Showing results 1 to 25 of 74
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe Patrick
Forum: London Transport January 13th 06, 10:36 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Joe Patrick
Heathrow Express Scanners

Steve wrote:
But, why would you want to object if you have nothing to hide?

I'm not usually the person to say things about things like this. I'm all
for ID cards and the like, but the fact...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 06, 08:37 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Joe Patrick
Heathrow Express Scanners

Owing to the fact that Z1-6 travelcard holders will be able to use the
Heathrow Express tomorrow, at no extra cost, I have decided to take a
trip on this service.
I read in the media earlier in...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 06, 05:55 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe Patrick
Jan 2 - usual cock-up on FGWL

CJB wrote:
Ex-Thames Trains aka First Great Western Link excelled themselves
today. Expecting that with the exorbitant fare rises this might have
resulted in greater customer service we went...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 05:38 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe Patrick
Revenue sharing between TfL and TOCs

I thought the existence of zones A, B, C & D was because, unlike Essex,
Bucks were too mean to contribute to the cost of the services on the Met.

Yes, that is the case IIRC also applying for...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 05, 03:09 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe Patrick
Integrated Kent Franchise

Like GoVia Southern have announced for their metro areas, as well.

Could they be in any way related?

Well GoVia is the parent company of Southern ;-)
--
The presence of this signature shows...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 05, 11:04 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Patrick
Cunning Plan-Congestion Charge at Heathrow - Mike Clasper BAAChief Executive

Bob wrote:
Yesterday the BAA announced plans to rebuild Heathrow Terminal Two
before the London Olympics in 2012.

snip

OOI, does BAA recieve any Government funding, and will any of this work...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 05, 08:56 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Patrick
London Buses Fare Arrangements

I was just wondering, what benefits do the private companies that run
the bus routes in London get, is the price of a travelcard divided
between all the potential journeys it could make, and what...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 05, 06:35 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Joe Patrick
tfl fine - advice needed

snip

Thinking of this, what legislation allows them to take someone to court
over non-payment of bus fares?
Judging by the OP, it seems like a criminal rather than a civil matter.
--
Joe...
Forum: London Transport October 29th 05, 11:29 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Patrick
When could you change to the Metropolitan at Aldgate East?

I can't remember when Metropolitan trains went to Aldgate East...

Could have been from when the Hammersmith & City was part of the Met
Line? It changed in 1990 IIRC.
--
Joe Patrick
Railways...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 05, 08:54 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Patrick
Tube disruption map

Fig wrote:
Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that used
to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

The pages were updated earlier in the week, to a new style,...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 05, 03:25 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Joe Patrick
Bakerloo Line Stock

Why did they do this, by the way?

This was discussed here back in November 2002 (yes, I thought they were
taken off more recently as well) - http://tinyurl.com/8t3l4
The answer given was "in...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 05, 07:12 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Joe Patrick
Bakerloo Line Stock

Presumably he means ones like on the Northern, which tell you what the
next stop is etc, rather than like on the Picc (which just tell you
where the train terminates).

What's wrong with the...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 05, 07:05 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Patrick
stansted airport

I think you will find that the £7 fare on National Express will only get
you as far as Stratford (for the benefit of the OP, this is in east
London). The National Express fare to Golders...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 05, 03:57 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Patrick
stansted airport

I plan to come on hollidays in London. Can you tell me
how to go from Stansted Airport to Kings's Cross Station ?
what is the less expensive ?

National Express run coaches with fares starting...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 05, 04:06 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Joe Patrick
Waterloo & City Line to Close for 5 Months

From April 2006...
http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/news/news.asp?story=276
--
Joe Patrick
Railways Online - for GB railway news, information & photos
Forum: London Transport October 11th 03, 02:47 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe Patrick
New Series on ITV1 : Metroland

Race around the Underground.

Geoff Marshalls attempt to break the record for visiting all 275 London
Underground Stations.

Is this like the last series of 'The Tube'?
--
To reply direct,...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 03, 08:12 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Joe Patrick
Crossrail preferred route

Aylesbury - Shoeburyness x30

That route could be handy!
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 03, 05:34 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Joe Patrick
Caught driving on a bus lane by camera - what to do?

Basically, I would like to know what would be expecting me if I ignore the
fine.

A man, with a van threatening to take all your posessions unless you pay the
fine. Pay up before it increases, bus...
Forum: London Transport October 5th 03, 08:43 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Joe Patrick
TOX.03

How do you know that?

If this person has to pay, they are more than likely to put it somewhere
else. Maybe LU are trying Reverse Psychology, by making it seem that it isnt
bothering them, so this...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 03, 09:36 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Patrick
ON Network

As far as I can see all this consists of is an Orange poster on the wall
of
the nominated stations.

It comes with a shiny new map and 'Local Area Info' board, which will no
doubt be Illegible by...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 03, 09:30 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Joe Patrick
TOX.03

Forum: London Transport September 30th 03, 03:58 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Joe Patrick
Tube Driver Faints

http://www.freewebs.com/railwaysonline/news.html#news24
Forum: London Transport September 21st 03, 08:41 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Patrick
"le crossing" A question

Even if the OP had didn't have enough cash on him to pay the £1 toll, I'd
hope he would have had a credit or debit card. Not really advisable to
drive around without any method of paying for...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 03, 10:29 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Patrick
LUL Emergency Exits

Today was the first time I have seen a Jubilee Line train with
substantial graffiti on the outside.
Saying that round Wembley on the Met/Jubliee/Chiltern routes the
graffiti was fading and...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 03, 10:24 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe Patrick
Whats up with charging £5.10 for an off-peak travel card?

It is not that five pounds is so outrageous...But £5.10 just means you
need
a tenner, and have £4.90 in small change.

Surely the amount of change that is required at the ticket...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 74

Forum Jump