Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keith Raeburn
Forum: London Transport March 3rd 10, 06:45 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Gold card discounts on Oyster PAYG - coming soon.

I wonder whether this will just be for Annual Gold Travelcards, or
whether it will be possible to add any Annual Gold Card to an
Oystercard. If it's the latter, then it might be useful for...
Forum: London Transport December 23rd 09, 07:20 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Anger growing over the UK's inability to just say 'f- this' andwatch DVDs

He's possibly used some unfair advantage of 22nd century technology,
like snow chains.

Hans-Joachim

There was footage of someone using them on the local news earlier. I
was...
Forum: London Transport December 14th 09, 07:55 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Keith Raeburn
DLR Stations

On 11 Dec, 03:09, siege wrote:
Why are most of the DLR Stations so close?

I also noticed the new Stations in the Stratford and Canning Town area
are very...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 09, 10:24 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Travelcard prices

I don't know whether you mean day travelcards, seasons or both, but I
have a few of the "Fares and tickets" booklets going back a few years
(not 10 years though). I could scan them in or email you...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 08, 08:55 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Good to see the piccadilly line is as **** as ever

Zone 6 to zone 3 is only a quid? Given its costs me 1.50 to go from
zone 4 to 2 I find that hard to believe.

It's true. The fares differ according to the time of day and day of
the week, and the...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 08, 08:17 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Door open buttons on London Underground

Central line 92 stock has door-close buttons, although in common with
other lines as described by others, they haven't been operational for
a number of years.
Forum: London Transport March 4th 08, 02:32 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Keith Raeburn
quiet stations

Stratford has 2 or 3 platforms which are, AFAIAA, still open but have
lost all their regular timetabled trains. I'd expect they'll be pretty
quiet. Semi-derelict buildings etc. Can't remember the...
Forum: London Transport November 7th 07, 07:41 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Keith Raeburn
London day trip - which travel card?

On 7 Nov, 07:55, (A.Lee) wrote:
Myself and a friend will be in London for a day in a few weeks time, and
would like some advice on if, and which, travelcard we should buy.

Forum: London Transport November 1st 07, 03:23 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Tube fares - time of entry and exit

On 1 Nov, 16:21, Keith Raeburn wrote:
?

Anyone know what the cycle parking is like at Watford?

Tim.

There's a small-ish cycle rack directly outside the...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 07, 03:21 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Tube fares - time of entry and exit

?

Anyone know what the cycle parking is like at Watford?

Tim.

There's a small-ish cycle rack directly outside the entrance, or you
could chain your bike to the fence which separates the...
Forum: London Transport September 5th 07, 10:50 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Oyster card question

On 5 Sep, 23:21, "Jan" wrote:
Day 1

Travelling from Waterloo to London City Airport.
London City A - North Greenwich ( O2)
Then back to London City Airport

Day...
Forum: London Transport August 17th 07, 04:35 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Central line - new message

On 15 Aug, 14:13, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:
As far as the car diagrams go,they were replaced donkeys years ago to
eradicate anomalies...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 07, 09:57 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Best Travel Card

On 16 Apr, 10:09, "Dave" wrote:
I live in zone three and work in zone 1. I normally travel by bus. But
recently was thinking of buying a zone 2 and 3 travel card.

Am I...
Forum: London Transport April 15th 07, 09:46 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Renting a smart car

I've used this company and their cars a few times; they do what it
says on the tin. The price does include insurance, but only third
party cover - should you wish to insure it comprehensively that...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 05:27 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Keith Raeburn
London Transport museum

At Covent Garden station this morning the charming young lady^Wrecorded
announcement was telling people to get off there for the...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 04:54 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Annoying pigeons in Victoria Coach Station

Does anyone know about any plans to get rid of Victoria Coach Station?

What do you propose as a replacement?

Pidgeon coop?

You should try Digbeth coach station in Birmingham...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 07, 10:12 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Most scenic route on the tube?

asdf wrote:
Acton Town Plt 5

Where's that?

On the north side of the station, next to the eastbound District line
platform. Now has advertising hoarings built over part of the trackbed.
There...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 06, 03:57 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Keith Raeburn
zone 2-6 pass

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

If you're just trying to avoid using the tube in zone 1,...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 06, 01:21 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Gold card extension/ticket advice

Cannot you ask for a ticket to the beginning of the zone ?

No.

Page K1.5 in the NFM
(http://www.atoc.org/retail/_downloads/NFM94/NFM94_Common_K.pdf) says:
"Excess fare tickets must...
Forum: London Transport August 18th 06, 07:40 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Eurostars in West London

There's a pub of that name very close by the actual junction between
the NLL and the depot and also a road called North Pole Road.

Thanks Jack (and Paul). You have cleared something up...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 06, 12:39 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Silverlink Metro and Oyster

Ian F. wrote:
A friend has claimed that Silverlink customer service told him you can't
use a monthly Travelcard (on an Oystercard) on a section of their route
between Clapham Junction and...
Forum: London Transport June 5th 06, 05:39 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Keith Raeburn
What does "No Stopping" mean?

Some bus stops - probably almost all those on main roads - are "Bus
Stop Clearways" where all stopping is banned as on a Red Route, even
where the road it's on is not otherwise a Red Route. The "Bus...
Forum: London Transport April 19th 06, 12:22 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Keith Raeburn
What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

By an odd coincidence, today's N207 Holborn - Uxbridge was previously
numbered N89 until some years ago (although it was then, I believe,
Trafalgar Square - Uxbridge as all night buses then centred...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 06, 08:51 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Return ticket dates

what is the lower disatance limit for Network AwayBreaks then?
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 05, 06:48 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Keith Raeburn
Schoolchildren without ID on buses

Fat Richard wrote:
Is this actually
being enforced ?

I understand (from internal information) that there has been one
withdrawal of travel concessions so far under these powers. I have
witnessed...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29

Forum Jump