Old September 13th 11, 12:38 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:14:39 +0100
Bruce wrote:
My usual "rants" on utl are usually about the tube which very must DOES

affect
me now I have the misfortune of having to use it 2 days a week again.

Live and let live.

Who exactly?

B2003

Old September 13th 11, 12:50 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 11:46*am, 1506 wrote:

Arachnophobics are not merely opposed to spiders.

You will note that I said that "homophobia", unlike "arachnophobia",
is not a strictly correct Latin translation, but was that it was
understood to refer to opposition as well as fear.

Neil

Old September 13th 11, 12:53 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 13/09/11 10:58, 1506 wrote:
My issue with many of these groups is that they want to impose their
will on me. I keep my private life behind the bedroom door. The
homosexuals want to display it on floats in the street.

Are you equally opposed to public expressions of straight affection?

If muslims
want to worship at their mosque, fine. Please do not force islam
(submission) onto everyone else.

How do you feel about the catholic bishop who is demanding that the
Scottish Government adheres to his view of who should be allowed to get
married?

Ian
Old September 13th 11, 12:54 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 13/09/11 07:55, 1506 wrote:
It is precisely because my immediate family means so much to me, that
we moved from England to the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the early
1980s.

Kentucky is, of course, famous for the, um, closeness of its families.

Ian

Old September 13th 11, 02:38 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 2011\09\13 13:50, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sep 13, 11:46 am, wrote:

Arachnophobics are not merely opposed to spiders.

You will note that I said that "homophobia", unlike "arachnophobia",
is not a strictly correct Latin translation, but was that it was
understood to refer to opposition as well as fear.

Arachnophobia is from Greek roots, not Latin.
Old September 13th 11, 02:47 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 2:53*pm, 1506 wrote:

Not by me it isn't.

Then you understand incorrectly in my view.

What is the term you would use to mean an opposition to homosexuality,
as opposed to fear of it? (Though why you would seek to oppose
something that has no effect on you I have no idea).

Neil
Old September 13th 11, 03:12 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 7:47*am, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sep 13, 2:53*pm, 1506 wrote:

Not by me it isn't.

Then you understand incorrectly in my view.

And you in my view.

What is the term you would use to mean an opposition to homosexuality,
as opposed to fear of it? (Though why you would seek to oppose
something that has no effect on you I have no idea).

It was Boltar to whom the term Homophobe was (in my view) incorrectly
applied. My opinion is irrelevant.
Old September 13th 11, 04:20 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 5:12*pm, 1506 wrote:

Then you understand incorrectly in my view.

And you in my view.

Then answer my point below.

What is the term you would use to mean an opposition to homosexuality,
as opposed to fear of it? *(Though why you would seek to oppose
something that has no effect on you I have no idea).

It was Boltar to whom the term Homophobe was (in my view) incorrectly
applied. My opinion is irrelevant.

You are stating that I am incorrect to use the term "homophobe" for
someone who dislikes homosexuality rather than fearing it. So I am
asking what term *you* (not Boltar, whose post I didn't read so I
don't know if it was "homophobic" or not) would use to describe that.

Neil
Old September 13th 11, 05:25 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 9:20*am, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sep 13, 5:12*pm, 1506 wrote:

Then you understand incorrectly in my view.

And you in my view.

Then answer my point below.

What is the term you would use to mean an opposition to homosexuality,
as opposed to fear of it? *(Though why you would seek to oppose
something that has no effect on you I have no idea).

It was Boltar to whom the term Homophobe was (in my view) incorrectly
applied. My opinion is irrelevant.

You are stating that I am incorrect to use the term "homophobe" for
someone who dislikes homosexuality rather than fearing it. *So I am
asking what term *you* (not Boltar, whose post I didn't read so I
don't know if it was "homophobic" or not) would use to describe that.

The incorrect application of the term "homophobe" came from someone
posting as "nobody" See https://groups.google.com/group/uk.r...n&dmode=source

All I have done is question his utilization of the word. Why does
that compel me to share my prefered vocabulary? Anti-homosexual might
work. Do not deduce that I take that position.