Showing results 1 to 25 of 164
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe
Forum: London Transport March 30th 05, 04:33 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe
Tv Show on Itv Lastnight

I doNt know if anyone caught the Tv show on Itv1 London @ 1930 last
night, about buses in London.
They came up with a figure like £56million is being lost thanks to fare
dodgers on Bendi-buses....
Forum: London Transport March 27th 05, 05:16 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe
NCP to run Buses?

From TfL Press Room
/*
Competition for contracts in London’s £1.4 billion-a-year bus market
is increasing as Transport for London (TfL) announces that National Car
Parks (NCP) has been awarded...
Forum: London Transport March 24th 05, 05:24 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Joe
How Long to Buy a Ticket

wrote:
What are suggesting, that I drive to say St Albans and start my journey
there because Thameslink aren't as uselss as Silverlink.

IME it's completely the opposite!...
Forum: London Transport March 18th 05, 06:39 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Joe
Stretched SUV

I saw what I thought was a stretch SUV parked on the King's Road one
evening sometime last year. A closer inspection revealed that it was
actually two, the front end of one connected by a...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 05, 08:07 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Joe
Pay & Display Machines

At onStreet Pay & Display machines, nearly all of the parking attendants
press some buttons on the front of them, wait about 5 seconds then walk
away. Does anyone know what buttons they are...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 05, 05:57 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe
advice please - pool inside M25 for tour team stay

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:
How about Aylesbury, at Stoke Mandeville there's a new gym/pool complex
and accommodation attached, and it's only an hour from Marylebone station!

Except it's...
Forum: London Transport March 7th 05, 07:10 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Joe
News Flash: Epping and Ongar line Easter Opening dates!!!

Bus from Epping. EOR run one service and there's also a "normal" bus
services to Ongar.

Can you board the EOR at Nth Weald or Ongar?
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 05, 04:57 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe
More Trains for Dunbar

James wrote:
I must say I'm delighted for the denizens of Dunbar, but do you
realise this is uk.transport.LONDON ?

Hence the reason I cancelled the message about 2 mins after I posted It
--
To...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 05, 05:35 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe
More Trains for Dunbar

VT & GNER plan more trains from June
/*
http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/news.html#news252
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 05, 09:02 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe
(Another) Film Poster Banned

London Underground chiefs have banned posters for a new film about
controversial sex professor Alfred Kinsey.

Advertisements for the Oscar-nominated movie, starring Liam Neeson, have
been censored...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 05, 08:26 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe
U-turn on horror poster

From: This is London
/*
Tube chiefs have been forced into an embarrassing U-turn after banning
posters for a horror film about murder on the Underground.
The adverts for Creep were not allowed on...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 05, 09:18 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Joe
London Underground Song

wrote:
Some people might find this funny. I don't think tube drivers will
though.
http://www.flybudget.com/LondonUnderground.mp3

ROFL
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 05, 06:47 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe
One Day Tube Ticket

It's actually 80p for under-18s. All this information is in the fares
leaflet, for which a link is provided on the web page you referenced
(though they got the page number wrong, it's page 20...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 05, 05:49 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe
One Day Tube Ticket

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tickets/2005/one-day/tube-group.shtml
Is this off=peak only, and Is it really 80p for Under 17s, that seems
very cheap?
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 05, 04:03 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe
travel card

Ian Tindale wrote:
You called nobody?

Well, they say nobody's perfect, so seems like a good person to phone if
you ask me :-)
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with...
Forum: London Transport December 27th 04, 05:45 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Joe
Opposition to rail plan voiced

JWBA68 wrote:
CAMPAIGNERS met on Wednesday night to discuss their plight to Keep Croxley "
Green".

I know a way to keep Croxley Green. Why not encourage people out of
their cars and onto the...
Forum: London Transport December 27th 04, 02:39 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe
No drivers on busiest line after 2010

Richard J. wrote:
"There will be no more drivers on Line 1 from 2010. STIF [the Parisian
equivalent of TfL] has just given its green light to the project to
automate this line, ... the busiest...
Forum: London Transport December 27th 04, 01:47 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Joe
Bus Etching Problem

Southern have done that with their refurbished 455s (obviously,
combined with replacement of the ruined windows!) Some Thameslink 319s
also seem to have it applied in random fashion - but for...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 04, 07:29 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe
Commuter Strike - 20th Dec.

Malcolm & Nika wrote:
So that was a huge succes then.

Oh, crumbs. I completely forgot :P
Forum: London Transport December 21st 04, 04:37 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe
New Vic-Line Trains

In the new trains planned for the Victoria Line, will they be
articulated, similar to the DLR (or another kind, similar to line 1 of
the Paris metro), or will they be the "Conventional" type used...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 04, 02:32 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe
TfL eCards

Peter Smyth wrote:
Why don't you just ask your mum?

Was my 1st port of call, she can't remember.
Forum: London Transport December 20th 04, 08:37 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe
TfL eCards

Richard J. wrote:
Why would you want to send a card saying "Season's greetings from
Transport for London" when you don't work for them?

Because I know a friend who would chuckle if he received...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 04, 07:24 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe
TfL eCards

My mum (who works for TfL) sent me this eCard this morning:
https://secure.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/seasonal/cards/card.asp?uniqueID=319118678569793980
However, I can't seem to find out, myself how you can...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 04, 01:18 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Joe
Bus Etching Problem

I normally travel on buses around the central area, but on my way
shopping yesterday, around Wembely, almost every window on the top deck
of the bus seemed to be etched on. Is this just a problem...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 04, 10:47 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe
Oyster pre Pay Via Marylebone

TheOneKEA wrote:
Perhaps you should do as I did and get ahold of a Passenger Feedback
form, and on it, indicate that you think the indicators should be
placed in a friendlier location.

Im not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 164

Forum Jump