Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MetroGnome
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 05, 09:59 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By MetroGnome
DLR City Airport branch

The DLR branch from Canning Town to London City Airport (and on to King
George V) opened to the public at about 1700 this afternoon. This is almost
two weeks earlier than the previously advertised...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 05, 09:59 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By MetroGnome
Northern Line suspended

wrote:

I've never seen the news due to working, but I'm not sure how the rope
could be the problem. This is only used for resetting the tripcock.
As I understand...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 05, 12:53 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By MetroGnome
Victoria Line Murals

"John Rowland" wrote:

I just remembered this...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/connor.html#Motifs

I guess that the tile motifs ("murals" is probably not the right word) at...
Forum: London Transport July 19th 05, 12:53 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By MetroGnome
Victoria Line Murals

"Stuart" wrote:

AIUI The balloon murals precede the Victoria Line - 2 of the adjoining
platforms were originally the Piccadilly Line and the other 2 the Northern
Forum: London Transport July 8th 05, 06:16 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By MetroGnome
London bombs - what to make of the 'power surge' claim?

Certainly, if there was a power surge, there should be a very good
record that it occurred.

There wasn't a power surge. Initial indications suggested this as the most
likely cause of the...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 05, 10:41 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By MetroGnome
FROM GATWICK TO LIVERPOOL, QUESTION

"Mike" wrote:

Heading from Gatwick Airport to Liverpool in a few weeks. Not renting a
car. Followed by a week in London. What's the [ quickest / easiest /
cheapest ] way of getting from...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 05, 08:43 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By MetroGnome
Parking at Cockfosters

Richard J. wrote:

Last train from Hyde Park Corner to Cockfosters is at 00:31.

After that, you'll need to make your way to Trafalgar Square (a short walk,
or a night bus ride), and then get...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 05, 07:31 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By MetroGnome
Lights, camera, Becktion!

Nice to see Camberwell and Denmark Hill making an appearance!
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 04, 07:53 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By MetroGnome
2005 fares leaflet

"Adam" wrote :

Sorry to answer my own post - but page 23 or the current Fares guide
says LT cards are valid "West Ruislip/South Ruislip to Marylebone (but
not intermediate...
Forum: London Transport May 15th 04, 05:13 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By MetroGnome
Derailment near White City Station

"John Rowland" wrote:

There's a driver on the East London line that gives
the best announcements I've ever...
Forum: London Transport May 8th 04, 08:28 PM
Replies: 86
Posted By MetroGnome
What to see on the tube

"Roland Perry" wrote:

How about the big tunnel machine that was used to build the Waterloo and
City line, then abandoned somewhere in the vicinity of Bank station,
Forum: London Transport May 8th 04, 08:49 AM
Replies: 86
Posted By MetroGnome
What to see on the tube

"Annabel Smyth" wrote:

John Rowland wrote
[re which bits of the Strand Underpass were formerly the Kingsway tram
subway]:

Forum: London Transport May 7th 04, 08:57 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By MetroGnome
Need Paris Day Trip Advice.

"Richard J." wrote:

Unfortunately, the Eurostar website (www.eurostar.com) is down for
maintenance at present,

Its back up now. A quick search for 20 May shows...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 04, 12:55 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By MetroGnome
Station To Station

"Annabel Smyth" wrote:

You can also see Canary Wharf (and, presumably, Poplar) from
West India Quay, and I think you can see it from Heron Quays as well,
although...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 04, 12:47 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By MetroGnome
Kingsway Tram Subway open to the general public

"Ian Jelf" wrote:

Neill Wood writes
I presume that the ceiling comes down to meet the access ramp
of the underpass somewhere up...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 04, 12:33 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By MetroGnome
Nearest Tube to Greenwich

"Ian Jelf" wrote:

Is there anywhere else on the London transport (with a small "t") system
where the Prime Meridian is marked?

There is a plaque in the ground, showing the line of the Meridian,...
Forum: London Transport May 6th 04, 12:26 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By MetroGnome
Nearest Tube to Greenwich

"Roland Perry" wrote (re the Greenwich Meridian):

There was apparently a desire to name one of the DLR stations after it
Forum: London Transport May 6th 04, 10:01 AM
Replies: 86
Posted By MetroGnome
What to see on the tube

"John Rowland" wrote:

Bermondsey station, where the geology changes from solid to mushy halfway
along the station, and the station changes from deep tube to deep pit
accordingly.

Not true. ...
Forum: London Transport April 30th 04, 04:28 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By MetroGnome
Kingsway Tram Subway open to the general public

"John Rowland" wrote:

I wondered about the roundels in the station. Did all tram stops have a
plethora of roundels?

No - just the two sub-surface stations. These roundels were situated at...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 04, 05:11 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By MetroGnome
Kingsway Tram Subway open to the general public

Just found this on a bus mailing list:

The Kingsway Subway has been open to the public for the past few days.
The occasion is an art exhibition organised by the St Martins College of
Art just...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 04, 03:40 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By MetroGnome
The Crossrail talk last Tuesday

John Rowland wrote:

Whoops, I forgot to go! Was anything new said?

The Electric Railway Society have a meeting on the same subject (albeit
given by a different speaker from the project) on...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 04, 01:07 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By MetroGnome
Chiltern Services Between Amersham & Harrow

"Jack Taylor" wrote:

Try reading the follow-ups before going into an apoplectic rant.

I read all the follow-ups (at least, all that appeared on my server)...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 04, 09:27 AM
Replies: 45
Posted By MetroGnome
Chiltern Services Between Amersham & Harrow

"Jack Taylor" wrote:

Bear in mind that north of Amersham 100% of the revenue goes to Chiltern,
from the LUL stations only a proportion (fixed by the annual passenger
Forum: London Transport February 25th 04, 09:06 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By MetroGnome
Gillespie Road Tube Station

"Billy Goatse" wrote:

Now that the Woolwich Wanderers will definitely be moving, what chance
is there that Gillespie Road station will be restored to its correct
name by...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 04, 11:30 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By MetroGnome
Anoracky 92 stock question

"Boltar" wrote:

This morning on the central line I saw a 4 car double ended 92 stock unit
coupled to a single ended unit. I didn't think any 92 stock was set up as
a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

Forum Jump