Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Brown
Forum: London Transport March 18th 05, 02:57 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Brown
Cheapest way to extend Bakerloo south of E&C?

Tom Anderson wrote in message ...

While depriving people on the Hayes...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 05, 02:02 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Brown
Cheapest way to extend Bakerloo south of E&C?

I'm going to assume that extensive tunneling is out of the question
here for reasons of expense but could the Bakerloo be linked up
'easily' to any of the NR lines around there? The tube is fairly...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 04, 12:01 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Jim Brown
East London Line extension news

I am disappointed that the scheme was modified from the earlier
proposals which...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 04, 02:53 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Jim Brown
Too many bus stops in london?

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in message ...
"John Rowland" typed

"Boltar"...
Forum: London Transport October 29th 04, 01:31 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Jim Brown
Spooks and Sliding Doors

Roland Perry wrote in message ...
Since when can a station controller close the doors on a tube train?

And like the...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 03:14 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Jim Brown
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

In message , at
02:33:12 on Wed, 13...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 09:33 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Jim Brown
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

"R.C. Payne" wrote in message ...
Solar Penguin wrote:

If the Bank of England...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 03:16 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Jim Brown
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

If the Bank of England sacrificed its vaults (Very little use for them
now, with the gold sold off) and Cannon Street St was put underground
(Plus a new tunnel under the Thames), would a tunnel...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 04, 01:05 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Jim Brown
Holborn Viaduct

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message ...

Forum: London Transport September 17th 04, 01:39 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Jim Brown
Manchester tram and others

marcb wrote in message ...
Originally it was about £500m with £300m coming from central
government. Now it is...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 04, 02:14 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Brown
Crossrail consultation at that church round the back of Centrepoint

Went here the other night and saw the usual stuff plus some nice 3D
drawings of the underground stations.

Interestingly TCR station was only going to have 3, albeit big,
entrances instead of the...
Forum: London Transport September 7th 04, 09:31 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Brown
Unenforced traffic ban on oxford street

So its the most famous street in London where normal traffic isnt
allowed but it doesnt seem to be enforced at all leading to quite a
lot of supposedly banned traffic using it.

Or does it mean that...

Forum: London Transport July 19th 04, 10:22 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Jim Brown
Chiltern platform extensions

Guy Gorton wrote in message ...
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:35:19 +0100, Dave Arquati

Forum: London Transport July 1st 04, 12:06 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim Brown
National Rail affected by Tube Strike?

Spyke wrote in message ...
In message , Jason
writes
On...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 04, 02:37 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Brown
Vauxhall bus station again

The praying mantis shape now seems to have had galvinized corrigated
steel fixed to the sides. Tell me this isnt how its supposed too
look?????
Forum: London Transport May 20th 04, 03:55 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Jim Brown
South Side of Vauxhall Bridge

Forum: London Transport February 24th 04, 01:21 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Brown
Brixton turning loop

Forum: London Transport January 8th 04, 10:32 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim Brown
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map

Has anyone seen or produced a map with Walford marked on? I'm guessing
it would be in the Bow area somewhere.

Also will Coronation Street be making it onto the Eccles arm of
Metrolink?
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 03, 12:07 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim Brown
Oystercard - not quite as useful as we were led to believe

Forum: London Transport December 16th 03, 10:04 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim Brown
Oystercard - not quite as useful as we were led to believe

(Neil Williams) wrote in message ...

So someone...
Forum: London Transport December 15th 03, 03:02 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Jim Brown
Tottenham Court Road escalators, December 2003.

congokid wrote in message ...
In article , Gordon Joly
Forum: London Transport December 1st 03, 11:08 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Brown
New Years Eve/Day transport

People are telling me that the tubes are going to run for 24 hours
this new year. Is this true or will only be the usual extra hour
before total shut down?
Forum: London Transport October 16th 03, 07:13 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Brown
Brixton Third Escalator

Talking to staff the other night it seems the 3rd escalator might not
open till the spring now as the power supply hasnt been sorted out for
it.

Isn't this exactly what happened at TCR?
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 03, 08:59 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Brown
Euston Square station works

"Kippo Oppik" wrote in message ...
Anyone have any information about when the new Gower Street exit at Euston
Square will...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26

Forum Jump