Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J. Public
Forum: London Transport February 4th 04, 04:54 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By J. Public
Oyster and interchange with DLR confusion

I had a similar thing with Kings X, when doing Baker Street to Belsize Park.

i.e.
Swipe in at Baker Street
Swipe out of the circle line at Kings X
Swipe back in to the NPV at Kings X
Swipe out at...
Forum: London Transport February 4th 04, 12:04 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By J. Public
Unresolved journey - how?

My card was interrogated a while ago, and the guy gave me the bit of paper.
It only has the last 10 journeys, but has a load of stuff on it like the
different "slots" available for cards, the state...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 04, 08:14 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By J. Public
"Service running well"

I noticed at Tottenham Court Road station this afternoon that the
service
status board at the top of the escalators had printed stickers saying
"Service running well" instead of "Good...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 04, 10:16 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By J. Public
Oyster pre-pay balance display

I've not got a season ticket, so always see the balance, as long as the gate
has the right screen.

Some of the newer gates (which don't make the air pistony kind of noise when
they open) seem to...
Forum: London Transport January 7th 04, 10:28 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By J. Public
My Oystercard works!

Are these special short hop fare rules published anywhere?

Only on the fare charts for the stations concerned.

Had a quick look today, and the fare on the chart says £2.

Bizarre.....
Forum: London Transport January 6th 04, 12:45 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By J. Public
My Oystercard works!

Bit of an odd one, but this morning I got on the Jubilee line at Swiss
Cottage, got off at Baker Street, and it only charged me £1.60 for the
journey. Baker St to Stockwell and Gloucester Road to...
Forum: London Transport December 9th 03, 09:07 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By J. Public
£0.01 Bus Fares... Get 'em while they're fresh...

Hi All,

This point is actually tucked up in the depths of another Oyster thread from
a week or so again, but I thought it would be worth pointing out, as it may
be of interest to some.

If you load...
Forum: London Transport December 4th 03, 02:17 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By J. Public
The possible 'lager' strikes

"Badabing" wrote in message
Surely they are taking the p***? How do they suggest the beer got in their
fridge? The bloody beer fairy?

Hey -...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 03, 09:58 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By J. Public
Lights on M4

As far as I can remember, they are only on the bit to the east of the bus
lane, when the m/way goes to 2 lanes. There's a blue one on one side, and
an orange one on the other side. For some reason...
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 03, 09:56 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By J. Public
Oyster Prepay... now available!

I've done it several dozen times with a monthly oyster and it seems
you can still do so (having had a look this evening). For me it's
a lot less hassle than having lots of...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 03, 08:09 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By J. Public
Lights on M4

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knew what the sets of small orange and blue lights
are, on the M4 section approx J1-J3. They are mounted on the central
lamp-posts, and are quite small. Never...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 03, 09:29 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By J. Public
Parking Tickets - Camden

Hi All.

Does anyone know the deal for what happens if I came out of a shop today in
Belsize Village (Lon B of Camden) to find a traffic warden in the process of
writing a ticket, but who was unable...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 03, 09:25 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By J. Public
More on Oysters

I don't think I even have a record card. Purchased a weekly on the internet
a month ago, and it came in a blue DVD type case, but that was it. There
was an invoice, but surely I shouldn't have to...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 03, 11:20 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By J. Public
Renewing tickets, P22 tube font

Is it possible to renew a ticket on oyster at a tube ticket machine and
pay with notes?

yeah, I think so. You wave your oyster at the machine, and can renew your
ticket. Can use card or cash...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 03, 07:07 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By J. Public
J sign at the end of Finchley Road station

Hi All.

Just a quick question - does anyone know what a small illuminated 'J' might
be used for on the northbound met platform at Finchley Road station. It
looks a bit like that light that goes on...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 03, 07:29 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By J. Public
Oyster Pre-Pay (again)

Hi Folks.

Sorry about another oyster question. Am I right in thinking that oyster
pre-pay will work out the best value ticket (even retrospectively) for you:
e.g. if you take 10 tube and bus...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 03, 09:48 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By J. Public
Northern Line

Hi All.

Just wondering if there was any reason why everyone's saying the Northern
Line's suspended at the moment between Charing Cross and Hampstead, and
Kings X and East Finchley. Does anyone else...
Forum: London Transport October 16th 03, 08:04 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By J. Public
Oyster - Bus Fare - Prepay

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone knew whether a single bus fare on oyster pre-pay
will be £1 / £0.70 or £0.65 (Saver Ticket Price).

Also, do we have any idea on the timescales for PrePay yet?

JP
Forum: London Transport October 14th 03, 11:15 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By J. Public
Routeing advice

Thank you both for the reply.

If I am using the tube, that's exactly the route that I take.

Only problem is that it takes a lot longer than the car:
Walk to Finch Rd 15 min
Finchley Road -...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 03, 08:51 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By J. Public
Routeing advice

Hi All,

I work out at Stockley Park (just north of the Heathrow Spur Road), and live
near Swiss Cottage, and still haven't really worked out the best way home in
the evening... perhaps if there's...
Forum: London Transport September 17th 03, 06:03 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By J. Public
Interior of Tube / Trains

Hi All

Just out of interest, I was wondering if there were any photos / diagrams of
tube / train cab layouts, pointing out roughly what does what. Being a
regular user of both, I'd just be quite...
Forum: London Transport August 26th 03, 10:42 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By J. Public
Oyster Pre-Pay - Does Anyone Have Planned Launch Date

Hi All,

Just to continue what appears to be the NG theme at the moment (i.e.
oyster), does anyone have any inside knowledge as to when LU are planning to
launch the prepay version of oyster.

It's...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22

Forum Jump