Showing results 1 to 25 of 133
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PhilD
Forum: London Transport May 30th 15, 06:18 PM
Replies: 137
Posted By PhilD
Overground article

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 12:12:27 AM UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:
Not sure when MTR Crossrail's concession lasts until.

Sometime in 2023...
Forum: London Transport May 21st 15, 10:44 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By PhilD
New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,TfL Rail

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 3:29:17 PM UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:
The new Tube map incorporating the new parts of LO and also TfL Rail can
be seen in PDF format via this link:
Forum: London Transport December 16th 13, 06:03 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By PhilD
Tramlin tracks question

On Monday, December 16, 2013 5:13:51 PM UTC, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
Take a look at theTramlink tracks near Church Street tram stop at this
Google Streetview link: http://goo.gl/maps/3w0p7
Forum: London Transport October 5th 13, 08:33 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By PhilD
Driverless Trains

In message , at 23:51:57 on Fri, 4 Oct 2013, " ...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 13, 01:08 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By PhilD
Tube Lines Could Be Sponsored To Reduce Fares

On Jun 3, 12:22*pm, JNugent wrote:
Perhaps the Tolstoy estate would be interested in a Warren Peace Street.

Tee hee, nice!

PhilD

Forum: London Transport May 18th 13, 08:38 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By PhilD
Tube map with circular design

On May 17, 4:03*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
It's a shame they couldn't arrange for the Circle Line to be a circle.
Rather spoils the whole thing, I think.

I disagree. The...
Forum: London Transport February 9th 13, 10:46 AM
Replies: 75
Posted By PhilD
Repeated traffic light failure

On Feb 9, 12:08*am, "Richard J." wrote:
Offramp wrote on 08 February 2013 21:33:31 ...

"....HAS gone down."
Can't be a good...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 12, 08:58 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By PhilD
New LO in car line diagram for ELLX Phase 2

On Nov 29, 8:09*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

I don't see what is wrong with the map. It shows the services,

except for the Battersea Park service...!

(OK, I know there isn't...
Forum: London Transport October 25th 12, 08:54 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By PhilD
Things trapped in doors.

On Oct 25, 6:50*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
But surely the train shouldn't be able to set off at all, in those
circumstances?

Is it not that the train can run at a very low...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 12, 10:11 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By PhilD
12 yr old boy ends up in sidings

On Oct 10, 8:31*pm, Scott wrote:
Why 430 Volts? *Do they reduce the voltage in sidings for safety
reasons?

No, that's normal (with minus 220-or-so [1] at the...
Forum: London Transport August 20th 12, 08:14 PM
Replies: 62
Posted By PhilD
Underground Maps Unravelled

I'm not buying a smartphone just to read a map. Navigating a metro system
is hardly rocket science. A map on a wall is all anyone needs unless...
Forum: London Transport August 4th 12, 01:38 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By PhilD
M25 widening proposal

On Aug 4, 11:13*am, Walter Briscoe
wrote:
Variable mandatory speed limits, displayed on overhead ...

Aren't all existing motorway limits 'mandatory'? They are not,...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 12, 10:02 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By PhilD
City Thameslink Station

When I pass through City Thameslink Station at weekends it seems
almost a ghost station, with no passengers in sight. How...
Forum: London Transport May 23rd 12, 08:51 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By PhilD
East London Line closed this Sunday for resignalling work

On May 23, 9:23*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Er... * Ignore that, *I've now found a note in Quail Vol 5 to it being the
future 'Silwood Junction'.

.... and that is...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 12, 08:57 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By PhilD
Central line trains front end

On Apr 20, 12:39*am, Robert Neville wrote:
The original cab design let the rain in, with sticky tape having to be
used to...
Forum: London Transport December 24th 11, 06:29 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By PhilD
Pedicabs: a public nuisance on the public highway

On Dec 24, 12:49*pm, Robin9 wrote
(quoting another article):

Pedicabs ... can cause serious disruption to road users in central London..

They are often...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 11, 08:40 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By PhilD
"Geographically accurate Tube Map"

On Jun 26, 6:43*pm, Martin Petrov
wrote:
http://london-tubemap.com/

I know we all know that the tube map is far from geographically accurate
and there...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 11, 02:05 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By PhilD
A good argument against the bendy bus

On Jan 5, 11:32*am, George wrote:
See:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=870_1293539979

Would anybody seriously suggest this is acceptable?

At least one...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 11, 10:34 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By PhilD
Victoria line map

On Jan 1, 5:58*pm, wrote:
If I look on a map , east is on the right, west on the left. I'm afraid
the direction of travel argument is just BS. You might as well say turn
Forum: London Transport November 15th 10, 12:10 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By PhilD
Underground Exits - Tourists v.v. Regulars

On Nov 15, 12:05*pm, "tim...." wrote:
No, it's because they don't know any different route.

If you don't know, why would you try it?

.... and who says that...
Forum: London Transport October 30th 10, 09:58 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By PhilD
ABBey 1234 (020 7222 1234) enquiry number is no more

On Oct 29, 10:39*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
You may find there is an 020 0 or 020 1 number luring behind the new 0843
one. At some point I may investigate it. Train tracker (national rail) hides
Forum: London Transport October 19th 10, 08:53 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By PhilD
Rail Fares again - but what does this figure mean?

Mind you, the ORR is a trifle confused itself. It insists on referring
to the Scottish national operator as First Scotrail, when it...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 10, 08:32 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By PhilD
Can you identify this train?

On 12 Oct, 08:31, PhilD wrote:

Rubbish intended for elsewhere

Sorry all, this was intended for uk.railway!

Ignore me...

PhilD
Forum: London Transport October 12th 10, 08:31 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By PhilD
Can you identify this train?

All,

My parents were on holiday near Carlisle last week, and saw a train,
the description of which I cannot place.

The facts as relayed to me a

* seen two days running (Monday 4 and Tuesday 5?)...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 10, 10:16 AM
Replies: 63
Posted By PhilD
Tube Trains Sent On Collision Course

On 10 Sep, 09:46, "Richard J." wrote:
I note that in the online version of the story, the alleged Jubilee line
"similar incident" has become a "similar...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 133

Forum Jump