Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Howdon
Forum: London Transport January 4th 08, 04:46 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By David Howdon
Oyster Refunds

dB wrote:

The paper vouchers are inconvenient for those of us who do regularly use the
underground, so why don't they give people the option of chosing their
preferred method of refunds?...
Forum: London Transport June 11th 07, 06:41 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By David Howdon
TFL Journey Planner - Walking option

kytelly wrote:
I'm trying to use the journey planner to work out the best walking
routes around London.

However for anything over 1 hour it sometimes claims no route
available, but this is...
Forum: London Transport May 17th 07, 09:59 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By David Howdon
Don't have coffee before riding the L.A. Metro Gold Line.

Neillw001 wrote:

Piccadilly Circus has toilets, but again outside the barrier. I
suppose they might have more to do with the local authority than TFL
though. There's some at Westminster just...
Forum: London Transport May 13th 07, 05:21 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By David Howdon
How to avoid fair evasion

Last week I had call to make a journey from Sudbury Hill to Kings Cross.
There are two options for making this journey

1) Take Piccadilly Line East to King's Cross. Zones used 1-4
2) Take...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 07, 08:32 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By David Howdon
In a LT minute

Richard J. wrote:

I think you'll find it says "Next train to XXXXXX *within* 5 min", so it is
actually correct (though not very helpful, as you say).

Although personally I prefer the (not...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 07, 10:08 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By David Howdon
Drug & Alcohol Policy

Ken wrote:
On 30 Mar 2007 03:18:34 -0700, "chunky munky"

The D&A Policy is applied to all LUL (and I guess TfL) staff. The
amount of alcohol...
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 07, 09:36 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By David Howdon
it's just for you - Trojan-infected file

Richard J. wrote:
wrote:
I'd like to make some friends, and the following is my pictures on
my blog,please contact me if you like me
Forum: London Transport December 18th 06, 09:51 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By David Howdon
W&C This Morning

Neillw001 wrote:

Is excessive dust the underground equivalent of the wrong kind of snow?

It was rather amusing on phoning the LU recorded information line that
morning to check how services...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 06, 08:57 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By David Howdon
F&*&%^& toilets

Neil Williams wrote:
Paul G wrote:

A slightly more accurate statement is that you pay (out of your taxes)
for the toilets to be manned between the times they are opened. So if
you want...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 06, 03:46 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By David Howdon
"44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

Mizter T wrote:
BBC News "Bid to make London walk-friendly"

"More than 44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around
London,...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 06, 05:04 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By David Howdon
Advice - overnight track works

Isaac Abraham wrote:
Last night LU took it upon themselves to work on the tracks just outisde
Harrow on the Hill tube station. They started sometime after 12am and
finished after 3am - our...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 06, 09:46 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By David Howdon
reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

asdf wrote:

At least Acton Town retains its old style indicators. These are
clearer and easier to read, especially for the partially sighted (you
can tell where the train's going just by the...
Forum: London Transport August 7th 06, 05:36 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By David Howdon
Commuting times

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,

In article...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 06, 09:10 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By David Howdon
Infraco's criticised again in 3rd annual PPP report

R.C. Payne wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
Like the sub-surface Underground lines, my unneccesary apostrophe
filter appears to be suffering from poor performance because of the
heat. I shall take...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 06, 04:57 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By David Howdon
Bike number plates mooted

wrote:

Moreover, all resident Members of the University were required to
obtain the Motor Proctor's written consent before having motor vehicle
in the City. I wonder whether...
Forum: London Transport July 23rd 06, 07:07 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By David Howdon
New Victoria Line Trains

Jack Taylor wrote:

The obvious solution would be electro-magnets, energised by a switch. Once
someone gets up and the seat returns to the upright position it stays there
until disengaged....
Forum: London Transport June 29th 06, 10:06 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By David Howdon
LUL false advertising

Mizter T wrote:

I think it's fair enough for the system designers to assume that with
this example the route taken would be via zone 1 on the Central Line. I
guess if you did want to go via...
Forum: London Transport May 19th 06, 10:50 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By David Howdon
PAYG and Ken on news

Dave Arquati wrote:

This is almost what happens on Silverlink Metro already; LU (paper)
singles are valid, as are NR cheap day singles/returns. You can choose
which to use depending on...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 06, 06:47 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By David Howdon
TfL journey planner

Tom Anderson wrote:
Afternoon all,

Has anyone got TfL's journey planner to work recently? It's always been
painfully slow, but lately, it doesn't even get as far as loading the
front...
Forum: London Transport May 4th 06, 06:41 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David Howdon
Hot weather precautions

Delays on the district line today were being blamed on "hot weather
precautions" by the station announcements.

What precautions are these? I've never heard of them as a cause of
delay...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 06, 09:49 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By David Howdon
Fines from IPFAS

tim (back at home) wrote:

My flatmate used my annual travelcard (paper ticket) on the...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 09:54 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By David Howdon
difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card

Peter Smyth wrote:
"David Howdon" wrote in
message ...
Is there a difference between the Record...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 02:41 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By David Howdon
difference between Gold Record Card and Record Card

Is there a difference between the Record Card given to me when I
purchased a travel card earlier today and the Gold Record Card which I
received when purchasing the ticket last year?

--
To...
Forum: London Transport March 26th 06, 10:30 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By David Howdon
Kings Cross Shut - Thursday

wrote:

I'm sure we've all seen people refuse to pass down
the platform, block entrances and exits in large groups and do other
things to endanger safety.

Do these...
Forum: London Transport March 22nd 06, 09:40 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By David Howdon
Oyster travelcards on Bendibuses

Tristán White wrote:
The inspector's handheld machine did not show I had entered in Old Street,
it said that I was on the DLR illegally, and it didn't show that I had a
year season ticket for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54

Forum Jump