Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Larry Lard
Forum: London Transport July 7th 06, 03:29 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry Lard
has anyone booked a cab online?

tkd wrote:
Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online. I did the other night. Was
much cheaper than taking a black cab. the cab arrived on time and i
arrived home safely. By prepaying i...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 06, 08:41 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Larry Lard
Heathrow to Gatwick ticket validity?

AstraVanMan wrote:
2. Will changing from a Southern tran to a FCC train at East Croydon involve
much in the way of stairs?

FCC down trains use platform 2; Southern down trains use platform...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 06, 01:39 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Larry Lard
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
John B wrote:

BARONS COURT / Barons Court (not so much an anomaly as simply both
being wrong, with...
Forum: London Transport June 20th 06, 02:49 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry Lard
Zone validity

wrote:
This is a link to the full NCoC, which doesn't have any TOC branding and
so avoids the ticket inspector claiming that the rule only applies...
Forum: London Transport May 30th 06, 04:23 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Larry Lard
KXSP Ticket Hall Now Open

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article , (J.
Chisholm) wrote:
[snip]
who buys tickets now?

People who begrudge having to pay LU in advance,...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 06, 01:17 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Larry Lard
tube system radio usage

Walter Briscoe wrote:
I note Bakerloo services stopped this morning following radio failure.

What usage for radio is essential to run tube services?

Do you not think it essential for there to...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 06, 09:58 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry Lard
Help- access to Jubilee line at Baker St

Ken W wrote:
Can someone help?

How easy is access to/from the Jubilee line at Baker St or St John's Wood?

I'm on crutches after breaking my hip, so can't manage a flight of stairs,
but...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 06, 11:39 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Larry Lard
Out boundary travelcard 'the wrong way' ?

Larry Lard wrote:
[snip]

Wow you people are fast. Thanks to everyone for your help :)

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please
Forum: London Transport May 5th 06, 03:24 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Larry Lard
Out boundary travelcard 'the wrong way' ?

If I were in (say) Reading, and I wanted to (in this order):

- travel from Reading to London (once)
- pootle around London (lots)
- travel from London to Reading (once)

all in one day, I could buy...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 06, 08:57 AM
Replies: 80
Posted By Larry Lard
New camera scam

[ngs trimmed]

Steve Firth wrote:

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:51:48 +0100, "John Rowland"
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 06, 12:24 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Larry Lard
Gatwick to Richmond

Paul Corfield wrote:
Take the District Line to Earls Court (e/b platform) and
use the new MIP lifts

Google tells me that's a 'mobility impaired person' lift (to save
anyone else looking), but I...
Forum: London Transport April 14th 06, 12:37 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Larry Lard
Two separate user databases at the Oyster website?

Not sure if I'm being stupid or the system is, but there appear to be
two distinct user registration databases at the oyster website. There
is one at sales.oystercard.com which allows you to buy...
Forum: London Transport March 30th 06, 10:16 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Larry Lard
East London Line - what happens to the London Bridge services?

wrote:
The frequency of services for the ELL extension is listed as:

4 trains per hour from Dalston Junction to New Cross.
4 trains per hour from Dalston Junction to...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 11:21 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Larry Lard
Euro Star

Colin Wilson wrote:
You have to wonder why they simply don't have a 59 pound fare and have done
with it.

Presumably you don't have to wonder this too long...

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 06, 09:36 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Larry Lard
Euro Star

Colin Wilson wrote:
Is there any secret to getting the price of a Euro Star ticket.

Returns start at 59 GBP for London to Paris or Brussels. As individual
trains fill up, tickets on those trains...
Forum: London Transport March 27th 06, 09:35 AM
Replies: 90
Posted By Larry Lard
Anti-bike signs on Bendibuses

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Some Bendibuses (including some or all on routes 29 and 73) have a
yellow triangle sign on the rear with a black bicycle with an X across it.

a) What is it supposed to...
Forum: London Transport March 27th 06, 09:27 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry Lard
Kings Cross Shut - Thursday

wrote:
Now I know there are risks associated with full platforms,
but they can't be as bad as shoving hundreds of bewildered
tourists & commuters out onto the...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 06, 03:14 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry Lard
East London Line Extension

wrote:
Is it the intention that eventually there will no longer be LU
involvement with this line and instead Network Rail will take over
infrastructure responsibility for both...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 06, 10:02 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry Lard
LUL gives up on Regent's Park lifts

James Farrar wrote:
I presume.

A new Diagram has gone up arount the network recently

http://tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/colourmap.pdf

Is that peculiarity at Kennington new? There used to be a...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 06, 01:49 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Larry Lard
Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

james007 wrote:
Is pay-per-use Oystercard cheaper than... an annual travelcard?

Yes. For me, it's over £100 cheaper to just 'pay as you go' with an
Oyster pre-pay card.

Good grief.

Forum: London Transport December 31st 05, 12:41 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Larry Lard
One Day Travelcards on Oyster?

What's the reason these aren't available? Points for PR reason(s) and
real reason(s), since oystercard.com doesn't even deign to give me one
of the former. Since the system works for 7 day...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 05, 09:39 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Larry Lard
SWT Trains through East Putney today

Tom Robinson wrote:
Saw a SWT train going through East Putney today while I was waiting
for the district line up to Edgware Road. Came up the ramp from the
Waterloo-Richmond line and went off...
Forum: London Transport November 18th 05, 09:38 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry Lard
Clapham Junc Today

David A Stocks wrote:
What has happened at Clapham today. Loads of people phoned in to say
Forum: London Transport November 11th 05, 03:40 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Larry Lard
Oxford Street - Buses or Trams?

Terry Harper wrote:
On 11 Nov 2005 01:44:51 -0800, "Bob"
wrote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,174-1867957,00.html

The Times reports proposals...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 05, 01:36 PM
Replies: 71
Posted By Larry Lard
Zone 6 conquers ten further Southern stations...

wrote:
[snip]
Then there's Dartford. It's hard for customers on the 3 north Kent
parallels to get from one line to the other without going back to
Lewisham which might...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43

Forum Jump