Showing results 1 to 25 of 269
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard J.
Forum: London Transport October 7th 07, 11:14 PM
Replies: 91
Posted By Richard J.
Crossrail noes fail

lonelytraveller wrote:
On 7 Oct, 17:50, "Richard J." wrote:
lonelytraveller wrote:

They chose to obstruct the side entrance at paddington, rather
than...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 07, 05:50 PM
Replies: 91
Posted By Richard J.
Crossrail noes fail

lonelytraveller wrote:

The thing I don't like about Crossrail is that it seems that the
designers have gone out of their way to make it necessary to
demolish anything old that would be...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 07, 09:36 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Richard J.
Eroscard & Oystercard interference

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
Do you mean you get error messages on the Eros terminals or on
Oyster readers or on both? The Eroscard website only claims that
they've tested it with Oyster and...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 07, 12:04 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Richard J.
Eroscard & Oystercard interference

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
Despite the claims on the Eroscard website, don't try having both
cards in the same wallet. You will just get error messages.

Forum: London Transport October 5th 07, 01:12 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard J.
Acton Depot

Standing at HN28 signal wrote:
Took a visit to the park next to Acton Depot and was very surprised
to see the same 72ts and 62ts there that were there in late 2004
when i went! Are there any...
Forum: London Transport October 4th 07, 01:55 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Richard J.
The Drain is s***

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Q wrote:

Yep Platform 7 is at the Bank end - its the left hand platform.
(Which we left from again this morning. I have never looked, but I
presume the other...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 07, 10:26 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Richard J.
Overcrowding at Kings Cross St Pancras

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , James
Farrar writes

I've noticed in the last month or so, drivers have been...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 07, 12:28 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Richard J.
Original J8 on the M4 (was: Unfinished part of the M23?)

John Rowland wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:

I can think of a few sites on the motorway network where services
have been planned since the very start of construction, a good
example is on the...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 07, 04:19 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Richard J.
Original J8 on the M4 (was: Unfinished part of the M23?)

verbena wrote:
On Sep 29, 10:56 pm, "Richard J."
wrote:
Boltar wrote:
On Sep 29, 7:59 pm, "Richard J."
You can...
Forum: London Transport September 29th 07, 10:56 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Richard J.
Original J8 on the M4 (was: Unfinished part of the M23?)

Boltar wrote:
On Sep 29, 7:59 pm, "Richard J."
wrote:
You can still see the original curve of the M4 just to the
north-east of the J8/9 roundabout.

You can...
Forum: London Transport September 29th 07, 07:59 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Richard J.
Original J8 on the M4 (was: Unfinished part of the M23?)

verbena wrote:

In the same vein, just before J8 on the Londonbound side of the M4,
there's a curious bit where the roadside fence stops and it looks
like there was some sort of exit at some...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 07, 10:31 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Richard J.
Lack of available trains

John B wrote:
In another forum, someone has suggested that double-manning would
solve the problem - it certainly would in...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 07, 05:47 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Richard J.
Lack of available trains

John B wrote:

According to CULG, they're allowed on the District between Aldgate
East Junction and Upminster. But at this point...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 07, 12:03 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Richard J.
Lack of available trains

tim..... wrote:
This wonderful phrase is currently being applied to the Circle,
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 07, 10:03 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard J.
Who cleans the foreshore?

Steve wrote:

I was at the southern end of Battersea Church Road recently, and a
causeway leading into the river was absolutely...
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 07, 12:00 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard J.
Who cleans the foreshore?

John Rowland wrote:
I was at the southern end of Battersea Church Road recently, and a
causeway leading into the river was absolutely covered in rubbish.
I am guessing that Wandsworth Council...
Forum: London Transport September 22nd 07, 11:56 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Richard J.
"All change on the East London line"

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,

On 21 Sep, 17:11, "Richard J." ...
Forum: London Transport September 21st 07, 05:11 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Richard J.
"All change on the East London line"

Mizter T wrote:

Obviously what's missing here is any cross-river connection, and to
anyone who knows the Rotherhithe Tunnel it's pretty obvious why -
it's a tiny tunnel, unsuitable for...
Forum: London Transport September 21st 07, 11:58 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard J.
Shoreditch

Mizter T wrote:

* Blackfriars Bridge station (London Chatham & Dover Railway) -
1864 - 1885 (remained open for goods until 1964).
On the "City Line" between Herne Hill/ Elephant & Castle and...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 07, 11:11 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Richard J.
Rotherhithe Tunnel

John Rowland wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
The interweb says that there are four shafts, but I can only see
three. Does anyone know if shaft 4 (the northernmost one) is still
there?
Forum: London Transport September 14th 07, 10:20 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard J.
The Olympic Gravytrain on Despatches

John Rowland wrote:
Despatches wanted to get information from LOCOG, the body which is
delivering the Olympics. LOCOG refused. Despatches demanded the
information under the Freedom Of...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 07, 06:46 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard J.
Piccadilly Line service to T5

John Rowland wrote:

I'm interested that they will be running a longer line, yet there
aren't any new trains. Are they reducing peak service between Arnos
and Cockfosters, or west of...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 07, 01:26 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Richard J.
Piccadilly Line service to T5

Someone showed me this evening TfL's press release of 18 July on the
Piccadilly Line extension to T5, which I had missed when it was issued.
On that day BAA handed over the extension to LU. The...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 07, 12:35 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By Richard J.
Stand on the right - time to get rid of it?

Clive Page wrote:
In message ,
Richard J. writes
At Montparnasse-Bienvenuë Métro station actually. It runs at...
Forum: London Transport September 12th 07, 10:20 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard J.
Slow news day again?

wrote: