Showing results 1 to 25 of 382
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Basil Jet
Forum: London Transport March 17th 10, 01:24 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Basil Jet
East London Line 'trial service'

Incidentally, they were already running trains up to Dalston on Sunday 7th
March - not sure how far south they went. They had a power cut and two
trains got stranded at Dalston.

--
We are the...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 10, 01:21 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Basil Jet
East London Line 'trial service'

What's the depot called - Newer Cross?

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.
Forum: London Transport March 16th 10, 02:44 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By Basil Jet
Blackfriars Bridge widening

Bruce wrote:

you will need a subscription to
NCE magazine (£99 peer annum)

Oh Lord!

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.
Forum: London Transport March 16th 10, 12:18 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Basil Jet
Map: what is this?

wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

When was the...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 10, 01:55 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Basil Jet
Wheelchair

solar penguin wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible? Is
a billion a reasonable figure?

Forum: London Transport March 14th 10, 04:09 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Basil Jet
Wheelchair

Roughly how much is LU spending on making the network accessible? Is a
billion a reasonable figure? (Not per year but total project cost). I need
to know in order to make a point at a political...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 10, 03:28 AM
Replies: 91
Posted By Basil Jet
Eusless

Mizter T wrote:

Er, why is it all so "bloody obvious" - how so?

Because having a 120 mile HSL from the northwest and a 50 mile HSL from the
southeast both terminating in NW1 less than half a...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 10, 01:17 PM
Replies: 91
Posted By Basil Jet
Eusless

Mizter T wrote:

See the PDF leaflet:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/highspeedrail/londoneuston/pdf/leaflet.pdf

It doesn't make it clear whether the work involves rotating the station and...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 10, 03:49 AM
Replies: 91
Posted By Basil Jet
Eusless

Shouldn't the high speed line run from St Pancras, as an extension (via
reversal) of the Kent domestics?

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.
Forum: London Transport March 11th 10, 01:08 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Basil Jet
Replacement boat service on the Jubilee Line this weekend

Offramp wrote:

Anyway, it might be a nice spin out on a boat, 'for free'.

Without disagreeing with that, the Woolwich Ferry a few miles downstream is
free all the time.

--
We are the...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 10, 02:20 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Basil Jet
Google Streetview

More of London, Britain and Europe is now covered.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.
Forum: London Transport March 9th 10, 09:59 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Basil Jet
Splat Nav

Tim Fardell wrote:
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Richard J. wrote:

Basil Jet wrote on 08 March
2010 03:57:35 ...
Tonight I was
driving up Jamaica Road...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 10, 09:42 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Basil Jet
Splat Nav

Richard J. wrote:

I've just reported that glitch to Tele Atlas who are the map provider
for this area of Google Maps. I don't have much confidence that
anything will happen though.

Thanks....
Forum: London Transport March 8th 10, 02:57 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Basil Jet
Splat Nav

About a year ago, I broke down in the petrol station in Southwark Bridge
Road and phoned the RAC. The guy took several hours getting to me and told
me that he had gone to "the other Southwark...
Forum: London Transport March 7th 10, 02:44 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Basil Jet
London Black Cabbies learning to keep quiet, but...

redcat wrote:

I used to think they
have eye problems until I found that they brake and give way to their
own, but not to pedestrians, even when the pedestrian is in the right
(or in danger...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 10, 03:16 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Basil Jet
ELL 'architecture'

Is there still a part of Brompton Road station building...
Forum: London Transport March 4th 10, 09:21 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Basil Jet
What is the 969 bus for?

Jim wrote:

It passes one location in Arran Drive where the mobility-impaired are
likely to use it, and is hail-and-ride in this area, also a small area
in Woodford.

A hail-and-ride mobility...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 10, 02:38 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Basil Jet
Taxi insurance for multiple people?

Mizter T wrote:
On Mar 3, 1:59 pm, "Basil Jet"

I don't mind being called "simply ****ing mental",
in fact, I wish my psychiatrist would be...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 10, 12:59 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Basil Jet
Taxi insurance for multiple people?

Mizter T wrote:

And then I always feels a bit harsh after posting something like the
above... problem being is that it's basically what I thought. Perhaps
it could have been expressed in more...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 10, 11:45 AM
Replies: 67
Posted By Basil Jet
Taxi insurance for multiple people?

David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 02:52:01PM -0000, Basil Jet wrote:
And there's nothing "shifty" about minicab drivers. Not, at least,
if you use a...
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 10, 11:09 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Basil Jet
ELL 'architecture'

wrote:
In article ,

I would much rather that TfL built functional and...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 10, 01:52 PM
Replies: 67

David Cantrell wrote:

And there's nothing "shifty" about minicab drivers. Not, at least, if
you use a minicab instead of a random stranger touting for business on
the street illegally. If a...
Forum: London Transport February 26th 10, 01:03 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Basil Jet
Taxi insurance for multiple people?

Neil Williams wrote:

Additionally many minicabs will also have a more obvious TfL "Private
Hire" roundel (grey with blue bar) on...
Forum: London Transport February 26th 10, 04:21 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Basil Jet
Crap high streets

There are a few high streets which are rather underwhelming, such as Lambeth
High Street and Stepney High Street. Is that Adolf's handiwork?

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.
Forum: London Transport February 26th 10, 12:39 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Basil Jet
Evening parking on Edgware branch

Mizter T wrote:
On Feb 25, 11:42 pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:

The barriers shut at some point, maybe 30 or 60 minutes after the
centre closes. It's not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 382

Forum Jump