance down and see them if
approaching the driver's window from the front-quarter.

Hard to miss the blue lights on that one, of course - but I believe they
were far further back on the Cambridge example, so again perhaps not so
obvious from the front (particularly if sitting on a bike)?

Old February 16th 09, 02:21 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

Jules gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

This is a Honda CR-V, in ambulance livery.
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg

Blimey! That looks JUST like an ambulance!

Is the word "AMBULANCE" on the bonnet a clue?

Although I believe they've gone and written it backwards... :-)

... although it does say it the correct way round on the side, albeit in
letters that seem disproportionally small to the size of the vehicle,
and toward the rear where you might not happen to glance down and see
them if approaching the driver's window from the front-quarter.

Hard to miss the blue lights on that one, of course - but I believe they
were far further back on the Cambridge example, so again perhaps not so
obvious from the front (particularly if sitting on a bike)?

I believe the wig-wag flashing headlights were in the same place on the
vehicle, though.
Old February 16th 09, 02:37 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:21:08 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Jules gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

This is a Honda CR-V, in ambulance livery.
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg

Blimey! That looks JUST like an ambulance!

Is the word "AMBULANCE" on the bonnet a clue?

Although I believe they've gone and written it backwards... :-)

... although it does say it the correct way round on the side, albeit in
letters that seem disproportionally small to the size of the vehicle,
and toward the rear where you might not happen to glance down and see
them if approaching the driver's window from the front-quarter.

Hard to miss the blue lights on that one, of course - but I believe they
were far further back on the Cambridge example, so again perhaps not so
obvious from the front (particularly if sitting on a bike)?

I believe the wig-wag flashing headlights were in the same place on the
vehicle, though.

Agreed. I've not waded through the entire report - I assume there was
independent witness that they were indeed working.

They do seem like something that would be hard to miss, even if direct
sunlight was falling on the front of the vehicle. The other aspects
though... well, I think I can convince myself that it'd be possible to not
take them on board. Unlikely, but possible.

Old February 16th 09, 02:55 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

Hard to miss the blue lights on that one, of course - but I believe
they were far further back on the Cambridge example, so again perhaps
not so obvious from the front (particularly if sitting on a bike)?

I believe the wig-wag flashing headlights were in the same place on the
vehicle, though.

And of course there's the flashing blue lights each side of the front
number plate and just above it.

Well, quite.

And - since it got snipped a little further up the subthread - here's a
pic of an East-of-England paramedic CR-V.
http://www.eastamb.nhs.uk/media/pict...AMB_240702.JPG

In fact, that CR-V bears the same registration as the one shown in the
poor b&w copy of a photo in the PDF report - p44 - and described as "same
make, model & colour scheme"
Old February 16th 09, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

UTLer in the news

Her her her. That's made my day that has, Utler!

Go on...Get that bus aht!
Old February 16th 09, 04:17 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london

In article . com, Jules wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:21:08 +0000, Adrian wrote:

I believe the wig-wag flashing headlights were in the same place on the
vehicle, though.

Agreed. I've not waded through the entire report - I assume there was
independent witness that they were indeed working.

I don't think the report mentioned any.

They do seem like something that would be hard to miss, even if direct
sunlight was falling on the front of the vehicle. The other aspects
though... well, I think I can convince myself that it'd be possible to not
take them on board.

What "other aspects" distinguish an ambulance on an emergency call from
an ambulance not on an emergency call? (No-one has suggested that the
sirens were on.)