Old November 11th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default An unusual request

Sam Holloway wrote the following in:

Here's my attempt from my template. (File will be available for
the next few days...)

http://www.samholloway.co.uk/tosser.gif

Ooh, that's very very good. Thank you very much.

(if this was a cunning joke to get someone to post an URL that
makes them sound stupid, you've just won) :-)

Nah, I beat you by posting one myself first!

The colours are directly taken from colours on TfL's website so
they should match well. If that's good enough for your needs, then
by all means download and use it (and if you need a different size
or format, let me know), otherwise I look forward to seeing the
photo-montage version!

It's definitely very real and proper looking, but I think I'll still
give the photo-montage a go. After all, I've got a list of all these
suitable stations now and it'd be a shame not to see what it'll look
like if I do try it.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!

Old November 12th 03, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Sam Holloway" wrote in message

Here's my attempt from my template. (File will be
available for the next few days...)

http://www.samholloway.co.uk/tosser.gif

I don't want to criticise, oh okay, I do... I think the red circle is too
thin.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 12th 03, 04:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth:
Can anyone find the two stations which contain the letters "******S"?

Easy, even without computer assistance, if you guess to look at stations
starting with K or W. Kew Gardens, Westbourne Park.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible"
Old November 12th 03, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:49:55 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Sam Holloway" wrote in message
.. .

Here's my attempt from my template. (File will be
available for the next few days...)

http://www.samholloway.co.uk/tosser.gif

I don't want to criticise, oh okay, I do... I think the red circle is too
thin.

Yes, I agree. While I attempted to accurately match the colours and
font, I didn't have sufficient time to tweak the geometry of the
circle and bar. (The template was required for a meeting at short
notice - ok, not required, just looked nice on the presentation
handouts.) :-)

If I get a chance, I'll give it a tweak.

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge
Old November 12th 03, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Nov 2003 22:21:25 GMT, Robin May
wrote:
Sam Holloway wrote the following in:

Here's my attempt from my template. (File will be available for
the next few days...)

snippage

It's definitely very real and proper looking, but I think I'll still
give the photo-montage a go. After all, I've got a list of all these
suitable stations now and it'd be a shame not to see what it'll look
like if I do try it.

Definitely - I'd like to see how the photo montage comes out.

Some years ago I wanted the image of a roundel with my name in it, but
then again I'm fortunate in that my surname appears in full in one
station name, so in the end I just got a photo taken with me leaning
against the 'Road' part to obscure it. Very cheesy.

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge

Old November 12th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Sam Holloway
writes

Some years ago I wanted the image of a roundel with my name in it, but
then again I'm fortunate in that my surname appears in full in one
station name, so in the end I just got a photo taken with me leaning
against the 'Road' part to obscure it. Very cheesy.

You could have your pic taken outside the prison too....
--
Kat Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax

and get used to the idea - Robert A. Heinlein

Old November 12th 03, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Kat wrote:
In message , Sam Holloway
writes

Some years ago I wanted the image of a roundel with my name in it, but
then again I'm fortunate in that my surname appears in full in one
station name, so in the end I just got a photo taken with me leaning
against the 'Road' part to obscure it. Very cheesy.

You could have your pic taken outside the prison too....

For that, the cheesiness factor depends, in part, on what Sam is short for.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.

Old November 12th 03, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:02:07 +0000 (UTC), Mike Bristow
wrote:
In article ,
Kat wrote:
In message , Sam Holloway
writes

Some years ago I wanted the image of a roundel with my name in it, but
then again I'm fortunate in that my surname appears in full in one
station name, so in the end I just got a photo taken with me leaning
against the 'Road' part to obscure it. Very cheesy.

You could have your pic taken outside the prison too....

For that, the cheesiness factor depends, in part, on what Sam is short for.

Good point grin. I'm a Samuel. :-)

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge
Old November 12th 03, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

JRS: In article , seen in
news:uk.transport.london, Mark Brader posted at Wed, 12
Nov 2003 05:56:53 :-

Easy, even without computer assistance, if you guess to look at stations
starting with K or W. Kew Gardens, Westbourne Park.

Have you considered the significance of Stamford Brook & Wimbledon Park?

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
Old November 12th 03, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Sam Holloway wrote the following in:

Here's my attempt from my template. (File will be available for
the next few days...)

snippage

It's definitely very real and proper looking, but I think I'll still
give the photo-montage a go. After all, I've got a list of all these
suitable stations now and it'd be a shame not to see what it'll look
like if I do try it.

Definitely - I'd like to see how the photo montage comes out.

Some years ago I wanted the image of a roundel with my name in it, but
then again I'm fortunate in that my surname appears in full in one
station name, so in the end I just got a photo taken with me leaning
against the 'Road' part to obscure it. Very cheesy.

Whoever you are making the TOSSER sign for, couldn't you just do the
same as the above by standing in front of the ARSENAL sign instead? :-)

dave