Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Iain
Forum: London Transport August 4th 08, 06:28 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Iain
Shepherd's Bush Central Line

"Richard J." wrote in news:4Cjlk.37015
:

You think it'll be a shame that Shepherd's Bush won't be gloomy and
oppressive? Whose...
Forum: London Transport August 3rd 08, 08:43 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Iain
Shepherd's Bush Central Line

Travelling through this station recently it looks like they've started
retiling -- but in white! Now while I agree that the dark green tiles
that were there in the station's old incarnation always...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 08, 06:49 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Iain
When to use standalone validators (NR - tube)

I thought I generally understood Oyster, but I seem to have confused
myself last weekend.

I was coming in to London Bridge from East Croydon on an FCC train,
using a paper ticket single because my...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 07, 07:58 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Iain
WARNPASS: Lines suspended

Paul Weaver wrote in news:1188840146.063729.49430
@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Not convinced, last White City - Epping train was set for 17:30,
arriving 18:30 if it's...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 07, 06:19 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Iain
No Cycles Between Stations?

Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote in
:

The reason I've always been given is that they would impede
evacuation of the (tube) train in an emergency....
Forum: London Transport June 29th 07, 08:54 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Iain
Piccadilly Car bomb

"MichaelJP" wrote in
:

If that's really the case then they should close all of central
London. There is no particular reason that...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 07, 07:28 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Iain
Snowy train scene

wrote in
:

Were there any snow tube scenes this time?

There's this slightly blurry one that my wife took at South...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 06, 07:36 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Iain
What is a "tamper" ?

wrote in
:

A tamper is a track machine which is used after track relaying and
also
at other times, if...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 06, 06:30 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Iain
What is a "tamper" ?

This isn't a London-specific transport question, but seeing as I'm
subbed to uk.t.l but not uk.transport, and there's a sort-of-London
connection, I hope you'll forgive me :)

Picture at...
Forum: London Transport August 17th 06, 08:11 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Iain
Bus numbering

Paul G wrote in
:

Potters Bar falls outside the TfL area (although there is some cross
over in the TfL funded routes also...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 06, 07:04 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Iain
Bus numbering

"Orienteer" wrote in
:

There used to be, but no longer!

Central bus routes were 1 - 199, single deck...
Forum: London Transport August 1st 06, 06:31 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Iain
Tube quiz name game

"Bob Wood" wrote in news:Igvzg.51873$1g.19189
@newsfe1-win.ntli.net:

What current score box? I can't see that at all on my screen and yes
I use IE6.

I use IE6...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 06, 09:02 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Iain
Tube quiz name game

Paul Corfield wrote in
:

One comment I would make is that it took about ten attempts to enter
the correct name for Heathrow...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 06, 06:03 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Iain
Tube quiz name game

"C!" wrote in
:

Is it possible to save and come back later?

As long as you have cookies enabled on your...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 06, 10:33 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Iain
Tube quiz name game

Apologies for the semi-spammage, but as a long-time lurker and occasional
poster, I thought I might be able to get away with it.

I've written a little tube stations quiz game which I think might...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 06, 06:46 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Iain
Tube could close in future heatwaves

"Neil Williams" wrote in
:

Or is it because mineral water is becoming a fashion statement?

The opposite, surely? In...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 06, 07:33 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Iain
Following on from the anagram tube map...

Paul Terry wrote in
:

In message , Tom
Anderson ...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 05, 10:05 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Iain
Does Oyster know the tube route you have taken?

BTW do you know the fare from Stratford to Ilford on Network Rail's
'One Railway'. I tried the 'One Railway' web site as best as I could...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 05, 08:33 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Iain
Does Oyster know the tube route you have taken?

Alix wrote in news:973C301C7E1151D7E@:

FOR EXAMPLE:
(1) Get on the tube at South Woodford (zone 4, Central line).
(2) Must travel via Stratford (zone 3).
(3) Get off at...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 05, 06:58 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Iain
Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

"Martin Underwood" a@b wrote in
:

There are two ring roads around London.

Three. Besides the M25 and North/South Circulars, there's the...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 05, 07:41 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Iain
Emergency services gone crazy

"Phil Lepherd" wrote in
:

Is it just me, or has the amount of emergency services using their
sirens increased in the days since...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 05, 07:09 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Iain
Oyster virgin - be gentle

"Dave Plumb" wrote in
:

Has anyone gotten round to sewing their Oystercard into their coat
sleeve? You could keep...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 04, 07:01 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Iain
No congestion charge on Christmas Day or New Years Day

"Neil Jones" wrote in news:3138e4F34t3slU1@uni-
berlin.de:

According to http://www.cclondon.com

***** Please note, the Congestion Charge will not apply for the...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 04, 06:50 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By Iain
London v Paris

Dave Arquati wrote in
:

The only way I can think of making it more intuitive is to use
"citybound", or perhaps to highlight Zone 1 stations...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 04, 03:46 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Iain
London - Airport

Roland Perry wrote in