Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ONscotland
Forum: London Transport April 27th 15, 09:47 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By ONscotland
Peter Hendy lambasts Southeastern

SouthEastern are actually OK, it's Southern that has deteriorated over the years.

His attack on South West Trains is odd too as I think they are brilliant, and certainly come across as trying to do...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 11, 03:10 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By ONscotland
Is This A Joke? - London The Easiest City In Europe To Get Around

On 7 July, 10:44, Paul wrote:
Saw this article on BBC news

If London is the easiest city in Europe to get around,...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 07, 08:03 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By ONscotland
Bus route 59 extended to link Waterloo and Kings X / St. Pancras

On 1 Nov, 20:38, (Neil Williams) wrote:
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:05:58 -0700, Mizter T

Thanks, that sounds likely. I'd overlooked the...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 07, 10:05 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By ONscotland
Am I the only person who likes Bendy Buses

I've always liked them. Even when they spontaneously combusted. ;)
I don't completely agree with the assumption that they attract fare
evaders, mainly because unlike other buses, you only have to be...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 07, 09:10 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By ONscotland
Eastfields Level Crossing

On 5 Oct, 13:16, Standing at HN28 signal
Hi all, there has been talk for some years that a station would be
built near to Eastfields Level Crossing (between...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 07, 08:58 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By ONscotland
Next Week's Strike

On 1 Sep, 08:19, John B wrote:
On 1 Sep, 00:54, MIG wrote:

On Fri,...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 07, 12:25 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By ONscotland
Feral Gang Steaming Heathrow Connect

Weird. I have never ever seen a policeman do that.
This isn't one of these stories that the Daily Mail likes to air from
time to time is it?
B.
Forum: London Transport July 8th 07, 07:28 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By ONscotland
Reuters announce Chiltern Railways for sale

On 7 Jul, 22:33, wrote:
On 7 Jul, 18:42, ONscotland wrote:

On 6 Jul, 03:20, TheOneKEA...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 07, 05:42 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By ONscotland
Reuters announce Chiltern Railways for sale

On 6 Jul, 08:44, wrote:
On 6 Jul, 03:20, TheOneKEA wrote:

Possible bidders would...
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 07, 09:11 AM
Replies: 64
Posted By ONscotland
Stagecoach win East Midlands franchise

Interesting, that's two franchises now where warning has been given of
increases in off-peak fares has been (though it's not...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 07, 08:02 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By ONscotland
DLR Penalty Fares

On 14 Jun, 23:01, MIG wrote:
On Jun 14, 8:53 am, Offramp wrote:

Forum: London Transport May 20th 07, 01:08 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By ONscotland
Chiltern Annual Travelcard Benefits

Chiltern Railways now have new benefits for Travelcard holders who buy
a Season ticket from them.

"If you buy a monthly (or longer) season ticket to London or a monthly
London Travelcard season...
Forum: London Transport April 8th 07, 12:46 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By ONscotland
Kensington Olympia TO Oxford

According to Virgin Trains' website, there is a train tomorrow (9
April) at 1037hrs, arriving Oxford 1206hrs.

Trying to book a ticket for this service is proving very difficult.
The website offers...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 07, 11:20 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By ONscotland
Season Tickets from Herts to London - price confusion

Avoid Seasons Direct!

I was going to use it as I liked the idea of unlimited weekend travel
on One (my local railway is actually a Southern station in Zone 3) and
yes, it added a train pass and a...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 07, 08:49 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By ONscotland
St Pancras 'Midland Road'

Some people are already calling the Thameslink station 'St. Pancras
Midland Road Low Level' and the MML platforms 'St. Pancras...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 07, 08:44 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By ONscotland
Fasttrack ticket collection

On 17 Mar, 00:06, "Tristán White"
Can anyone tell me why Waterloo, one of the city's major stations, does not
have the ability to print out a pre-paid...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 07, 11:41 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By ONscotland
Companion Network Card

I have an annual gold card which incorporates a Gold Network Card.

I also got a companion Network Railcard for £1. I thought that perhaps
the more restrictive Network Card conditions would apply to...
Forum: London Transport November 18th 06, 09:56 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By ONscotland
456 in Southern colours

So far I think it is just the one train, but it is in the full Southern
colour scheme.
What a contrast to the others in the fleet, which have never been
changed from the faded Network SouthEast...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 06, 08:02 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By ONscotland
Blackfriars Railway Bridge

Paul Scott wrote:
Forum: London Transport October 18th 06, 07:52 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By ONscotland
Trouble finding a hotel!

Early November is dear because of World Travel Market.

Some recommendations...

www.travelodge.co.uk - some great locations in London inc. Covent
Garden
www.thehoxtonhotel.co.uk - a new hotel near...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 06, 09:16 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By ONscotland
Can I buy myself a discounted Network Railcard?

Does this mean that the Gold Card discounts still apply even if the
holder's annual travelcard has expired?

B.

Ken wrote:

Forum: London Transport October 2nd 06, 04:45 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By ONscotland
Gold Card scheme

This is correct - I regularly get local journeys for about £1 using
the Gold Card. You can also take three friends who will enjoy the same
benefits if travelling together.

B.

In...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 06, 07:34 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By ONscotland
Gold Card scheme

Fig wrote:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para 6.6.3,
"You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the...
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 06, 12:17 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By ONscotland
South West Trains retain franchise

On the whole I think this is good news, and they have made a
committment to Island Line too.
Forum: London Transport September 18th 06, 07:10 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By ONscotland
Southern 456

What is the story with the 456 trains?

Southern have done what I consider a half-hearted re-furb, they look
very dull inside compared to the 455s, although the new seat covers are
an improvement....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44

Forum Jump