Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SamB
Forum: London Transport October 24th 10, 11:06 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By SamB
Making an immediate return with Oyster

Hi all

In the near future, I am intending to make a journey from Brockley to
East Croydon, to meet a friend coming from Gatwick Airport, and then
bringing him back to Brockley. How do I do this with...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 09, 05:05 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By SamB
DLR new station

On Dec 5, 10:37*am, Paul G wrote:
In message , Paul G
writes

In message...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 09, 11:49 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By SamB
Cannot get Railcard discount loaded on to Oyster

On Nov 28, 11:09*pm, Clive Page wrote:
According to TfL, it should be possible to get certain National
Railcards (such as a Senior Railcard) loaded on to an Oyster card so
Forum: London Transport October 18th 09, 12:27 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By SamB
Touching in on DLR replacement buses

On Oct 17, 11:54*pm, MIG wrote:

Quick...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 09, 09:50 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By SamB
Touching in on DLR replacement buses

Quick question - I'm planning on going to Stratford today, from
Deptford Bridge, on the DLR. So I'll be going to Island Gardens on the
DLR, then the replacement bus to Canary Wharf, then onwards on...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 09, 07:29 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By SamB
East London Line replacement bus ELC to be withdrawn?

On Sep 1, 7:45*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:06:41 +0100, "Paul Scott"

"Mizter T" ...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 08, 10:14 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By SamB
LT Goldcard

On Dec 19, 1:23*am, MIG wrote:
On Dec 19, 12:32*am, SamB wrote:

Forum: London Transport December 18th 08, 11:32 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By SamB
LT Goldcard

Good question, one that I've wondered about in the past. First off,
obviously the only National Rail ticket offices that deal...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 08, 06:55 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By SamB
Public Telephones In Underground System?

On Nov 29, 9:54*pm, Mr Thant

ISTR, West Ham towards Stratford and platform 4 eastbound Central at
Liverpool Street has a frame which used...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 08, 08:54 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By SamB
18-25 Railcard flag on Oyster

On Oct 18, 12:46*am, Barry Salter wrote:
Is there anyone on this group who has gone through the procedure, and
can tell me what exactly I should...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 08, 10:31 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By SamB
18-25 Railcard flag on Oyster

Hi

Since I've started prepaying again, I thought it would be worthwhile
to get the Railcard 'flag' set up on my Oyster. Went to Canada Water
ticket-office last night to do it, and was greeted by a...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 08, 11:43 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By SamB
Default Bus Announcement?

Today I was on a 21 in the Old Kent Road and on the approach to each
bus stop, both the display and the voice announced the same thing,...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 08, 05:03 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By SamB
quiet stations

On 5 Mar, 14:49, Mizter T wrote:
On 5 Mar, 14:30, wrote:

St Johns would have been...
Forum: London Transport February 8th 08, 11:25 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By SamB
Euston - Northern Line (City Branch)

On 7 Feb, 18:15, "Nicola Redwood" nicolaexternal-
wrote:

Forum: London Transport February 5th 08, 05:55 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By SamB
Euston - Northern Line (City Branch)

On 5 Feb, 18:46, "Nicola Redwood" nicolaexternal-
Anyone know if there is any reason behind a distinct lack of Northern Line
trains northbound to Edgware from the...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 07, 06:17 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By SamB
The East London Line is dead... Long live the East London Line

On 22 Dec, 07:34, Mizter T wrote:
Just as a (rather late in the day) heads up to anyone who may either
have forgotten or been unaware that London Underground's East London
Forum: London Transport December 17th 07, 07:44 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By SamB
Talking Buses

The version I've seen (on the 73 and 168) doesn't have any such
announcements - its vocabulary is just a list of stops, the number and
the destination. I do hope the rolled-out...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 07, 04:34 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By SamB
Railcard discounts on Oyster Prepay

On 16 Dec, 00:13, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,

Adult PAYG fares will...
Forum: London Transport November 26th 07, 11:09 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By SamB
TfL Journey Planner

On 26 Nov, 00:05, Mizter T wrote:

What frustrates me most at the moment is its insistence on checking
exactly what you meant. If I typed New Cross, and selected the
Forum: London Transport November 25th 07, 10:14 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By SamB
TfL Journey Planner

Mizter T wrote

I think the TfL JP can be quite helpful, and is constantly gradually
being improved, but it's best to take the results with a pinch of

salt.

What...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 07, 04:53 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By SamB
Oyster Card

Unless instructed otherwise they'll probably send you a refund
as a voucher thingy you have to cash at a ticket office which is a pain,

The advantage being that the voucher will be for the cash...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 07, 07:12 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By SamB
Travelcard question

OK, great. So in other words, I can indeed travel via Z1 with Z234
paper travelcard, yes? I understand that I could be in trouble if
someone catches me, but how can that happen? In DLR, there...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 07:24 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By SamB
Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

getting up to the surface at KXTL if
you have lots of bags is not fun.

It doesn't have to be bad... There's a bit of a secret route if you
don't want to go up the steps. Instead, when getting...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 07:20 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By SamB
Southeastern Railway staving off Oyster PAYG

On 29 Jan, 19:42, Paul Speller wrote:
I'm at the end of my tether with my local train operating company,
Southeastern Railway (SER hereafter).

They only took over the...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 07, 07:04 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By SamB
Anouncements on bus (was Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass)

Neil Williams wrote:

True. If all that is announced is "Pigeon Street", or "Next Stop
Pigeon Street" at most, it won't be disruptive - it IMO isn't on German
buses where such automatic...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29

Forum Jump