Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martin J
Forum: London Transport June 9th 09, 01:36 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin J
Tulse Hill recent work

Just went home via Tulse Hill and can't understand how rumoured Oyster
gates are going to work without closing the subway to pedestrians.
Can someone pls enlighten me?

Martin J
Forum: London Transport March 11th 09, 07:42 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Martin J
Just to keep you informed - District Line

On the District Line today, just about to arrive at the platforms at Earls
Court and we stop just for a minute or so and an announcement comes over the
PA, "we are currently awaiting a platform to...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 09, 08:36 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin J
Best place to view A1 Tornado other than Kings Cross

Any sensible suggestions, like where one might innocently take some photos
or even manage some video footage?

Martin J
Forum: London Transport November 24th 08, 07:47 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin J
Jubilee Line reliability

What's happening of late?
It seems that just 1 or 2 goofs and the whole thing goes completely tips up.
It's certainly quite some time since I had a week of 'normal' journeys.

Martin J.
Forum: London Transport November 7th 08, 02:42 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin J
Met line reliability these days

Got to get to Harrow on the Hill, Tuesday evening and Journey Planner
says 12 mins for the Met Line from Finchley Road to Harrow on the
Hill.
How much should I add to get a realistic figure?
Many...
Forum: London Transport August 27th 08, 06:50 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin J
What's happening at Streatham Hill railway station

It seems that just about every weekend, the station is closed and all I
see as progress is less of the station buildings.
Is anyone aware of the longer term plans?

Martin J.
Forum: London Transport July 13th 08, 06:52 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Martin J
Tube to Heathrow T5

I'll be trying the tube to T5 next Sat early.
What destination shows for a T5 train?
Its just that the map seems to show T5 as a siding off the main loop.
Martin J.
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 08, 06:28 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Martin J
Mitcham Eastfields Open

Mizter T wrote:
[originally posted to uk.transport.london]
[x-posted to uk.railway]

Although Eastfields didn't open this...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 07, 07:34 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin J
East London Line work

On my journey from New X Gate to Canada Water today, I was surprised to
see just before Surrey Quays, evidence of new track forming a new
junction just south of Surrey Quays, which I think is...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 07, 11:10 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin J
Streatham Hill to Tulse Hill peak hour passenger services

Hi,
Just noticed that Southern's new timetable has reinstated this long
lost link for peak hour use.
Does anyone know why it was not used for passenger services in peak
hour for such a long time?
I...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 07, 12:17 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin J
Transfer times between London Bridge and Paddington

Wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this.
My colleague was checking both TFL's travel planner and National
Rail's website for transfer times for a Saturday AM between the above-
mentioned...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 06, 06:08 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin J
Disruption Tulse Hill to Peckham Rye-Monday morning

I couldn't workout from my home trip what engineering work had caused the
delays, but it looked like perhaps a bridge replacement in Dulwich.
Anyone got any more details,
Thanks,
Martin J
Forum: London Transport September 10th 05, 05:39 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Martin J
Mobile driving ban

Just out of interest has anyone ever seen a driver talking on a non hands
free mobile get pulled over the police?
Martin J.
Forum: London Transport September 6th 05, 06:33 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin J
Why so slow between East Dulwich and Peckham Rye

Hi,
I think its over the last month, but trains southbound are very obviously
going slower than before over this stretch.
What's the matter?
Martin J.
Forum: London Transport June 16th 05, 07:36 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Martin J
New conductor rail

This morning, waiting for the London Bridge via Forest Hill service at
Streatham Hill, I noticed the conductor rail had been replaced. I suppose
they do eventually wear out but most I observed...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 05, 03:35 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin J
Old bridge over Brick Lane

On a recent walk down Brick Lane I noticed the remnants of an old bridge
over the road.
I'm guessing it was railway but since all the Great Eastern lines are
underneath here, where did this line come...
Forum: London Transport March 31st 05, 07:31 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin J
Using Nationarail.co.uk train times

Hi,

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong with the above site?
I wanted trains to Gatwick from Streatham Hill via Clapham Junction and no
matter what time of day I enter it says no trains are...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 05, 06:42 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin J
Thameslink northbound service to Blackfriars this morning (Fri 25th Feb)

My wife reports a complete fiasco of service today.
Any one know what went on?
Thanks,
Martin.
Forum: London Transport February 11th 05, 03:09 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin J
'Structrual damage' at Baker Street AM Friday 11th Feb

The Met line was delayed very early this morning with the above explanation.
Just what does this LU euphemism mean?
Martin J.
Forum: London Transport February 1st 05, 08:21 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin J
Work at New Cross Gate Underground platform

Does anyone know why the junk yard next to the East London line platform at
New Cross Gate has finally been cleared and some trackside work is going on?
Is this related to East London Line...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 04, 02:03 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Martin J
Front seatbelt wearing

What's the explanation given for not wearing a seatbelt, which in London for
drivers would be lucky to get much above 50%?
Are some people lulled into a false sense of safety because of air bags?
Or...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 04, 06:47 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin J
What are bus lanes worth?

Rob,

One was built down the hill (westbound) on Streatham Common Northside and
seemed to stuff up all the cars and the buses.
It has now been removed. From my observations off-peak, at least the...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 04, 07:35 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin J
South West Trains over District Line south of East Putney

When at Putney Bridge yesterday afternoon, I noticed a sign saying reduced
Tube service over the coming or next weekend since South West trains would
be diverted over this route. I remember from my...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 04, 08:31 PM
Replies: 155
Posted By Martin J
Queenstown Road

I had the occasion to use this museum piece today, changing onto the
Victoria to London Bridge service at Battersea Park. When was a single
penny last spent on Queenstown Road. The sign above the...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 03, 01:13 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin J
Experimental road surface

I have recently driven over the 2 sections of 'experimental road surface' in
SE London on the B218, Brockley road. I don't know if anybody else has
experienced any such things but in my Focus it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25

Forum Jump