Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BRB Class 465
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 08, 08:03 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By BRB Class 465
Boris admits bendy-buses are safe - but he'll axe them anyway

On 22 Oct, 12:10, Boltar wrote:
If a cyclist is dumb enough to get wiped out by a bendy bus they'd
probably have been squished by an HGV sooner or later anyway. The
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 08, 07:56 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By BRB Class 465
Boris admits bendy-buses are safe - but he'll axe them anyway

On 22 Oct, 10:54, wrote:
Quite frankly I tend to find (not here, but in general) that a lot of
the criticism the bendies get comes from people who've never even been
on...
Forum: London Transport September 12th 08, 09:56 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By BRB Class 465
LU control room

On 12 Sep, 21:41, D7666 wrote:

The Circle line controllers still look after the Metropolitan line.
I...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 08, 03:14 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By BRB Class 465
DLR Still Getting Slower

On 27 Jun, 17:11, (Neil Williams)
Have the DLR still not worked out how to deal with that issue? *I
heard it was due to the use of tram-profile wheels on...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 08, 05:27 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By BRB Class 465
Totteridge & Whetstone Platform Building

On 11 Feb, 09:19, "Sam" wrote:
For the last 2 -3 months there has been building work at the Northern end of
the Northbound platform at Totteridge and Whetstone station.
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 08, 10:15 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By BRB Class 465
London Liverpool Street

On 2 Jan, 23:03, Mizter T wrote:
Ken Livingstone has taken a keen interest in public transport for a
very long time, and I'm quite sure he has an incredible amount of
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 08, 04:17 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By BRB Class 465
London Liverpool Street

On 2 Jan, 16:02, Mizter T wrote:
That's balls. The Mayor knows a ton about transport, he's been a keen
advocate of public transport in London for years.

Oh really? Since...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 08, 02:25 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By BRB Class 465
London Liverpool Street

On 2 Jan, 10:40, "John Rowland"
To me this seems like a contradiction. The problem is that the Liverpool
Street line is a London overground line,...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 07, 05:34 PM
Replies: 125
Posted By BRB Class 465
London Underground Ventilation Shafts

John Rowland wrote:
This can't be a fanshaft, I wonder what it is?
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=skbstqgyzh1f&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=
1000&scene=15645313&encType=1

It's...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 07, 10:16 PM
Replies: 125
Posted By BRB Class 465
London Underground Ventilation Shafts

John Rowland wrote:
If you know how many there are, finding most or all of them shouldn't be
that hard. I've found a few, and I wasn't particularly looking for them. I
think the only one which...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 07, 09:43 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By BRB Class 465
Drayton park old tunnels

On 26 Oct, 21:49, Boltar wrote:
Where were the entrances to the old tunnels at Drayton park that used
to go to Finsbury? Are they completely buried or is there anything
Forum: London Transport October 25th 07, 05:18 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By BRB Class 465
Euston Station Underground upgrade a joke.

On 25 Oct, 17:57, wrote:
I was really pleased to see the removal of the bland, uninteresting,
boring late 60's tiling, and was looking forward to walking through a
Forum: London Transport September 28th 07, 06:34 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By BRB Class 465
Lack of available trains

On 27 Sep, 09:18, John B wrote:
If, as it sounds, the defect in question doesn't prevent the DMH from
operating (i.e. your asleep/dead driver will still let go of it and
Forum: London Transport September 20th 07, 05:43 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By BRB Class 465
Rotherhithe Tunnel

The general opinion amonst the fanshafting mafia is that Shaft 4
disappeared in its original form fairly recently. However, it...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 07, 05:41 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By BRB Class 465
Rotherhithe Tunnel

On 20 Sep, 02:17, "John Rowland"
The interweb says that there are four shafts, but I can only see three. Does
anyone know if shaft 4 (the...
Forum: London Transport September 17th 07, 07:24 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By BRB Class 465
1938 Stock Tube Tours

On 17 Sep, 19:53, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
That's unfair - District Dave is a very nice chap; I often go drinking
with him!

Pedant! I was writing about the forum not its...
Forum: London Transport September 17th 07, 06:05 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By BRB Class 465
1938 Stock Tube Tours

On 16 Sep, 18:54, alex_t wrote:
So, did anyone from this newsgroup attended the tour(s)? First
impressions? :-)

Full of foaming-at-the-mouth trainspotters, quite a...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 07, 05:28 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By BRB Class 465
GOBLIN station staffing

On 3 Sep, 14:55, "Chris Read" wrote:
Barry Doe, writing in 'Rail', states that all stations on the GOBLIN will be
staffed "all day" and "from December."
Is this...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 07, 01:33 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By BRB Class 465
Bakerloo Strike

Perhaps it's because the drivers on other lines are quite happy with
tipping out passengers with the help of just one station...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 07, 12:21 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By BRB Class 465
No-Smoking policy at open-air NR stations

On 3 Jul, 23:59, wrote:
Listen here frustrated weed addict having spent from 1960 till 1985
breathing in peoples second hand smoke first as a bus conductor then a
driver all...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 07, 04:15 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By BRB Class 465
Go Via get West Midlands franchise

On 21 Jun, 17:00, Paul Corfield wrote:
Silverlink don't seem to attract much by way of bad press these
days which tends to suggest the service simply works well.

Like most...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 07, 05:14 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By BRB Class 465
Northern line near collision

From a shunt manoeuvre from Mornington Crescent, I should think. From
that diagram, you can see that there are no signals...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 07, 12:19 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By BRB Class 465
Northern line near collision

On 15 Jun, 12:52, Roland Perry wrote:
Isn't it simpler than that?
1) The drivers switched trains, and unless they both left them in some
nondirectional state with red...
Forum: London Transport June 14th 07, 02:42 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By BRB Class 465
Northern line near collision

On 14 Jun, 15:28, Mystery Flyer wrote:
Isnt signalling supposed to make such things impossible? Im quite
ignorant here of the technicalities of the ability of the line
Forum: London Transport June 14th 07, 01:10 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By BRB Class 465
CYCLISTS THREE TIMES MORE LIKELY TO GET INJURED ON BENDY BUS ROUTE- POPE

On 14 Jun, 11:04, David Cantrell wrote:
Is it beyond what passes for your brane to imagine that they might have
just set down a passenger and be heading towards places...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36

Forum Jump