Showing results 1 to 25 of 174
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Tolley[_2_]
Forum: London Transport June 27th 11, 01:57 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Yet another person hit by a train at Southall

Basil Jet wrote:

On 2011\06\27 09:47, George wrote:

Sadly this section of line has a high suicide rate.

Some signs are needed... "Passengers considering suicide should use
Drayton...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 11, 09:45 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Oyster - a £60 million a year rip-off

Kevin Ayton wrote:

On 21/06/2011 08:00, Neil Williams wrote:

I recently paid £1.90 to ride an escalator. Up and down, mind you,...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 11, 09:56 AM
Replies: 48
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
DLR Canning Town Stratford International - still not opened ...

Dr J R Stockton wrote:

In uk.transport.london message , Wed, 15
Jun 2011 10:39:30, posted:

Apparently the works at Henleys...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 11, 09:51 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Elderly lady has suspected stroke and is locked in a store room by Station Manager

Graeme Wall wrote:

On 15/06/2011 15:36, Chris wrote:
If that were a stroke, the paramedic would have had an ambulance
called& the woman evacuated very quickly.

CJB - did you see this...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 11, 04:47 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Tox to be boxed

wrote:

An opportunity was missed when hunting was banned. The participants
should have been encouraged by rewards and appropriate legislation to
hunt down vandals and...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 11, 04:30 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Tox to be boxed

Graeme Wall wrote:

On 08/06/2011 15:19, Chris Tolley wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

Forum: London Transport June 8th 11, 03:19 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Tox to be boxed

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Recliner wrote:

On...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 11, 03:18 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Tox to be boxed

Recliner wrote:

wrote in message

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:55:31 +0100
The...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 11, 05:00 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
South Tottenham and GOBLIN electrification

Mwmbwls wrote:

Although part of the original plan was to link the MML to Hornsey via
Gospel Oak, the plans were revised following objections from local
residents to the scale of the proposed...
Forum: London Transport May 30th 11, 03:35 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
South Tottenham and GOBLIN electrification

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Chris Tolley wrote:

short platforms at South Tottenham station (necessitated by the
junctions at either end)

Back in the day, when the service ran from...
Forum: London Transport May 30th 11, 07:55 AM
Replies: 34

TheOneKEA wrote:

short platforms at South Tottenham station (necessitated by the
junctions at either end)

Back in the day, when the service ran from Kentish Town, it was 4-car
DMUs with people...
Forum: London Transport May 13th 11, 12:24 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

Tom Anderson wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2011, Chris Tolley wrote:
Looked at like that, US counties are not equivalent to UK counties, but
rather to UK hundreds and wapentakes.

Oh,...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 11, 08:36 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

Basil Jet wrote:

On Wed, 11 May 2011 08:44:59 +0100, Chris
(ukonline really) wrote in...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 11, 08:44 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

Free Lunch wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2011 23:06:08 +0100, Chris Tolley
(ukonline really) wrote in misc.transport.urban-transit:

If I told my neighbrs...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 11, 11:06 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

1506 wrote:

If I told my neighbrs in Washoe County, Nevada that I grew up in
Buckinghamshire they would not relate that to a county, "Shire" is
obscure in North America.

It briefly comes to...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 11, 05:46 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

wrote:

Technically accurate, thought provoking, and appeals to one who mildly
Aspergers. *Why do our friends accross the...
Forum: London Transport May 9th 11, 11:33 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

Jamie Thompson wrote:

On May 9, 9:47*am, wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2011 08:18:45 +0100

Not specifically Irish, but...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 11, 03:27 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Hils wrote:

The solution to such things does not lie in inviting all of the world's
downtrodden to what is already the most densely-populated country in
Europe, and which already has 1...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 11, 04:51 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

wrote:

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:39:33 +0100
So, let's transpose the situation. You've gone to Gazumboland on...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 11, 10:39 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

wrote:

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:22:31 +0100
They may not even understand the language. How on earth do you...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 02:22 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Hils wrote:

Chris Tolley wrote:
Hils wrote:
Odd how we read more about Asian [sic] women being "victims" than about
unemployed men.

women of Asian heritage who are driven to take...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 11:52 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Neil Williams wrote:

On Apr 5, 11:44*am, Chris Tolley (ukonline

And reassurance. *The human factor is very important, but often
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 10:44 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Neil Williams wrote:

On Apr 5, 11:12*am, Chris Tolley (ukonline

Until those investigating at the scene have actually said, "okay, we've
finished...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 10:12 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Neil Williams wrote:

It's not just a question of "damn the crime scene, get the trains
running", there are other railway lines and other...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 10:02 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris Tolley[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Hils wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:13:21 on Tue, 5
Apr 2011, Graeme Wall remarked: