Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Goodland
Forum: London Transport May 13th 08, 10:30 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Goodland
Oysters on overground ...

"MIG" wrote in message
On 13 May, 11:08, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Tue,...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 08, 03:39 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Goodland
The Pig in the Python - rebuilding Clapham Junction

There is a map on the Wandsworth Planning site that shows the development
site as basically 'west'of the footbridge, but extending over the tracks
and part of the sheds. As Peter Masson has...
Forum: London Transport December 7th 07, 01:42 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Peter Goodland
The King's Cross St. Pancras nexus - a novelty tube map

Am I right in thinking that actually the new St Pancras Thameslink
station is actually to the left of the EMT platforms (but slightly
nearer Euston Road)? I'm sure I saw that on a diagram...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 07, 09:58 AM
Replies: 50
Posted By Peter Goodland
Thameslink and LUL changes in King's Cross

What is the very last train from Kings Cross Thameslink?

Journey planner is currently showing 01:30 towards London Bridge which
sounds right.

The last southbound train on Saturdays...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 07, 09:29 AM
Replies: 50

"Lew 1" wrote in message
What is the very last train from Kings Cross Thameslink?

The 2359 from Haywards Heath to Bedford at...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 06, 08:03 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Peter Goodland
London Underground routes finder and plotter

The URL is http://public.ok2life.com/tube/routes. As usual, all feedbacks
welcome (please use the MessageBoard provided, or mail me).

David

If I ask for a route from King's Cross St....
Forum: London Transport July 10th 06, 01:18 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Goodland
First Class within Zones 1-6

I have read it, and stand corrected. Given, however, that a First
Class ODTC is a TOC-specific (Thameslink) product - I think it's only
them - I'm not sure how it applies to that.

In...
Forum: London Transport July 10th 06, 08:41 AM
Replies: 79
Posted By Peter Goodland
London Terminals and Thameslink

Note that from Bedford at least, an all day travelcard is cheaper
than a standard return to Zone 1, so will be issued if anyone asks
for a return to a Zone 1 destination.

Is that still...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 06, 09:29 AM
Replies: 79
Posted By Peter Goodland
London Terminals and Thameslink

(3) When travelling from the north of the Thameslink route (say
Cricklewood) into central London, are tickets issued to 'London
Terminals' or to specific named stations (e.g. Kings Cross...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 06, 11:05 AM
Replies: 41
Posted By Peter Goodland
New style barriers and fare evasion

boeuf

Your use of this word reminds me that there is a rule on French trains,
that if you are unable to buy a ticket before boarding the train (or
validate a pre-purchased ticket),
you must make...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 06, 08:19 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Goodland
Gatwick to Richmond

Use the "more search options" feature on the journey planner and specify
that you require no stairs under the mobility requirements. An
alternative shown is getting off at London Bridge,...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 09:20 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Peter Goodland
Euro Star

I want to travel when I can afford to do so. I might be prepared to trade
off a slightly higher fare for more convenient scheduling but I want to
see all the facts in front of me.

Forum: London Transport March 17th 06, 02:31 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Peter Goodland
Shepherd's Bush WLL station

Yes, but is that really the reason behind this move to St. Pancras? I
thought it had something to do with the political goal of a high-speed
link for its own sake rather than there actually...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 06, 11:37 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Goodland
Gatwick Express?

Not quite...Reading the Travel Facilities Guide suggests that *boxes*
and Status Passes aren't valid, but both Safeguarded and TOCNE Staff can
obtain PRIV tickets from the HEx Ticket Offices...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 06, 08:16 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Goodland
Gatwick Express?

Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm travelling from Gatwick to Victoria then back again a few days later
so I'll go for a priv ticket. I had a quick look at the 'travel facilities
guides' on...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 06, 07:58 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Goodland
Northern Line Interchange

Well if you have a few hours to waste you could always do Northern to
Euston (Bank Branch), Victoria to Finsbury Park, Piccadilly to Manor
House, Piccadilly to Barons Court, District to...
Forum: London Transport February 8th 06, 10:36 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Goodland
Thameslink before Crossrail?

According to [anonymous source],
1) the Thameslink box at St Pancras *isn't* going to be fitted out as
part of the CTRL works after...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 05, 02:47 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Peter Goodland
Where are the jokes about the tube bombs?

Smarties don't blow up in the tube

maybe it's just a bit too early for this.

I think you may be right.
Forum: London Transport July 8th 05, 01:12 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Goodland
Which way were the trains going?

There seems to be some confusion as to which direction the three trains
were travelling in. The police chief in this morning's press conference
has just said that the first bomb was in a train...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 05, 07:56 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By Peter Goodland
2012 Olympics come to London

Can't wait. Hope all the extra tax I'll pay for this pointless waste
of money will mean the athletes and the locals in stratford have a
whale
of a time.

The IOC are now voting on which...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 05, 07:53 AM
Replies: 58
Posted By Peter Goodland
2012 Olympics come to London

I don't buy that at all. Who ever took up sport (other than a brief trip
or
two to the gym) as a result of watching the World Cup/Olympics/Wimbledon?

quote
But Coe saved his finest...
Forum: London Transport July 1st 05, 02:44 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Peter Goodland
Chiltern Lines - TESCO Project Tunnel Collapses

BBC radio news said services would be suspended for up to two days. I
thought that sounded rather overoptimistic when I heard it.

The Times reports the police as saying that further...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 05, 11:03 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Goodland
Automatic ticket machine, 1921

"Tristán White" wrote in message
Browsing through the excellent photographs on
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/

Forum: London Transport February 16th 05, 10:57 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Peter Goodland
Costly Projects

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

Who exactly keeps an eye...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 05, 09:43 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter Goodland
To the M25 by rail

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
Hi all,

A friend of mine is driving from Essex to Sheffield; he's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26

Forum Jump