Showing results 1 to 25 of 336
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Forum: London Transport March 10th 11, 05:34 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Is it too much to expect buses to actually stop at bus stops?

Presumably the research didn't include those I see on almost every bus
journey who signal the bus too late (either with a V...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 11, 04:01 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
A good argument against the bendy bus

I am no fan of bendybuses, but would put forward this appalling video
as much stronger evidence for banning Bob Crowe and his ilk!

M.M.
Forum: London Transport December 7th 10, 06:23 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
"Oyster Card barrier blunders cost passengers £

On Dec 7, 1:56*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 05:36:51 -0800 (PST)

take a bus, but anyone on Oyster PAYG would have to touch out at...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 10, 05:41 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

On Nov 16, 4:54*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:00:07 on
Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Bruce remarked:

Forum: London Transport November 15th 10, 07:55 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

It seems that this is another example of Network Rail wanting to turn
a prime site into a shopping centre, but just about tolerating
passengers (as being the prime source of customers for the...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 10, 11:49 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
District distress

Thanks for those helpful insights. So Olympia trains (to/from) have
the potential to block any line EXCEPT the line from Wimbledon into
platform 2, which has nothing obstructing it (except of course...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 10, 06:32 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
District distress

I agree about the speed issue, and seemingly nonsensical signal hold-
ups.

Why, for example, is the Eastbound District Line ALWAYS held up as it
approaches Earl's Court - from either the Wimbledon...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 10, 11:04 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Acton Tram Depot

I was very saddened to see the site of Acton Tram Depot in Uxbridge
Road: the old shed (and latterly bus garage) is nearly totally
demolised. What a shame that it could not have been saved...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 10, 08:19 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Waterloo Eurostar platforms and "The Railway Children"

On May 4, 6:51�pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:

Surely the platforms weren't stolen from the commuters, as only people
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 10, 01:02 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Waterloo Eurostar platforms and "The Railway Children"

Now, I don't want to be a killjoy, and the thought of the wonderful
story "The Railway Children" being recreated with a real steam engine
in central London fills me with joy (I only heard about it...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 10, 04:28 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
LUL Job Cuts

On Mar 11, 2:06�pm, Mizter T wrote:
On Mar 11, 1:40�pm, Paul wrote:

Reported on BBC News.

Forum: London Transport February 27th 10, 12:18 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster a real time waster

Yesterday I tried using my Oyster card on National Rail for the first
time. �In just 2 NR journeys and 2 tube trips I got at least...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 10, 05:06 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
District Line is crap

Just why is the District Line run so badly?

I rarely use it nowadays, thank God, but had the misfortune to use it
this morning (11th Janaury 2010), beginning my journey at Fulham
Broadway at...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 09, 03:16 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Rights of successors to British Transport Commission

On Dec 30, 1:12�pm, "Richard J." wrote:
wrote on 30 December 2009 12:08:27 ...

On Dec 30, 9:39 am, "Richard J."...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 09, 12:08 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Rights of successors to British Transport Commission

On Dec 30, 9:39*am, "Richard J." wrote:
Desmo Paul wrote on 30 December 2009 07:38:35 ....

Does anyone know about the British...
Forum: London Transport December 23rd 09, 01:05 PM
Replies: 105
Posted By [email protected]
Edgware Road: The interchange from hell

On Dec 23, 12:44�pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:26:05 -0000, "Paul Scott"

32 tph peak on the north...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 09, 03:38 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Doubledecker overturns in Battersea

On Dec 18, 12:05�am, wrote:
In article , (Roland

In message...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 09, 12:50 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Is it time for transport unions to be banned?

On Nov 21, 10:03�am, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:28:19 -0800 (PST), "

I heard Crow on the local news this evening...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 09, 11:28 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Is it time for transport unions to be banned?

On Nov 20, 5:46�pm, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:56:52 -0600,

In article ,
Forum: London Transport November 7th 09, 11:53 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Baker St. memorial.

On Nov 6, 9:02�pm, E27002 wrote:
On Nov 6, 12:50�pm, Bruc wrote:

A letter appears in The Telegraph today saying:

SIR -...
Forum: London Transport October 16th 09, 06:07 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
"Sling him under a train"

On Oct 16, 4:26�pm, MIG wrote:

"Paul Terry" wrote in...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 09, 05:57 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
RMT ******s

On Oct 12, 4:41�pm, wrote:
http://www.lbc.co.uk/threat-of-more-tube-strikes-14528

B2003

Boltar, your heading says it all!

It'll be a close-run thing as to which of...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 09, 09:12 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
Theres nowt as dumb as LUL

On Aug 5, 7:23�am, MIG wrote:
On 4 Aug, 23:03, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:51:56 -0700 (PDT), "

Forum: London Transport August 4th 09, 08:51 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
Theres nowt as dumb as LUL

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 06:27:10 -0500 ...
Forum: London Transport July 11th 09, 10:16 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By [email protected]
Another Oyster problem

On Jul 11, 10:02�pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:40:46 -0700 (PDT), Mr Thant

wrote:
TfL call...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 336

Forum Jump