Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Firth
Forum: London Transport April 14th 13, 09:50 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve Firth
Nigel Farage open top bus tour

Adrian wrote:
[snip]

http://snipurl.com/26ttgvc

(and, just to confirm it all, look at the reg in the second pic)

Because its Farage (who on earth dressed him in those...
Forum: London Transport May 9th 11, 12:23 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Steve Firth
Black cab highway code

Adrian wrote:

but the "Trollblazer" 9-7x was even worse - a
Chevrolet Trailblazer with a Saab badge.

I defer to sir's clearly superior knowledge of how low GM were...
Forum: London Transport May 9th 11, 11:32 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By Steve Firth
Black cab highway code

Bruce wrote:

It could be worse, though: look at what GM's ownership did to Saab!

Fortunately they never sold the model that represented the lowest point
of GM's ownership...
Forum: London Transport May 9th 11, 10:03 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By Steve Firth
Black cab highway code

Adrian wrote:

(Steve Firth) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Just one more reason why Volvos are ****e. That and the fact...
Forum: London Transport May 9th 11, 08:59 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By Steve Firth
Black cab highway code

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at
05:54:35 on Mon, 9 May 2011, Neil Williams
remarked:
Forum: London Transport May 8th 11, 02:46 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Steve Firth
Black cab highway code

Nick Finnigan wrote:

except on a road which is a restricted road for the purposes of section 81
of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984

Are you arguing that a motorway is such...
Forum: London Transport May 7th 11, 10:03 AM
Replies: 114
Posted By Steve Firth
Black cab highway code

Bruce wrote:

Also a mini-cab driver had no clue that he should have had headlights
not side lights on when...
Forum: London Transport May 4th 11, 06:37 PM
Replies: 114
Posted By Steve Firth
Black cab highway code

Mr Pounder wrote:

I pray that I never see the south again.

I'm sure that the feeling is reciprocated.
Forum: London Transport March 22nd 11, 04:53 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

Roland Perry wrote:

uk.railway would have been a more traditional choice.

Yes, at least there any proposal involving rail would have been met with
fawning adulation and you...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 11, 06:20 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

John B wrote:

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

I've literally just been to the National Rail website and
seen the GBP28.50 fares that I mentioned. I've even taken a screenshot:
Forum: London Transport March 21st 11, 07:31 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

On 2011-03-21, John B wrote:
(Steve Firth) wrote in
:
Forum: London Transport March 21st 11, 07:31 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

John B wrote:

I'd like to believe that NR rigs their website so that objectionable
dickheads get offered higher fares than everyone else

In which case you would be paying...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 11, 06:57 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

John B wrote:

(Steve Firth) wrote in
:
It was nonsense Steve in that you'd singularly failed to...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 11, 06:46 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

John B wrote:

(Steve Firth) wrote in
:
It was nonsense Steve in that you'd singularly failed to...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 11, 11:31 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

Mizter T wrote:

Picking one day in isolation is unlikely...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 11, 06:23 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

Roland Perry wrote:

Picking one day in isolation is unlikely to give a balanced view.

I agree with you, John B's post was complete ****e.
Forum: London Transport March 20th 11, 06:23 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

Mizter T wrote:

On Mar 20, 2:39 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Shame that's nonsense though.

Forum: London Transport March 20th 11, 06:23 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
08:40:49 on Sun, 20 Mar 2011, Mizter T ...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 11, 01:39 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By Steve Firth
Why no assigned platforms?

Mizter T wrote:

Shame that's nonsense though.

Except it's not. Fares, as presumably you are aware, change based upon
demand and availability.
Forum: London Transport November 12th 10, 06:13 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Steve Firth
Idiotic traffic plod

Ret. wrote:

I was not there and I was not dealing with it so I don't know - and neither
do you.

Is it something to do with traffic policing being a police officers'
graveyard...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 10, 12:37 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By Steve Firth
Idiotic traffic plod

bod wrote:

Years ago the police said that they would take drastic action on the roads.
This being to teach us all a lesson in being more careful.

Kev? Any...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 10, 06:51 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Steve Firth
Bus Drivers Indulging In Road Rage

Turk182 wrote:

On about one third of the London buses I travel on, I sense the driver
shows very poor appreciation of either passenger comfort or of the
passenger's...
Forum: London Transport January 31st 10, 10:00 PM
Replies: 293
Posted By Steve Firth
Conflict of Oyster Cards

stan5001 wrote:

Barclaycard - awful CS.

Couldn't agree more. Another "Lets outsource it to India and provide the
workers with a first line script that doesn't...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 09, 03:13 PM
Replies: 298
Posted By Steve Firth
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Adrian wrote:

Oh, I dunno. I thought he was quite safe on those grounds, since it's
taken him the thick end of a week to come up with it.

Hansen's concept of defending...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 09, 01:58 PM
Replies: 298
Posted By Steve Firth
Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

David Hansen wrote:

On 16 Apr 2009 20:24:54 GMT someone who may be Adrian
wrote this:-

So you were well aware of the fact you were...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118

Forum Jump